Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

RE4 on the Wii was fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Pac1Man wrote: »
    RE4 on the Wii was fantastic.

Best version to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Resi 4 on PC got 2 releases.

I was going to ask why but then I remembered silly me this is Capcom.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

ERG89 wrote: »
    Let me see if I'm right with Resi 4. GameCube, PS2, Wii, 360, PS3, PC, Xbox One, PS4 & now Switch. I would also add the mobile ports but they are not a direct replication of the main game.
    I have it on GameCube and PS4. It had not aged gracefully when I was playing it on the latter last year.

I'm inevitably buying it again.
    I have it on all of those formats barring XB1 and PC.
    Crazy thing is I have always felt it glorious and timeless, until I got it for the PS4 recently.
    The controls are awful!
    And no option to meaningfully change them to something more contemporary.
    If there's anything the Switch is good at is offering alternate control methods, so hopefully they'll take this opportunity to stick in something less idiosyncratic!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I was going to ask why but then I remembered silly me this is Capcom.

It got the original port back in 2005, then recently the 'HD' version. Sad to say, I think I have every version bar iOS which doesnt really count.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Something for those troubled by Dark Souls perhaps!

You think trying to control Marshall's unpredictable limbs is any easier than wrestling with the bizarro-world button layout that Dark Souls favours? Or that I can any more keep my humanity from being hollowed than keep Everest from getting Chased?

Sir, you do those pups a disservice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,019 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Fallout 76 For Nintendo Switch "Wasn't Doable," But Bethesda Still Loves The System
    Bethesda considers Switch for every new release.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-76-for-nintendo-switch-wasnt-doable-but-be/1100-6462843/

Halloween Forever rated for Switch

https://nintendoeverything.com/halloween-forever-rated-for-switch/

Here's the PS4/Vita trailer below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIWlBOeGb2s

It launched there over a week ago. You'd have thought this would have been in last week's eShop update. Halloween will be over next Thursday, that's if it makes it by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Play Halloween Forever when it launches on Nintendo Switch November 1st. Oh dear :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭mario54324

Do Limited Run do European releases? I know the Switch is region-free but still.

Two Tribes have put out a PR about Swap This!
    Q: Why did you develop Swap This!?
    A: We wanted to make matching games exciting again! When we started development, 7 years ago now, the genre was all about simple repetitive tasks and being rewarded with fancy animations. This is actually still the case… With Swap This! we wanted to create something more skill-based, requiring fast reflexes and tactical thinking. You still start by matching colors, but once you get the hang of it you'll juggle multiple chain reactions in real time while deploying power-ups strategically. It all stems from the fact that you can swap any cube on screen whenever you want, opening up a sea of possibilities.

Q: You call Swap This! ‘arcade-style’, why?
    A: We feel it this phrase captures the game’s spirit quite well. You need skill to play, it’s lightning fast, and you even have to beat giant enemy fish! Oh, and it costs only a few quarters… ;)

Q: Swap This! came out 7 years ago, but not really. What happened?
    A: It’s a long story that we can’t dive into too deeply. We ended up doing a very small-scale release on mobile, then pulling the game just a few weeks later. Let's say we were not happy with how the game's release was handled, and we felt it didn't get a fair chance.

After that it lingered in the Two Tribes treasure chest for a long time. We even tried to convert the game to a free-to-play model, but failed because the game is about real skill, not about buying your way to victory.

Q: Why bring it to Nintendo Switch now?
    A: We’ve toyed before with the idea of releasing an updated version of Swap This!, but now the Switch offers us the perfect opportunity. It has a responsive touch screen, which is the best way to play this game, and a lot of Switch players are looking for skill-based challenges we feel. Additionally, there aren’t many matching games on Switch in the first place, so we felt the time was right!

Q: When, and how much?
    A: It comes out on Friday November 2nd for just 1.19 $/€. You can pre-order it in the eShop today!

Q: Can the game be played in TV Mode?
    A: Definitely! We made sure to include a gyroscope-based pointer mode, which works surprisingly well. But the best way to play for sure is on the touch screen in Handheld Mode, where the game responds instantly to your input!

Q: What’s going on with all the fish and the ice cubes in this game?
    A: We created an original underwater universe for Swap This!, with innocent tiny fish assaulted by violent mega fish as well as ice cubes from alien refrigerators. You swap ice cubes that have encapsulated fish, to break the cubes and set the fish free. Makes sense, right?

Q: Why did you choose the aquatic theme of oceans, beaches and fish, as well as the colorful graphics?
    A: We wanted to convey accessibility, as anyone can pick up and play a matching game, but we also wanted to convey freshness. Because Swap This! brings something new and unexpected to the genre.

Q: Can you explain what the 4 game modes are all about?
    A: Sure! Minute Match challenges you to get better and score more points within a 2 minute time limit. Wave Mode just keeps on rolling. Fish Fight has you beating giant enemy fish by breaking the ice in time. And Puzzle offers 45 brain-teasing ice-cube conundrums to solve.

Q: Finally: hey Two Tribes, we thought you were done making games?!
    A: Well, we announced in 2016 that we wouldn’t develop any new projects after our sci-fi action game RIVE. This is still the case. But we also promised back then that we’d still support our existing games and fans, which is why we’ve been releasing titles from our back catalog on Nintendo Switch: RIVE, Toki Tori 2+, Toki Tori and now Swap This! Each one of these releases is the best version of that respective game, and each one feels quite at home on Switch.

The Maid of Sker is a new, very British survival horror game

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2018-10-29-the-maid-of-sker-is-a-new-very-british-survival-horror-game

Maid of Sker - Official Teaser Trailer (4K)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=OuUMG4nBtLw

Unfortunately, whenever I hear or see the logo, Wales Interactive, I think, mediocre. The trailer doesn't give much away.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

Play Halloween Forever when it launches on Nintendo Switch November 1st. Oh dear :o
    if you didn't know halloween festival starts on october 26th and ends on november 2nd this year . november 2nd is soul day the last day of Halloween festival , Halloween Forever launching on the november 1st is perfectly fine since its still during Halloween festival and According to specs the switch is twice more then the wiiu.

TOKI - Gameplay video ESRB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zKFBoj4_AA

I find the main character slightly irritating in that all he can use is his mouth(and jump on enemies). He's like a nerfed Donkey Kong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

mario54324 wrote: »
    Do Limited Run do European releases? I know the Switch is region-free but still.

Games released on by Limited Run Games are available to pre order on their website for a short period of time. They post worldwide can take a few months though for the games to be shipped to you.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Games released on by Limited Run Games are available to pre order on their website for a short period of time. They post worldwide can take a few months though for the games to be shipped to you.

I meant PAL versions of the games, with the text in the middle of the spine and the PEGI ratings. Nothing against the American versions, I'm just a collector that gets mildly annoyed by inconsistency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

mario54324 wrote: »
    I meant PAL versions of the games, with the text in the middle of the spine and the PEGI ratings. Nothing against the American versions, I'm just a collector that gets mildly annoyed by inconsistency.

No PAL versions but even collecting PAL versions there is allot of inconsistency in spine design such as text font. As a collector it makes my collection look better with various regional variants.

• Advertisement

Impressive. It should outsell the N64 by next year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »

Even though I have the originals already, for my Megadrives, I'm going to end up buying this...
    But it's Virtua Racing that I really want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,264 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So it's a Bubsy runner?

Time to get some firelighters, because I'd rather set me nuts aflame than sit through Bubsy.
    Christ that was sh1te enough the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Time to get some firelighters, because I'd rather set me nuts aflame than sit through Bubsy.
    Christ that was sh1te enough the first time.

I was out until I saw that it had Woolie and Arnold :pac:

Idk, Choice Provisions, the developers behind the Bit.Trip Runner series are making it, so it could be alright. You can definitely see their footprint on the game.

• Advertisement

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - Free Content Update Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la9JOXY0P-w

Advertisement