Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You are rushing along a fixed path.
    The path curves sharply in places, when you've to tilt so not to crash into a retaining wall.
    Other times you've to hit a button as you cross icons on the path.
    And then it gets f**ked up, with things out of Lovecraftian cosmic horror coming along the path to mess you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You are rushing along a fixed path.
    The path curves sharply in places, when you've to tilt so not to crash into a retaining wall.
    Other times you've to hit a button as you cross icons on the path.
    And then it gets f**ked up, with things out of Lovecraftian cosmic horror coming along the path to mess you up.

Extreme bobsled, horror edition...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Star Lord wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one! Just looks like a bug thing hurtling along a track with tippy backgrounds... Can't determine what the game element is...

Kind of like a rhythm action game where you have to press button sequences in time with the music and fight some bosses too. Pretty good I thought, especially wearing a pair of headphones. Can get difficult though (or else I was just rubbish at it :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Limited Run Games have put out a message that hints to a physical release of Wonder Boy possibly on Switch.

Best stick the funds in the bank just incase those Limited Run Games go quick I've been told.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Zelda reduced in Argos to €48, surely everyone with a switch has owned this game by now, if not grab a bargain.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6847504/Trail/searchtext%3EZELDA.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pixzel Lines DX is coming to Switch. It's a premium version of the freemium mobile game.

I played a lot of Pathpix on mobile years ago and this is a similar idea.

Would I recommend Pixzel Lines DX (for a premium) versus Pathpix on a phone for a fraction of that? I'm not so sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

NBA 2K18 launching Spetember 15th in Europeon Switch, on the same date as the other console versions and a few days earlier than the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Is Street Fighter getting a physical release, anyone know?

Cheers

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Is Street Fighter getting a physical release, anyone know?

Cheers

It is yes, will be released physically as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Hyper Sentinel Nintendo Switch trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61OlUTbTV9A

It'll arrive later in the Summer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Hyper Sentinel Nintendo Switch trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61OlUTbTV9A

It'll arrive later in the Summer.

Holy sh1t they're updating Uridium!!!!

The greatest shooter ever!

Well, aside from Raiden DX, Gradius Gaiden, Einhander, Ikaruga, RType Delta or Battle Garegga....

Day One purchase for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Holy sh1t they're updating Uridium!!!!

The greatest shooter ever!

Well, aside from Raiden DX, Gradius Gaiden, Einhander, Ikaruga, RType Delta or Battle Garegga....

Day One purchase for me!!

Andrew Hewson is involved. Nice one. Hewson Consultants published the original game.

http://www.hueygames.com/

Could that mean reboots for Cybernoid, Paradroid, Nebulus, and Insects in Space (among others?)

Mr E wrote: »
    Andrew Hewson is involved. Nice one. Hewson Consultants published the original game.

http://www.hueygames.com/

Could that mean reboots for Cybernoid, Paradroid, Nebulus, and Insects in Space (among others?)

Quazatron or I'm bombing the building....

Quazatron or I'm bombing the building....

but-but-but-6kamgs.jpg

Thumper confirmed by the developers to run at 1080p and 60fps in TV mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Rhyme wrote: »
    I'm that cat. That cat is me right now.

Is Metroid a cat?

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Should this be true, this would be me...

swanson-dance.gif

Coincidentally, this was also me any time Baby Groot was on screen in Guardians 2...

sebastianswason.gif

A pair of releases like a 2D and 3D Metroid title would be simply beyond wonderful.
    Maybe they could even tie in together somehow.
    Exciting times indeed.

All we need is F-Zero and a new Luigi's mansion game... and Wave race.... and 1080.... and, maybe an Etrian Odyssey.... go on Nintendo.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I like the idea of Metroid Prime. I never got very far in Prime or Corruption, and I'm pretty sure I never actually took the disk out of the box of Echoes. But cards on the table, I thought Heat was over-rated and always put Sporty 3rd in the running order after Ginger and Scary (partly as a palate cleaner but also 'cause you just know Posh is not going to put any effort in) so I know my tastes are a little out of whack with the mainstream.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'll probably buy it but will I play it? As such I'm not sure I should be excited.

Fingers crossed for a BotW crosspollination - an inter-celestial epic spanning multiple planets on a hyrulian scale... wait, I don't think my marriage could survive another game that size.

Big name or no, I don't think Metroid is what the Switch needs right now with it's focus on arsenal-gated exploration, we need something a bit different. Zelda has that covered. Mariokart gives arcade racing thrills, Splatoon covers shooters for a while, Arms covers fighting games. There's no Shmups or flying game though.... God help me, we need another Starfox!

The Xenoblade engine would be perfect for the Metroid Prime sub-series, although it should be considered that each area in Prime and it's sequels were just sublime organic puzzle boxes.
    That said, so were the dungeons of Legend of Zelda games and look how BotW rewrote that franchise, rewrote in terms that's make it hard to see how a LoZ game is ever going to be as linear as they always were.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Greybox have addressed the Nintendo pricing. Think it's a fair deal really. Not ideal but a decent compromise

https://www.greybox.com/rime/en/community/rime-pricing-nintendo-switch/

First off, the digital version of RiME on Nintendo Switch will now cost $29.99 / €34.99 / £29.99, the same price as the game on other platforms. So, that’s straightforward enough.

On the physical side, we can’t lower the price without selling at a loss, but we can add more value to the package. And that’s what we’re doing. For the Nintendo Switch version of RiME, all physical copies will include a printed code for a download of the complete, beautiful soundtrack by David García (a sample of which you can find here). You will be able to download the music via Bandcamp in one of the multiple high-quality formats. The soundtrack is planned on being sold separately for $10 in the US (and equivalent prices elsewhere), and so the value you’re going to get out of this will be the same as somebody who purchased a different version of RiME, and then bought the soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Fair play to them for publicly commenting on the price difference. Much more likely purchase for me now at €35

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Disgaea 5 for Switch has had some very impressive pre order numbers in the West. 110,000 pre orders between US and Europe, with France surpassing the UK with the most pre orders in Europe.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/nis-america-looks-west-for-success-as-disgaea-5-complete-hits-110k-pre-orders-in-us-and-europe/0182373

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Corholio wrote: »
    Disgaea 5 for Switch has had some very impressive pre order numbers in the West. 110,000 pre orders between US and Europe, with France surpassing the UK with the most pre orders in Europe.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/nis-america-looks-west-for-success-as-disgaea-5-complete-hits-110k-pre-orders-in-us-and-europe/0182373

I'm tempted to pre-order this and Street fighter as they are out the same day, but the price for street fighter is, well, it's a 20 Year old game with a 10 Year old update.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone buy Has Been Heroes yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I love the Disgaea games but they are extremely Japanese, so that may or may not put people off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Anyone buy Has Been Heroes yet?

i was very tempted in GS today as i could have got it for 15 as i'm a lvl 3 member

Advertisement