Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

really looking forward to this but this is the first video i've seen where Star Fox looks really bolted on.

I know what you mean, it's very jarring when Fox appears in those cut scenes.

The cynic in me thinks that this will only really sell well on one platform, and that will have more to do with Fox McCloud than the game itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Shinen's new game announcement is a port of Art Of Balance (out on October 4th).
    Nope, not buying it again. Very disappointing choice.

https://twitter.com/ShinenGames/status/1045291046220050434

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Reggie Puts On Metroid Shirt For The Game Awards 2018 Photo

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/09/27/reggie-puts-on-metroid-shirt-for-the-game-awards-2018-photo/

You've got to think that's a hint that Metroid Prime 4 will be shown at The Game Awards, which by the way takes place on 6th December.

John Carmack: Oculus Quest will end up competing with Nintendo Switch

https://venturebeat.com/2018/09/27/john-carmack-oculus-quest-will-end-up-competing-with-nintendo-switch/

• Advertisement

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

What's the verdict on FIFA 19? I always preferred PES so I'm a bit skeptical about getting. Not sure it'll be as much fun as Rocket League!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭baldshin

Balanadan wrote: »
    What's the verdict on FIFA 19? I always preferred PES so I'm a bit skeptical about getting. Not sure it'll be as much fun as Rocket League!

I think it's definitely an improvement on FIFA 18. Graphics are much improved, gameplay is a bit more realistic and fluid. I'm sure it's still not a patch on the XB1 or PS4 versions though, and no game will ever be as fun as Rocket League!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

At least going by FIFA 18, I wouldn't bother with it at all on the Switch if you plan to play portably using the Joycons. The analogue sticks are simply not accurate enough to enjoy it fully. The range of motion is a lot shorter than on conventional controllers which makes things a lot more difficult.

I'm sure the Pro controller is fine but if you plan to play it docked only, I would certainly pick it up on one of the other systems instead if you have the means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Marble It Up came out yesterday, but in the US only. The EU release is coming at a later unspecified date.

There are content packs planned for after the release, including a multi player mode and new levels.

Seems to be getting great reviews too. 8/10 and above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

sligeach wrote: »
    You've got to think that's a hint that Metroid Prime 4 will be shown at The Game Awards, which by the way takes place on 6th December.

Well would be a good time to show off a quick trailer. Either that or Bayo 3 gameplay, I think we might see one of them next Xmas.

Was thinking the reveal of the Pokemon RPG but that will probably be Direct-ed soon or at E3 2019, too big for the domestic market to show at an American awards show.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

just been grateful the switch games are €60 nowadays but in the past, you had to pay Nintendo game was 70 or 80 punts, not euros which is roughly 80-90 euros nowadays that is cheaper compare to games for nintendo switch games. Next you complain how dear a game is expensive nowadays remember Nintendo should charging €80 -€100 for their games nowadays.

NINTENDO SWITCH VR HEADSET IS ABOUT TO BECOME A THING WITH NS GLASSES
    Screenshot-2018-10-01-at-21.14.25-1038x576.jpg

https://nintendosoup.com/nintendo-switch-vr-headset-is-about-to-become-a-thing-with-ns-glasses/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

It's happening! Nintendo's Quality of Life project is a global campaign of synchronised pop-up Neck Strain therapy booths. But they need customers.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

QoL was canned, but I understand the joke.

no harm nintendo going vr again, they did it with the virtual boy even so its was flop it sold tons of games and the switch might become great big through in vr games too same with the switch games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

The Switch doesn't have the horsepower to handle VR?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Is the resolution not a little low for sticking the screen that close to your face?

The review embargo for Mega Man 11 has been lifted, it's doing alright so far, averaging 78% thus far from 12 reviews.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/mega-man-11/critic-reviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

sligeach wrote: »
    The review embargo for Mega Man 11 has been lifted, it's doing alright so far, averaging 78% thus far from 12 reviews.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/mega-man-11/critic-reviews

Good to see. The demo was decent. I need to get through MM 2 through 10 first though :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a Virtual Boy, it's great!

And the Switch really wouldn't work in VR with such a low resolution screen.
    The PS4 VR system I own looks like a screen door is sitting between me and the display, and that's 960 × 1080 per eye.
    The Switch is only 1280 × 720p in total.

Tldr: it'd be sh1te.

Give Nintendo switch a chance with vr gaming some people will buy their vr games. You lot going have to accept the switch its brilliant gaming system. According to specs the switch is twice more powerful as the Wii U. The switch does have the power to handle vr gaming. The switch keep producing brilliant games for the next 5 - 6 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Smertrius wrote: »
    Give Nintendo switch a chance with vr gaming some people will buy their vr games. You lot going have to accept the switch its brilliant gaming system. According to specs the switch is twice more powerful as the Wii U. The switch does have the power to handle vr gaming. The switch keep producing brilliant games for the next 5 - 6 years

It may be able to handle VR buy the resolution of the screen is to low and would seriously detract from the VR experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Nothing to do with power, the new oculus quest standalone headset(1600*1440 per eye) is of similar or slightly less powerful than the switch I think I read somewhere. It's the really low res of 720p would be a huge stumbling block for most people.

Those touch controllers are also brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

720 is too low resolution for proper vr. The screen door effect would be ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,266 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Does that mean it'll be as funny as a screen door in a battleship?

this vr head set is not nintendo product it was designed for nintendo switch by a 3rd party company not nintendo not proper vr head set designed by nintendo yet. Nintendo have not launch their own vr head set yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

this vr head set is not nintendo product it was designed for nintendo switch by a 3rd party company not nintendo not proper vr head set designed by nintendo yet. Nintendo have not launch their own vr head set yet.

Exactly.
    This headset is not a VR Headset in any true sense of the word.
    And the Switch doesn't have the display to do VR comfortably.
    One never knows.
    They could make a dedicated headmounted dock that includes an appropriate display, wouldn't be too expensive, with the Switch containing the tilt sensors and the processing
    But there is no sign of Nintendo having any interest in such a device, so it's purely wishful thinking on our part.

• Advertisement
Advertisement