Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Statement from Nintendo on Cloud Saves. Sounds fair enough to me, but the zealots are up in arms.

Nintendo’s full statement reads:

“The vast majority of Nintendo Switch games will support Save Data Cloud backup. However, in certain games this feature would make it possible to, for example, regain items that had been traded to other players, or revert to a higher online multiplayer ranking that had been lost. To ensure fair play, Save Data Cloud backup may not be enabled for such games. To ensure that Save Data Cloud backups cannot be used to unfairly affect online multiplayer rankings, the feature will not be enabled in Splatoon 2.”"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mr E wrote: »
    Statement from Nintendo on Cloud Saves. Sounds fair enough to me, but the zealots are up in arms.

“The vast majority of Nintendo Switch games will support Save Data Cloud backup. However, in certain games this feature would make it possible to, for example, regain items that had been traded to other players, or revert to a higher online multiplayer ranking that had been lost. To ensure fair play, Save Data Cloud backup may not be enabled for such games. To ensure that Save Data Cloud backups cannot be used to unfairly affect online multiplayer rankings, the feature will not be enabled in Splatoon 2.”"

I think it's possibly just that other companies have found ways of clearing a lot, if not all, of the hacking up while allowing cloud saves. I see both sides really, it'll be interesting to see what they do with Smash.

New releases, week 2

@mod can you fix the link I'm on mobile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Most of the bitching im seeing is related to Splatoon 2, and its justified. If your rank was tied to your account/NNID, it wouldn't make any odds and save backups would be grand, but for some reason your rank is part of your savefile.

Its so damn stupid, its you're S rank, your switch dies and you need to get a new one, you're right back to C or whatever the base rank is to climb your way back to the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

Switch version has a Starfox cast add to it's version. Starlink is also available on xbox the one and ps4. Starlink is space game similar to skylanders. this not proper Starfox game. Eventually, the switch will have its own for starfox game soon.

• Advertisement

Most of the bitching im seeing is related to Splatoon 2, and its justified. If your rank was tied to your account/NNID, it wouldn't make any odds and save backups would be grand, but for some reason your rank is part of your savefile.

Its so damn stupid, its you're S rank, your switch dies and you need to get a new one, you're right back to C or whatever the base rank is to climb your way back to the top.

That would be a better solution definitely. They should have implemented a better workaround for Splatoon, and other games that might fall under that category.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Maybe they know of a way of "hacking" that isn't publicly known yet, and have just let the cat out of the bag.
    Assuming you can replace your savefile, you can make yourself whatever rank you want!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm gonna pick up Xenoblade 2 dlc next week, I loved that game !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition is more beautiful than ever and coming to Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 in 2019!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Katamari Damacy Reroll Trademarked In Europe

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/09/07/katamari-damacy-reroll-trademarked-in-europe/

No mention of Nintendo, but fingers crossed. :)

Please please please please please

Ah, please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I understand some people can't view Tweets as they're in work, so here's the Youtube video as well.

FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition – Announcement trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoa97CdeG_w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Ah now, were wiiu ports not enough Nintendo that now we are scraping the barrel for wii ports!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Grassey wrote: »
    Ah now, were wiiu ports not enough Nintendo that now we are scraping the barrel for wii ports!

GameCube actually if we are talking about Crystal Chronicles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's more Square than Nintendo - from what I gathered from reading about this, it was an excellent game, that was just released too early before the advent of proper online etc - This could give it the reception it deserved.

I'm waiting on FFVI through X ports though, Square. *tap tap*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Xenji wrote: »
    GameCube actually if we are talking about Crystal Chronicles.

Damn you're right, I just have a vague memory of it currently sitting in a box in the attic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1039136827683364864

Two #PokemonLetsGo #NintendoSwitch limited hardware bundles arrive on 16/11! They each include a Nintendo Switch Pikachu & Eevee Edition system, the Poké Ball Plus accessory and a pre-installed version of #Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!
    https://t.co/dLVPo5HD1o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

chrislad wrote: »
    It's more Square than Nintendo - from what I gathered from reading about this, it was an excellent game, that was just released too early before the advent of proper online etc - This could give it the reception it deserved.

I'm waiting on FFVI through X ports though, Square. *tap tap*

FF12 would do for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition releases on January 11th, 2019.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Rhyme wrote: »
    FF12 would do for me :)

Yeah, I bought that on my PS4 about 6 months ago, still sealed. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

chrislad wrote: »
    Yeah, I bought that on my PS4 about 6 months ago, still sealed. :)

Updated version for PS4? Either it or the original would suit, great looking game, interesting plot throughout and some of the best voice-acting/scripting in a FF game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Has anyone else thought with all the delays with the FF7 remake that it's opened the door for a Switch version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

manual_man wrote: »
    Has anyone else thought with all the delays with the FF7 remake that it's opened the door for a Switch version?

I don't think the Switch would be capable but who knows?

I thought it was PS4 exclusive or a timed exclusive anyway, anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

manual_man wrote:

No, it has to do with them handing it to CyberConnect2 to work on who were apparently out of their depth which meant it had to be taken over again internally.
    I doubt we'll get the entire game for a few years so it'll likely be on the successor to the Switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1039136827683364864

Two #PokemonLetsGo #NintendoSwitch limited hardware bundles arrive on 16/11! They each include a Nintendo Switch Pikachu & Eevee Edition system, the Pokall Plus accessory and a pre-installed version of #Pokn: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Pokn: Let's Go, Eevee!
    https://t.co/dLVPo5HD1o

When are we going to see chardee macdennis ported to switch? Will it come with amiibo game pieces and labo customisable team photos?

By the way, I like the look of that switch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    When are we going to see chardee macdennis ported to switch? Will it come with amiibo game pieces and labo customisable team photos?

I think it may be the most un-Nintendo game ever. It would be worse than Mortal Kombat without the blood:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I think it may be the most un-Nintendo game ever. It would be worse than Mortal Kombat without the blood:eek:

Yeah it's definitely more of a sega game. They had the edge and blast processing to handle it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Yeah it's definitely more of a sega game. They had the edge and blast processing to handle it.

Damn straight!

It's interesting the reveal of that Pokemon bundle today has almost confirmed that leak of the Smash Bros Console bundle a few weeks ago, as they share the exact same 'Nintendo Online' graphic on the box.

https://twitter.com/ShiggyNeo/status/1039143008510386176?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What time does the store uodate? Tried downloading xenoblade doc but it wasn't available yet.

Advertisement