Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i was very tempted in GS today as i could have got it for 15 as i'm a lvl 3 member

Look at you with your member at lvl 3 :)
    Do they stop asking you to buy game insurance at lvl 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

if anything they are more pushy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

No. No they do not. Maybe at level 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Corholio wrote: »
    Disgaea 5 for Switch has had some very impressive pre order numbers in the West. 110,000 pre orders between US and Europe, with France surpassing the UK with the most pre orders in Europe.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/nis-america-looks-west-for-success-as-disgaea-5-complete-hits-110k-pre-orders-in-us-and-europe/0182373

Yeah I put my pre order for the special edition back in as NIS were starting to run low

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Anyone buy Has Been Heroes yet?

Playing the ****e out of it at the moment, I'm convinced it's negative reviews are based solely on 2 things; a) it's very difficult, b) the difficulty at the early stage is through the roof because of a lack of hand holding. Other than that I think it's genuinely brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

fixxxer wrote: »
    I love the Disgaea games but they are extremely Japanese, so that may or may not put people off.

I would follow Prinny into the heart of darkness and so should you Dood!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I'm tempted to pre-order this and Street fighter as they are out the same day, but the price for street fighter is, well, it's a 20 Year old game with a 10 Year old update.

Aye, I love this game, grew up playing it on arcades as a kid many moons ago, but the pricing is frankly ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Since when are we getting Telltale Batman ?
    https://www.coolshop.co.uk/product/batman-a-telltale-game-series/AH3RG8

Is it any good? I still haven't gotten around to playing TWD...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Banjo wrote: »

Reading online that its strongly rummered for the switch.

I say at E3 we will get Telltale saying there releasing games on the switch i hope so as i would not mind playing them on the bus to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Banjo wrote: »

I've only played the first two eps of TT Batman but I was enjoying it, still suffering from their buggy old engine though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Not that surprising from the brief look at it but Street Fighters Way of the Hado mode sounds pretty bad. Capcom seem to stop trying a while back, shame to see with the IP's they hold especially.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-15-street-fighter-2-nintendo-switch-first-person-mode-is-the-worst-of-wii-waggle

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

"SNES-Style" Harvest Moon Game Coming To Nintendo Switch, PS4, And PC
    Light of Hope is on the way.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/snes-style-harvest-moon-game-coming-to-nintendo-sw/1100-6450072/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ultra Street Fighter II review from Famitsu – 7/8/7/7

http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-review-scores-51617/

Mr E wrote: »
    Ultra Street Fighter II review from Famitsu – 7/8/7/7

http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-review-scores-51617/

Famitsu are normally quite generous, especially with Japanese games. "The Way of the Hado" tacked on minigame is supposed to be pants. Plus it's too expensive for an old game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think fighting game fans should be much happier at the release of Neo Geo games on to the Switch.
    I am currently waiting for The Last Blade and it's sequel, just sublime, but any 2D fighter player is spoiled for choice with the likes of the two KoF titles there right now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Going to skip SF2.

We already have Garou, Sam Sho 4, Waku Waku 7 and some of the best King of fighters games on Switch all of which are significantly better than SF2.

The Last Blade games, Samurai Shodown 2, the Real Bout Fatal Fury games and Art of Fighting 3 are sure to appear at some point and all of them are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Going to skip SF2.

We already have Garou, Sam Sho 4, Waku Waku 7 and some of the best King of fighters games on Switch all of which are significantly better than SF2.

The Last Blade games, Samurai Shodown 2, the Real Bout Fatal Fury games and Art of Fighting 3 are sure to appear at some point and all of them are better.

I'm waiting for Virtual Console and SFII Turbo. I'm not going to hold my breath though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

https://www.gamestop.ie/Nintendo%20Switch/Games/63494/this-is-the-police

This s the police up for pre order for the Switch with game stop and coming in Aug and for 20 euros must be the cheapest retail game ever for the switch.

I heard good things about this game so could be good for playing on the move.

Quaston does game stop charge for pre orders if i order now for in store pick up ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

https://www.gamestop.ie/Nintendo%20Switch/Games/63494/this-is-the-police

This s the police up for pre order for the Switch with game stop and coming in Aug and for 20 euros must be the cheapest retail game ever for the switch.

I heard good things about this game so could be good for playing on the move.

Quaston does game stop charge for pre orders if i order now for in store pick up ?.

I don't think they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

€40 in smyths for Street Fighter if you pay a €5 deposit first.

• Advertisement

Frozenbyte have just announced a new game for Switch

Nine Parchments Nintendo Switch Announcement Trailer

About Nine Parchments

A group of drop-out wizard apprentices decide to skip their training for a quick path to the Nine Parchments.
    As the wannabe wizards rapidly discover powerful new spells and ignore all safety aspects, it's natural that their hasty progress results in lots of unwanted deaths...

Features
    • Wield the power of the elements and master a diverse and ever-changing arsenal of spells
    • Unlock new playable characters, wizard hats and magical staves
    • Level up and train your characters in the magical arts, but choose your path wisely!
    • Battle strange creatures and mighty bosses in a breathtakingly beautiful world, set in the Trine universe
    • Online and local co-op with 1-4 players
    • Coming to Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4, and Xbox One in 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOEKESOFOI0

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Owlboy is flapping on over to the Switch

Have seen a lot of love for this on the PC, nice

LOL... snap. :)

Cat Quest is coming soon to Switch. Looks like a great game (as long as you don't mind the cat puns) :o

I can't bring myself to type up some of these games. Yes Nine Parchments and Owlboy look good but this Cat game, is this what people spent €330 on? It's like an Indie dumping ground with devs looking for a quick buck, meanwhile there's very little if any announcements of AAA 3rd party support. Yes, there's 1st party but it needs more than that.

I have 3 retail games and about 10 indies, and I've put FAR more time into the indies.

If it's a good game, people will buy it. If it's a bad game (Vroom in the Night Sky), it will die and wither on the vine - deservedly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thehappyworm

I have this feeling we might see a reversal of the Vita's life cycle on the Switch. Where the Vita was slowly abandoned by the AAA game producers and then enthusiastically embraced by indie developers (or to use sligeach's characterization of the same phenomenon, became an "indie dumping ground"), the Switch on the other hand seems to have been adopted by indie devs right out of the gate, who've been quite vocal about their love for the console not just as developers but as gamers themselves, and that (along with BOTW and MK8DX, of course) seems to be creating a buzz that's beginning to get the AAA companies intrigued and cautiously positive about the platform.

Being sensible about it, if a steady stream of 3rd-party AAA titles is what you value as a console gamer, then a PS4 or Xbox is the only way to go. But it's fascinating how Switch, even in its somewhat rough-and-ready early state, seems to have found a solid place in the lives of early adopters. The AAA devs (and their money men) can't ignore that, can they?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

sligeach wrote: »
    tthis Cat game, is this what people spent €330 on?

Yes. I spent €330 to play "this Cat game" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

sligeach wrote: »
    I can't bring myself to type up some of these games. Yes Nine Parchments and Owlboy look good but this Cat game, is this what people spent €330 on? It's like an Indie dumping ground with devs looking for a quick buck, meanwhile there's very little if any announcements of AAA 3rd party support. Yes, there's 1st party but it needs more than that.

I bought it for the Nintendo exclusives, the indies and portability is imho a bonus.

I have PS4 Pro, Xbox One and PC for everything else.

Advertisement