Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Walking Dead Final Season is out now in the US, but Season 1-3 are also coming out this year.

Season 1 (+400 Days) is out next week - $24.99, so I assume €24.99.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/08/telltales_the_walking_dead_seasons_1_2_and_3_are_all_coming_to_switch_this_year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Mr E wrote: »
    It's a 2011 game. They can't realistically charge more than €19.99.

Tell that to Bethesda will ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The Walking Dead Final Season is out now in the US, but Season 1-3 are also coming out this year.

Season 1 (+400 Days) is out next week - $24.99, so I assume €24.99.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/08/telltales_the_walking_dead_seasons_1_2_and_3_are_all_coming_to_switch_this_year

So, am I to take it we're not getting The Walking Dead: Collection like other platforms and have to fork out for each entry?

The individual seasons will come out first (like the did on other consoles), then I assume that the full collection will come out afterwards.

They'll want to maximise profit with a new audience, so you can't blame them.

It's not really the kind of game that people who've played it on other consoles will double dip on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's a 2011 game. They can't realistically charge more than €19.99.

You literally followed this up with a Walking Dead price of 24.99 that came out in 2012! :D

That's a disgraceful price. They were giving away the whole Walking Dead collection on the PS4 if you pre ordered the latest season for 23 euro. Joke of a company, I would love to have the whole collection in one place, but not at these prices.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Corholio wrote: »
    The announcements keep coming today.....

Grandia I & II HD Remasters coming to Switch this Winter.

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1031617752128057347?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3

Chuffed with this!

Not so chuffed with SR3, would have preferred a Xeno blade chronicles x announcement.

I saw on Facebook that Diablo 3 doesn't require a download for cartridge version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Nintendo Switch App Will Let You Read Comics, Including Dark Souls And Sonic

Announced during Gamescom 2018 and called InkyPen, the subscription service gives you access to a library of all-you-can-read comics and graphic novels on Switch. Currently, only English is supported, but the company says that most content will be available globally at launch.

InkyPen has announced a few series so far, including Dark Souls, Warhammer, Sonic, and Transformers comics. The official announcement notes that the catalog includes over 10,000 US comics, European comics, and manga. You can read in both handheld and docked mode, and the app includes touch controls in handheld mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Nice to see the console expanding. Now for a YouTube and Netflix app please.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Possibly unpopular opinion here but I am so sick of “rogue like” games on the switch. Nearly every second game is a rogue like, I have absolutely zero interest in these games and it’s really making me think about selling mine. Don’t get me wrong, breath of the wild and Odyssey are some of my favourite games of the past few years but aside from that I’ve been really disappointed with the game selection. Apart from the odd indie game I haven’t bought or even been tempted to buy a full price game for the switch since I bought it with BoTW and SMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

deadl0ck wrote: »
    LOL. It's so true. He's brutal. He looks like a caricature

He knows people think of him as a caricature and he plays to it. Genius. I love Reggie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Possibly unpopular opinion here but I am so sick of “rogue like” games on the switch. Nearly every second game is a rogue like, I have absolutely zero interest in these games and it’s really making me think about selling mine. Don’t get me wrong, breath of the wild and Odyssey are some of my favourite games of the past few years but aside from that I’ve been really disappointed with the game selection. Apart from the odd indie game I haven’t bought or even been tempted to buy a full price game for the switch since I bought it with BoTW and SMO.

I'm not a fan of the rogue-like either but I've still amassed a ridiculous number of purchases on my Switch.
    From puzzle games to platformers there is plenty to enjoy, at least for me.
    And, as for physical releases, I've been collecting done good stuff there too.
    That said, I do yearn for more on the scale of BotW and Mario Odyssey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

I’m in your corner here. I bought a Vita years ago expecting great AAA titles and it descended into JRPG hell (for me).

I recently sold the Vita and got a switch and I love it. But, I am afraid that once the initial rush of AAA titles runs out there will be no amazing games released.

I still have BotW, Mario Kart and Skyrim to play so it will be awhile before i am stuck for something to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Glad I’m not the only one. It’s a great console for those type of games, I’m currently playing night in the woods on my honeymoon by the pool and it’s great. But unfortunately for me most of my gaming is done in front of the tv so it’s rare I get the chance to benefit from its mobility.

I had already bought Skyrim enhanced for PS4 so not in any rush to go back there. Mario kart is great for having friends around but I don’t play it single player at all.

I spent half hour last night checking what games are coming out are looking good and everyone second one was an indie I already bought or played on PC, likes of firewatch, Kentucky route zero. Great games but nothing new to me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Glad I’m not the only one. It’s a great console for those type of games, I’m currently playing night in the woods on my honeymoon by the pool and it’s great. But unfortunately for me most of my gaming is done in front of the tv so it’s rare I get the chance to benefit from its mobility.

I had already bought Skyrim enhanced for PS4 so not in any rush to go back there. Mario kart is great for having friends around but I don’t play it single player at all.

I spent half hour last night checking what games are coming out are looking good and everyone second one was an indie I already bought or played on PC, likes of firewatch, Kentucky route zero. Great games but nothing new to me anyway.

I've my X and PS4 hooked up to a 4K TV in the games room upstairs.

I've two docks for the Switch one in the sitting room and one in the bedroom.

Yet 90% of my gaming since Christmas has been done on the Switch in handheld mode.

Some Gamescom footage of the new FIFA on Switch

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭panevthe3rd

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Article also says that Octopath Traveller was the best selling game across all platforms. This doesn't include digital sales and I'd imagine it did well there too. Gta5 is still 2nd somehow. If the manage to get that onto the switch it'll be in the charts until the end of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

How is GTAIV still knocking about up near the top?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hmm, could the surprise possibly be a Smash character?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote:
    Hmm, could the surprise possibly be a Smash character?

Probably just <insert Nintendo character> themed costumes.

A character from Xenoblade Chronicles X appears in Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Full presentation below, jump to 32 minutes for the reveal:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I think they revamped the combat in torna golden country, so i might pick it up despite getting peed off with xeno 2 mechanics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

TitianGerm wrote:
    Labor Mario Kart looks like a lot of fun

Is it a political Mario or a pregnant Mario?
    God they'll do anything to sell games with Mario in the title

Advertisement