Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Isn't that the reason for buying any multi platform title in Switch, when you have the other platforms it's cheaper and probably performs better on?

I thought the Diablo bit was pulled due to Switch online details being included but that's all info already available.
    Maybe a Gamescom announcement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Wahoo. Might finally get to play past the first few hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Delighted. I finished the game on the PS4, but only with one class, and that didn't include the second expansion, I believe. I'll definitely be getting this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

€59.99 on Xbox One and PS4 too.
    Parity in console prices here, folks. No Switch tax.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    €59.99 on Xbox One and PS4 too.
    Parity in console prices here, folks. No Switch tax.

I must be mixing it up with the PS3/360 version.
    Apologies.

• Advertisement

Yep, the new SKU is "Diablo III: Eternal Collection"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Diablo officially confirmed. Good to see Nintendo having a relationship with Blizzard as well.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1030122228334059520?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Blizzard have a statement out saying that Overwatch is feasible on Switch too, no chance of Scarcraft 2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Corholio wrote:
    Diablo officially confirmed. Good to see Nintendo having a relationship with Blizzard as well.

I love how bad of an actor Reggie is. I miss that naturally, for lack of a better word clumsy personality in Directs since Iwata left but he has it in spades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

ERG89 wrote: »
    I love how bad of an actor Reggie is. I miss that naturally, for lack of a better word clumsy personality in Directs since Iwata left but he has it in spades.
    LOL. It's so true. He's brutal. He looks like a caricature

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I must be mixing it up with the PS3/360 version.
    Apologies.

I got it for the PS4 without the most recent add on for €25. The last expansion pushed the price back up.

A Hat In Time announced to be releasing on Switch 'in the near future'.

A little embarrassing for the devs who had snarkily dismissed the idea of it on Switch previously.

Money vs. Pride.

Glad to hear it though - it's a bloody fantastic game.

The announcements keep coming today.....

Grandia I & II HD Remasters coming to Switch this Winter.

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1031617752128057347?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3

I watched some "Lets Plays" of Bad North this morning. Looks like an excellent game.
    I'm going to wait for some reviews though - it's a roguelite and I want to know what the gameplay loop is like.

Trailer:

In other news, I hear Morphie's Law isn't great. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Mr E wrote: »
    I watched some "Lets Plays" of Bad North this morning. Looks like an excellent game.
    I'm going to wait for some reviews though - it's a roguelite and I want to know what the gameplay loop is like.

Trailer:

In other news, I hear Morphie's Law isn't great. :(
    Looks promising. RTS. They are calling it roguelite which is annoying but the game looks good.

My favourite roguelike games are adom, omega and doom the roguelike. I also played moria to completion multiple times but it's not as good as any of the above. I really see no similarity between these games and bad north. Just a trendy term now for some reason, geek cred or something without necessarily having the sort of personality or neurological makeup that is fascinated by extremely long and repetetive games where you move your @ about .s and fight a variety of other alphabetic characters.

I preferred Angband.

Showing my age now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Absolutely chuffed A Hat in Time is making its way to Switch. Been dying to play it and I've got nothing else that will run it.

https://nintendoeverything.com/a-hat-in-time-coming-to-switch/

A Hat in Time is coming to Switch, Gears for Breakfast has announced. The news was just shared during a presentation on Twitch, which also revealed new DLC and splitscreen co-op.

The base game is €24.99 on Steam.
    The Switch version is a deluxe edition with "All Day And A Night" and "Psych Ward" DLC packs included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

OSI wrote: »
    €30 :eek::eek:

It's €25 on Xbox and there's DLC extra for €11. Is that included in the Switch version?

• Advertisement

Random Release News of the Day:

Saints Row The Third announced for Switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

The source of this has deleted his tweet about this. The general consensus seems to be that this is pure BS.

Also the fact that the original source said games can be built for Switch v2 and not support Switch v1. No way Nintendo would do something that stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The source of this has deleted his tweet about this. The general consensus seems to be that this is pure BS.

Also the fact that the original source said games can be built for Switch v2 and not support Switch v1. No way Nintendo would do something that stupid.

My first reaction to news of that sort being confirmed would be to firebomb Nintendo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

OSI wrote: »
    Prison Architect released on Switch.

I wonder how it plays on switch? Limitations and controls?
    I liked it a lot on pc and it would be fun game for handheld.

I see Darkest dungoes is on switch now too ( my switch was not on for half a year ) and it is perfect for handheld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Saints Row 3 is an interesting choice. It's a great game, and should run well on the Switch. At a 19.99 price point, it could be a great one to pick up. I hope they go for the low price, many purchases option vs the high price, few purchases in order to get their money.

Grandia 1 and 2 being released too. I've never played them but I see a lot of excitement online for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

chrislad wrote: »
    Saints Row 3 is an interesting choice. It's a great game, and should run well on the Switch.

Has Saints Row ever truly ran well on anything?
    Anytime I played it you could feel its about to get busy when the slowdown begins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

chrislad wrote: »
    Saints Row 3 is an interesting choice. It's a great game, and should run well on the Switch. At a 19.99 price point, it could be a great one to pick up. I hope they go for the low price, many purchases option vs the high price, few purchases in order to get their money.

Yeah price will be crucial anything over €20, and even €15 for digital, and you can forget it, especially since it's been give away with PS+ and Games With Gold already.

• Advertisement

It's a 2011 game. They can't realistically charge more than €19.99.

Advertisement