Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I have more the problem with the fact that the are not advising the game is free and are stating that there is a voucher included to download the game? I mean this is a cheap trick and its a way or luring people that have no clue into buying it as a gift.

Ah fair point, must have overlooked that aspect of it, as I know it's free, and assumed it was just akin to selling eShop cards in a shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

OSI wrote: »
    Why would I want to play NES games on my Switch. If I really wanted them I'd just pull out my actual NES, they play much better on there.

/s
    much easier to get through games when it's on a handheld. I love retro consoles but I never bother me hole pulling them out to play with.

Mr E wrote: »
    The new NES games are out now (Solomons Key, Super Dodge Ball, NES Open Tournament Golf), plus one extra game called "The Legend of Zelda – Living the life of luxury!" - it's the same as the original Zelda, but you start with everything and a ton of rupees.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/10/surprise_a_special_version_of_the_legend_of_zelda_has_appeared_in_the_switchs_nes_library
    Nice the games are pushed down rather than the ps plus model where I've gone months where I've forgot to "purchase" the free games and missed them entirely.
    It will be interesting if they keep offering things like that zelda game. Nes remix would be a nice one to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

you think switch games are expensive nes, snes, n64, gamecube, ps1, ps2 games were 70 - 80 Irish punts which = 80- 90 euros brand new without extras so 60 euroes is cheap for a game nowadays brand new plus you getting extra DLC which wasn't available back in 80s-2000 and no nintendo dlcs in original games so switch game are worth their prices for their games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Smertrius wrote: »
    you think switch games are expensive nes, snes, n64, gamecube, ps1, ps2 games were 70 - 80 Irish punts which = 80- 90 euros brand new without extras so 60 euroes is cheap for a game nowadays brand new plus you getting extra DLC which wasn't available back in 80s-2000 and no nintendo dlcs in original games so switch game are worth their prices for their games

Well those DLCs would probably been part of the main game back then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I spent £60 on a second hand copy of Virtua Racing for my Megadrive back in the day!

But comparisons with the past are unfair, best to compare with direct competitors and, even better, often the same games and you'll find that Switch titles are typically more expensive than the same game on other systems.
    Switch Tax.
    Thankfully not increased in yesterday's budget!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I spent £60 on a second hand copy of Virtua Racing for my Megadrive back in the day!

But comparisons with the past are unfair, best to compare with direct competitors and, even better, often the same games and you'll find that Switch titles are typically more expensive than the same game on other systems.
    Switch Tax.
    Thankfully not increased in yesterday's budget!

you said I spent £60 on a second hand

switch games are brand new 60 euroes is cheaper then £60

£60 = 70 euroes

so switch games are worth every cents

Smertrius wrote: »
    you said I spent £60 on a second hand

switch games are brand new 60 euroes is cheaper then £60

£60 = 70 euroes

so switch games are worth every cents
    Its actually 76.20, I still have my calculator. I use it daily to see what things cost in old money;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

iamtony wrote: »
    Its actually 76.20, I still have my calculator. I use it daily to see what things cost in old money;)
    IR£60 ÷ 0.787564 = €76.18

Some dodgy rounding on your calculator, was it issued by a bank or the government? :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Also, inflation.
    Still, worth every penny.
    And why I own three copies of Virtua Racing on the MD, one from each region!

Point is, games reached a stable price point in each generation, on each format, so high prices can only be judged with similar prices across available devices.

Brand new AAA titles are always expensive too.

And Nintendo games seem to be resistant to the same discounts other formats enjoy, and that was also the case with the WiiU.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Mark of the Ninja released last night, caught me off guard. It was downloading before I even knew what I was doing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I saw a review on YouTube this morning that said it had frame rate issues... should be patchable though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Rhyme wrote: »
    Mark of the Ninja released last night, caught me off guard. It was downloading before I even knew what I was doing :)

Yeah, it wasn't on the Coming Soon for the Irish store. Picked it up for about 15 on the SA store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

ooh that looks decent, might pick it up after the patch tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭mario54324

Will there be a physical release at some point? I've always wanted to play this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Pre ordered The World Ends With You in Gamestop and it got delayed due to the weather:( Can't be helped and tbf they gave me a 5 euro voucher.

Has anybody been able to find The Missing on the eshop ? It's the new game from SWERY and I thought it was meant to be out yesterday.

Speaking of TWEWY, I've never been a fan of JRPG's but I've heard it's good for non-fans, as it isn't turn based. Would I like it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

mario54324 wrote: »
    Speaking of TWEWY, I've never been a fan of JRPG's but I've heard it's good for non-fans, as it isn't turn based. Would I like it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA4pbt38y34

Showing my age here. :p

Starlink Battle for Atlas leaked, Switch physical requires 6GB day one update

https://www.resetera.com/threads/starlink-battle-for-atlas-leaked-switch-physical-requires-6gb-day-one-update.74128/

• Advertisement

The World Ends With You -Final Remix- - Launch Trailer (Nintendo Switch)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8-5P7_N152o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

mario54324 wrote: »

The battle system is actually quite complex and fiddly which could be a turn off, it also looks like the game docked is near impossible at times to play due to how innovative the original controls were on the DS, you will get the best out of it playing handheld.

NINTENDO SWITCH SYSTEMS MADE IN 2018 HAVE WARMER SCREENS AND BETTER WI-FI STRENGTH

https://nintendosoup.com/nintendo-switch-systems-made-in-2018-have-warmer-screens-and-better-wi-fi-strength/

The wi-fi issue is definitely something I've seen mentioned numerous times with the Switch. But then I've always found Nintendo products to have crappy wi-fi. I had to buy a TP-Link Powerline Extender specifically for my Wii U and I use the Nintendo USB LN network adapter for a direct connection. The two features listed above were supposedly going to be improved in the rumoured new Switch model coming in 2019, that is, a 1080p screen and a new improved wi-fi network chip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Interesting video posted to Spawn Wave earlier seems to indicate that either an N64 classic is close, or someone has too much time on their hands. :)

I was in GS yesterday and they seem to have a fair few NIS games there, though they are pretty expensive, 39.99 or thereabouts for games that, on digital, are often €20 cheaper.
    Might pick one or two of them up though, while I was disappointed with The End Is Nigh none of the other NIS titles have been a let down.
    The physical edition of Owlboy for a start anyway.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I was in GS yesterday and they seem to have a fair few NIS games there, though they are pretty expensive.

I just buy my games off Amazon. Unless I have a Gamestop gift card lying around.

• Advertisement

Advertisement