Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Release date announcement? Out after the presentation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Mr E wrote: »
    I saw Brian Altano raving about Gris on Twitter. Out on December 13th. One for the wishlist....

Just so's you know, it's a fiver on the Russian shop. But een Russia, eshop game moves country to buy *you*...

Looks gorgeous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If I could thank that post 10 times, I would. Thanks Banjo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Looks a bit reminiscent of Gorogoa, as such I'll be buying it immediately.

This line from the Nintendo Life 9/10 review just sold it to me .... a very mild spoiler about a certain sequence, so I'll use spoiler tags.
    Without spoiling anything, the combination of what had just happened, the silence that followed, where we ended up and the subsequent simultaneous burst of colour and music all culminated so perfectly and
    reached such an emotional crescendo that when the sequence was over we realised our eyes were soaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

This line from the Nintendo Life 9/10 review just sold it to me .... a very mild spoiler about a certain sequence, so I'll use spoiler tags.

Be sure to read more reviews than one from them, they tend to be very generous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

NintendoLife + Reviews =
    Charlton-Heston-Crazy-laughing.gif

NintendoLife are the Famitsu of the Western world.........only worse.

Disagree. I think they are well written.

I'll always look at a cross section of reviews before making a decision, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Disagree. I think they are well written.

I'll always look at a cross section of reviews before making a decision, though.

I think the main thing needed is to bear in mind how kind and optimistic they tend to be, especially when scoring. I'd recommend anyone looked at a few reviews for games they know well that they thought were bad or mediocre and see where they fell on the Nintendo life scale for calibration purposes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Reviews, on any site, should be based on what's contained within the review rather than a final 'score'. Places like Metacritic etc aren't really that useful at all if you really want to know if you'll like a game or not, or if it contains the things someone would be looking for in the game. Nintendolife, like most console specific sites, tend to be more generous, but the review written contained within, either good or bad, should be whats taken from it, much less so an archaic numbered score.

I've often read reviews that seem half good/half bad but still get a 9 in score, and other times where it's gushing praise but only get a 7.5 or so.

• Advertisement

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Electric Thunder Tiger II Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5BHgA9Dol7E

KORG Gadget for Nintendo Switch v2 | Make music together online
    Make music together online: KORG Gadget for Nintendo Switch version 2.0 is now available - http://www.korg.com/news/2018/1214/

KORG Gadget for Nintendo Switch - which allows up to 4 people to collaborate in making music together - has received an upgrade to version 2.0. This version contains a new long-awaited feature - online multi-player compatibility!

You can now make music together with friends anywhere in the world from the comfort of your home. You can collaborate on a track together. Or arrange and show your music however you like to your collaborators. Experience a new sensory game-like style of music-making.

And please visit the special site of KORG Gadget for Nintendo Switch!
    http://gadget.korg.com/nintendo_switch/

https://youtube.com/watch?v=cF3Wd4-tvRI

KORG Gadget for Nintendo Switch
    Version 2.0 update details

New Features
    • Added online multi-player. (*)
    • Added ability to exchange data over the internet. (*)
    • Added support for touch input for velocity and automation.
    • * Use of these features requires membership in Nintendo Switch Online (purchase of subscription required)
    • * To operate new features such as internet multiplayer mode, please click here.

Changes and Fixes
    • When creating a new song, you can change settings such as “Time Limit” and “Random Gadget.”
    • With this change we have eliminated “Time Limit Mode.” When you want to play with a time limit you can start a new song and set a time limit.
    • Fix for motion knobs/feeders not working properly when in portable mode.
    • Fix for a situation where input would not be received when getting a TIME UP message in Time Limit Mode.
    • Various other bug fixes to improve the user experience.

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2018/1214/

Diablo III: Eternal Collection - On the go! (Nintendo Switch)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=CH0iXxqBLOo

This is a really good, professional ad. They really should have had this at launch.

Not sure it would have made a difference.

If I didn't know what Diablo III was, that video would have done nothing to sell me on it.

It was well made though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's a game I'll definitely buy but will be unlikely to play!
    But that's what Cidonalad is for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

sligeach wrote: »
    Diablo III: Eternal Collection - On the go! (Nintendo Switch)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=CH0iXxqBLOo

This is a really good, professional ad. They really should have had this at launch.

The ad is so unrealistic... Chaps running about with his Switch half hanging out of his backpack pocket and jumping over benches, no way anybody would be that careless about the well being of such an expensive gaming instrument :rolleyes::pac:

Overcooked! 2 - Kevin’s Christmas Cracker Trailer - Nintendo Switch
    It’s that glorious time of year again in the Onion Kingdom, the snow Is falling, the presents are wrapped and the fire’s crackling…Wait, no, that’s just another kitchen fire.

The kingdom has been transformed into a magical and mouth-watering wonderland, with five new Christmassy kitchens for your festive fiascos! You can expect new chefs and recipes under the tree this Christmas!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=H3LA6lglfZ8

Monica e a Guarda dos Coelhos - Switch Launch Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Iw6jDNWgNiY

Leaked NPD figures for November.
    It was a very close month.

Switch: Voltorb
    3DS: Rattata
    PS4: Koffing
    XBO: Kingler
    Other: Vulpix

YoY:
    Switch: +75%
    3DS: -39%
    PS4: -13%
    XBO: -3%
    Other: -6%

The top-selling titles (physical only) were RDR2, Black Ops 4 and Pokemon Let's go Pikachu/Eevee

https://www.resetera.com/threads/november-2018-npd-u-s-hardware-predictions-closes-tuesday-december-11th.84906/page-13#post-15962085

Which puts the monthly figures somewhere around:

PS4: ~1,478,000
    Switch: ~1,356,000
    XB1: ~1,342,000

Sales of everything year-on-year are down apart from Switch, which is up dramatically. I read there was a supply issue with the PS4(read too that it ran out of the $200 Spiderman PS4 deal bundles which Sony supplied a limited number of to protect its profits, RRP is $299) and that with these figures, lifetime sales of PS4 in the US have now surpassed the PS3. It was the first month that all 3 platforms surpassed 1 million each. Some think that Switch sales may be number one for December and speculate that it may sell as much 2.5 million for the month which would be amazing for them. The Wii during one of its Decembers sold 3.8 million by comparison.

Tales Of Vesperia For Nintendo Switch Up For Pre-Load And File-Size Is 12.8GB

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/12/15/tales-of-vesperia-for-nintendo-switch-up-for-pre-load-and-file-size-is-12-8gb/

Good to know the physical release of this game shouldn't be botched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

the reason why switch games are expensive because cartridges cost more to make then bluray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Smertrius wrote: »
    the reason why switch games are expensive because cartridges cost more to make then bluray.

Thats not the reason, just look at digital sale prices to clarify. Also at the size of the switch cartridges, they wouldnt cost alot more to a blue ray disk. And at the end of the day, it was their choice to go with that type of model.

SEGA Ages – Puyo Puyo and Puyo Puyo Tsu announced for Switch

https://nintendoeverything.com/sega-ages-puyo-puyo-and-puyo-puyo-tsu-announced-for-switch/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

SEGA Ages – Puyo Puyo and Puyo Puyo Tsu announced for Switch

https://nintendoeverything.com/sega-ages-puyo-puyo-and-puyo-puyo-tsu-announced-for-switch/

I already have two PuyoPuyo games on mine, Puyo Puyo V Tetris and the competition one, the latter from the eshop.

I assume the first is a port of the MD version of the game?

I think I have enough Puyo across my various consoles at this point!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

A little off topic but my address pal has been not accepted this weekend, i have a few Nintendo amazon bits for xmas for the god childer, i'm using the address from address pal's site. ive never had trouble before?

safetyboy wrote: »
    A little off topic but my address pal has been not accepted this weekend, i have a few Nintendo amazon bits for xmas for the god childer, i'm using the address from address pal's site. ive never had trouble before?

Did you change the address to the new one a few months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Rumours on a few websites that Crash Team Racing might be delayed on Switch. Just a rumour yet though based on some websites no longer accepting pre orders for it and cancelling existing orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Did you change the address to the new one a few months ago?
    /

whats the new address mr sligo as i'm using the one from anpost site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

safetyboy wrote: »

When you say not accepted, did you get the 'we don't post to delivery services or po box' etc etc email? Or it wasn't accepted for another reason?

The address on the Addresspal site is the new updated one.

• Advertisement

Advertisement