Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It does say beside the rating that fees are required

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

As far I can remember, my 360 and PS3 versions of the same game also required a paid sub to play, so no sweat.

And, to those of you who haven't played it yet, I look forward to seeing you... really soon.

Consider yourself lucky if it is only me you bump into, my son is very good at the Souls/Bloodborne games, and will probably make mince meat of you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Wait, so people can just show up in your Dark Souls game and **** you up?
    They didn't have that on the Amazon pre-order page back in march!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Banjo wrote: »

A certain area i think you cant stop invading but you can avoid it elsewhere if you so choose by doing something but wheres the fun in that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just play offline and they can't get ya :pac:

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Just play offline and they can't get ya :pac:

Ah, there's a point. Anyone indulging in murder tourism on Dark Souls has paid for the privilege, so at least you know you're getting ganked by a better class of Nintendo fan, not those filthy Fortnite ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Legendary Fishing: Available on Nintendo Switch™ and PlayStation®4 | Launch Trailer | Ubisoft [NA]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA3wo16kRI0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

sligeach wrote: »
    Legendary Fishing: Available on Nintendo Switch™ and PlayStation®4 | Launch Trailer | Ubisoft [NA]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA3wo16kRI0
    Motion controls so I can use my labo fishing rod yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

^^ To be expected really. It's pretty much the Nes classic emulator. Nvidias chipset having a huge security flaw at boot level has opened the whole thing up on older Switch consoles.

I'd expect these consoles to be banned as soon as they go online though surely?

After reading about it, it just looks like rom swaps without much 'hacking' involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

I have also read that the nes online thing is installable on 5.1

Just saw this on NintendoLife - Magicat is out today. I know nothing about it, but it meowt scratch that retro platforming itch. Tons of collectables, buyable abilities, lots of secrets, over 60 levels. Easy to see some Super Mario World influence there too. Only a fiver, so it's not a massive commitment.

Reviews on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/656970/MagiCat/

Trailer:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ace Attorney HD trilogy coming next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You have to be human too, the default state isn't human so its not a huge issue, and there's level restrictions and stuff so you normally have a fighting chance

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A new reason to own a Switch!

Virtua Racing on the way, via Sega Ages.

Not the MD one.
    Not the Saturn port.
    Not even the excellent 32X version.

But the arcade original!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/virtua_racing_joins_the_sega_ages_line_on_nintendo_switch

Anyone trying Dark Souls? It's quite good, killed the black Knight and got a Black Knight Greatsword but I can't use it because I'm to puny :(

My son appears to be having a ball with it.
    But then he cleared it and the sequels already
    He got kicked out of the network once, which isn't bad given it was a few hours of play and wireless.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My son appears to be having a ball with it.
    But then he cleared it and the sequels already
    He got kicked out of the network once, which isn't bad given it was a few hours of play and wireless.

I got kicked out after about an hour tonight and couldn't get back in. I thought they just took it down for maintenance or something.

• Advertisement

6pm to 10pm... were you trying to get in after that?

Mr E wrote: »
    6pm to 10pm... were you trying to get in after that?

Could have been after 10 alright.

Yeah, I couldn't get in at midnight, but was on at 1am

Jesus! It's brutal!

I'm getting my arse handed to me by grunts. Tried Soldier and Witch, both die equally easily. And what is up with that F-ing pig-tank? Longest I've survived so far is about 3 minutes, 2 of which were spent trying to find the stairs up to the first baddie.

Am I right in thinking the "strong" block is a parry with micro-tolerence for perfect timing that I'll never pull off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Yeah, I couldn't get in at midnight, but was on at 1am

Jesus! It's brutal!

I'm getting my arse handed to me by grunts. Tried Soldier and Witch, both die equally easily. And what is up with that F-ing pig-tank? Longest I've survived so far is about 3 minutes, 2 of which were spent trying to find the stairs up to the first baddie.

Am I right in thinking the "strong" block is a parry with micro-tolerence for perfect timing that I'll never pull off?

Stick with soldier, keep your shield up until attacked, block and then strike back, then block again. When your happier with timing and lasting a little longer mix in rolling or hit combos.

Its a parry yeah, the timing is very generous in DkS1, when the enemies weapon is in its forward momentum, hit L2 and you should be away.

Didnt get a chance to play last night but my whole evening will be playing tonight i hope.

I havent looked into the remaster atall, have they added password matching like BB and DS3 had for co-op or is it the same as first time.round?

Marble It Up (spiritual successor to Marble Blast Ultra) is out next Saturday.
    Here is the launch trailer.

Please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Like Kula World and Marble Madness had a crack baby.

Accurate :pac:

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Marble It Up (spiritual successor to Marble Blast Ultra) is out next Saturday.
    Here is the launch trailer.

Please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good......

Still have Marble Blast Ultra on my 360, it felt like a bit of a college project at the time!
    But I'm a sucker for this type of game, so count me in for it!

Advertisement