Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Combined Switch launch trailer for Rogue Legacy and Full Metal Furies, both out in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

the latest update gives you voice chat on headphones with every game but Nintendo wanted keep this quite

the voice chat works everygame with headphones wireless and microphone only usb only on the switch including splatoon 2 and mario kart according to nintendo life

you don't need smartphone app for voice chat anymore just use usb wireless headphones and microphones on every game . it works according nintendo life

wargroove maps are Identical to super mario bros 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭mario54324

Old school FPS Ion Maiden is coming to the Switch in 2019... a new game on the Build engine of all things :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Smertrius wrote: »
    the latest update gives you voice chat on headphones with every game but Nintendo wanted keep this quite

the voice chat works everygame with headphones wireless and microphone only usb only on the switch including splatoon 2 and mario kart according to nintendo life

you don't need smartphone app for voice chat anymore just use usb wireless headphones and microphones on every game . it works according nintendo life

wargroove maps are Identical to super mario bros 3

I'd have to see where this is sourced from.
    I did a quick google and couldn't find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'd have to see where this is sourced from.
    I did a quick google and couldn't find it.
    Yep - I couldn't find anything either

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I would imagine such a thing would be transformational, and much trumpeted online, rather than this hard to find.
    The state of play is most games need the phone app, while some 3rd party titles do not, and nothing has changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭mario54324

I would imagine such a thing would be transformational, and much trumpeted online, rather than this hard to find.
    The state of play is most games need the phone app, while some 3rd party titles do not, and nothing has changed.

It really wouldn't have killed them to put a feckin headphone jack on the controllers

New Shakedown: Hawaii trailer. Looks a bit deeper than I originally thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,019 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Rumour: Leak reveals new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate fighters

https://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-leak-reveals-new-super-smash-bros-ultimate-fighters/

I won't spoil it even though it's just a rumour. It lists characters we've heard before.

New ad. You have to say, Nintendo do a great job with these....

• Advertisement

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Available 12.7.2018 - Nintendo Switch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hkTzHcHTcME

"15 NEW Nintendo Switch Games Coming NOVEMBER 2018"

Watched the above video. New to Switch, yes, but not one of those are new games. The closest is Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee!, but even they aren't completely original. They're enhanced remakes of Pokemon Yellow.

That doesn't take away from the fact that I'll be downloading/buying 6 of them - Diablo 3, Moonlighter, Warframe, Civ 6, Transistor and Grip (if the reviews are good).

You need to stop beating the "no new games" drum, dude. We're being overwhelmed by games. :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I have Grip on Steam. Plays very much like old school Rollcage, which was awesome. It's a fun game.

I've discovered Civ VI doesn't have online play and only 4 player local multiplayer. So it isn't the full game on Switch.

EDIT: In fact its got the same features as the iOS release

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

with super smash bros coming back in a month time they should reboot every ssb amiibos for ssbu

Mr E wrote: »
    That doesn't take away from the fact that I'll be downloading/buying 6 of them - Diablo 3, Moonlighter, Warframe, Civ 6, Transistor and Grip (if the reviews are good).

You need to stop beating the "no new games" drum, dude. We're being overwhelmed by games. :o

I'd like for you or anyone to show where I last said that. My comment was in relation to the above video. The author not content with writing "new", they put it in caps. 15 games, and not a single one of them are new. It was an observation, just saying, not interested in a debate or argument.

Having a Thursday moan, standard :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Sligeach isn't wrong though. Looking at that list, there's almost nothing to excite. It's great if all you own is a Switch of course as you would have never played those games before.

Even looking ahead at upcoming releases, apart from Fire Emblem and Metroid whenever that arrives, there's not a lot that makes me glad I own the system. The portability aspect is fine, but honestly the novelty has kind of worn off for me. I don't travel enough to take full advantage of it. The higher price of the games offsets this advantage further.

Honestly I find myself been drawn further and further to what CeX are currently offering for the console. :( Still have a heap of Wii U and 3DS games to play too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Other than Civ VI I can't say much interests me in Switch for the rest of the year, if it runs well. Football Manager is unlikely this year and Wargroove is confirmed to be delayed. I'd rather play Assassins Creed Odyssey, Hitman 2 and Red Dead Redemption on other systems.
    As someone who has bought practically every mainline Pokemon game since Gameboy Colour I have to say Lets Go! looks like "baby's first Pokemon game" and I have zero interest in even trying a game they have actively made worse.

It's coming out on Switch this year, no specific date as of yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

sligeach wrote: »

Hmmm, I saw that on the PS4 - it looked interesting but reviews seemed to be mixed the time I looked at it.

Paw Patrol On A Roll

Be a good one for the younglings:

€40 on the eShop on €35 in Smyths.

Paw Patrol On A Roll

Be a good one for the younglings:

€40 on the eShop on €35 in Smyths.

Something for those troubled by Dark Souls perhaps!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Let me see if I'm right with Resi 4. GameCube, PS2, Wii, 360, PS3, PC, Xbox One, PS4 & now Switch. I would also add the mobile ports but they are not a direct replication of the main game.
    I have it on GameCube and PS4. It had not aged gracefully when I was playing it on the latter last year.

Something for those troubled by Dark Souls perhaps!

giphy.gif

Touché!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Resi 4 on PC got 2 releases.

Advertisement