Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

sligeach wrote: »
    The minions of hell grow stronger… Join your friends in the fight with Diablo III: Eternal Collection on Nintendo Switch, coming November 2!

Edit: It'll also take up 13.3GB worth of space.

That is a game i would love to buy on the switch. Have it on a few platforms but I think it would be amazing in handheld mode. Hopefully the switch can cope with the Diablo style of button mashing :D

Luigi's Mansion 3 trailer :)

Guess the plotline for Luigi’s Mansion 3? ;)
    DnC28OtW4AIIgcl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    Guess the plotline for Luigi’s Mansion 3? ;)
    DnC28OtW4AIIgcl.jpg

Someone ate all the pizzas ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Mario is missing. So now we begin learning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

sligeach wrote:
    Guess the plotline for Luigi’s Mansion 3?

Luigis Mansion 3 based on Stephen Kings The Shining.

Has the same hotel vibe... Am. I right?

Luigi gives into his voyeuristic tendencies, and follows Mario to his dirty weekend away with Peach and/or Yoshi.

Bed made, 7 pizzas, 1 drink, open suitcase with contents nowhere in sight. All very suspicious. (Playing Ace Attorney at the moment)

A hotel means lots of floors/rooms, I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

5 at least going by the trailer (rooms 506 & 507 visible on landing I think)

• Advertisement

Steven Spielberg, M. Night Shyamalan, J.J. Abrams, Michael Bay and Ridley Scott are working on the script for Luigi’s Mansion 3. It'll sweep the board winning every award going.

So a fantasy story with a twist and lens flare from panning cameras?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So a fantasy story with a twist and lens flare from panning cameras?

Don't forget the explosions. 💥

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Grassey wrote: »
    Luigis Mansion 3 based on Stephen Kings The Shining.

Has the same hotel vibe... Am. I right?

All work and no play makes Luigi a dull boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

900.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The wireless NES controllers only work on NES games. They won't work on regular switch games.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/wireless_nes_controllers_wont_work_with_other_games_on_nintendo_switch

I'm a Nintendo defender and sometimes apologist, but even I think this is dumb. They are charging such a premium for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mr E wrote: »
    The wireless NES controllers only work on NES games. They won't work on regular switch games.
    I'm a Nintendo defender and sometimes apologist, but even I think this is dumb. They are charging such a premium for them.

They'll likely do the same with snes controllers too. As much as I like Nintendo games sometimes their approach to business utterly baffles me. I hope people who have 8bitdo's will be able to use theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Mr E wrote: »

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/wireless_nes_controllers_wont_work_with_other_games_on_nintendo_switch

I had them as a definite purchase before I found that out. Obviously won't bother now and I'd be amazed if many people do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was just thinking of my 8bitdo, a much better solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hopefully this isn't some terrible gouging move, and it's either a limit applied so you can't get stuck in a game with a controller that doesn't have enough buttons, or currently the switch's firmware doesn't natively support the handshake for the controller and it's handled inside the game, but that they will address that down the line. Can't say I'd see the appeal of a NES controller when you know there's a SNES one around the corner, but I know from reading Stings diary that sometimes dealing with temptation and delaying gratification is difficult.

The controllers seem to be deliberately harder to buy, not generally released in retail, coupled with the lack of anything other than the NES buttons makes it a real niche product.
    It's not dissimilar to the Club Nintendo NES controllers for the Wii, a decade ago.
    Does the NES controller have enough buttons for Dead Cells or Hollow Knight?
    I wouldn't stress about it.
    If a more compatible controller is required there are plenty such as the 8Bitdo range and the inevitable deluge of other 3rd party versions of the announced NES controller .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I don't think I'll bother with those controllers myself. If I want to play with the original controllers, I'll grab the NES mini.

Starting with exclusively NES games is a mistake in my opinion anyway, the majority of Nintendo games really became timeless in the SNES era. Mario Bros and Mario 3 hold up, but Metroid and Zelda on NES are nowhere near as fun these days as their 16-bit counterparts.

It's a nice bonus, but I don't see these games getting a lot of playtime tbh. Bring on Gamecube games!!!

The World Ends With You -Final Remix-: Gameplay Trailer (Nintendo Switch)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bLTriPZhWCA

The Swindle on Nintendo Switch - Official Release Date Trailer

Swag bags at the ready! Developer Studio Size Five Games and publishing hero Curve Digital are prepping The Swindle to sneak onto Nintendo Switch on October 11th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neBol7zSaZc

• Advertisement

Silver Chains - Announcement Trailer
    After his car hit a tree in a stormy night, Peter wakes up in an old abandoned mansion, somewhere in England. He can´t remember why and how he got here, but soon he realises that the house is not as abandoned as it seems.

While trying to find a way out of the house, Peter has to uncover the dark secrets of what has happened in this place. As he tries to find his way out, Peter discovers hints which indicate that he has already been here before. But by the time he’s starting to put the pieces of the puzzle together, something evil has picked up his trail…

Silver Chains is a first-person horror game with a strong emphasis on story and exploration game. Search for clues within an old abandoned manor to unravel the truth about the terrible events which have happened here.

Solve puzzles to find out how you are connected to the mysteries of this place. But be careful: an evil lurks in the cold, dark masonry and it has already started hunting you…

Silver Chains will be release in 2019 for PC, PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch™ and Xbox One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y18Sy1koqw

Advertisement