Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sligeach wrote:
    Maybe the Switch will get a port of Persona 5, I'll believe it when I see it.

Looking likely it could end up on Switch & I'm gonna say Xbox too. Won't be double dipping anyway as I just didn't enjoy playing P4 Golden on a Vita as much as I would have on a home console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

How (the Hell) Can You Play all your PS4 Games on Nintendo Switch?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=plrCH4rsQW4

HACKERS ARE MAKING SOME AMAZING HOME THEMES FOR NINTENDO SWITCH

https://nintendosoup.com/hackers-are-making-some-amazing-home-themes-for-nintendo-switch/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gain Ground is out on the Japanese eshop, picked it up out of curiosity.... Possibly a waste of money as it's cack.
    I'm eagerly awaiting Virtua Racing at this point....

Assassin's Creed Remasters Coming To The Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sImCMJGvhYc

It's from Doctre81, who has been right before and it's games that we've previously heard are rumoured to be coming to the Switch. Namely Assassin's Creed 3 and Liberation Remastered. I think it won't be limited to just those two. There's IV, Rogue, Unity and possibly Syndicate.

UK Police Arrest Man Over ‘Nintendo Switch’ Modding, Warn Game Pirates

https://torrentfreak.com/uk-police-arrest-man-over-nintendo-switch-modding-warn-game-pirates-191229/

EDGE’s favourite games and products of 2018:
    PS GOTY:

1. Tetris Effect

2. Astro Bot

3. God of War

Xbox GOTY:

1. Forza Horizon 4

2. Sea of Thieves

3. Game Pass

Nintendo GOTY:

1. Super Smash Bros Ultimate

2. Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion

3. Octopath Traveller

PC GOTY:

1. Return of the Obra Dinn

2. Pillars of Eternity II

3. Subnautica

VR GOTY:

1. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission

2. Tetris Effect

3. Persistence

Best Visual Design:

1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Return of the Obra Dinn

3. Chuchel

Best Audio Design:

1. Tetris Effect

2. Return of the Obra Dinn

3. Red Dead Redemption 2

Best Storytelling:

1. Return of the Obra Dinn

2. Red Dead Redemption 2

3. The Banner Saga 3

Best Hadrware:

1. PSVR

2. Xbox Adaptive Controller

3. Nintendo Labo

Best Living Game:

1. Fortnite

2. Destiny 2

3. Overwatch

Best Publisher:

1. SIE

2. Nintendo

3. Enhance Games

Best Studio

1. Epic Games

2. Rockstar

3. SIE Japan Studio

Overall GOTY:

1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Tetris Effect

3. Return of the Obra Dinn

4. into The Breach

5. Astro Bot

6. Hollow Knight

7. Monster Hunter World

8. Smash Bros Ultimate

9. Pillars of Eternity II: Deadline

10. The Banner Saga 3

https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/308647-edge-328-kingdom-hearts-iii/

sligeach wrote: »
    EDGE’s favourite games and products of 2018:
    Xbox GOTY:

1. Forza Horizon 4

2. Sea of Thieves

3. Game Pass

tenor.gif

How is a service a game?? Especially when your first and second choice are on it....

I've probably finished less than 10 new games this year and even under that restraint RDR2 ain't the best of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Straying off-topic but I was deeply disappointed by Red Dead Redemption 2. Played it for 40-odd hours and just go so bored with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

ERG89 wrote: »
    tenor.gif

How is a service a game?? Especially when your first and second choice are on it....

I've probably finished less than 10 new games this year and even under that restraint RDR2 ain't the best of them.

It says product so I guess that's how they count it.

I've finished more than 10 this year but none from this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ERG89 wrote: »
    tenor.gif

It's a list of favourite games and products.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It's a list of favourite games and products.

GOTY = Game of the Year, has nothing to do with products.
    Forza and Sea of Thieves are included since day one on Gamepass too at no additional cost so why put it 3rd.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Astrobot is well deserving of its accolades, and the PSVR was widely felt to be another false dawn for new tech, then had some cracking releases over the year.
    A Switch and a PS4 with the VR headset is a great combo, a gaming PC too if you can afford it.
    Forza Horizon 4 is just stupid good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Well... its not like Xbox had anything better to put in its place anyway :confused::pac:

More rumours about Persona 5 on Switch. The leaker goes by the nickname MysticDistance, has been verified by mods on resetERA forums and says that:
    1. P5R will be announced after the "Dark Sun..." OVA.
    2. P5R is P5 for Switch.
    3. Switch exclusivity is likely from my interactions, but not solidly confirmed as the above are. It could very well be Switch/PS4. All I know for a fact is that it is a Switch title.
    4. The release window I was given does not suggest a release early on in 2019. I won't post it in the off-chance that it was subject to change, something I wouldn't be able to verify at this moment sadly.

Plus,
    "Also, it's coming worldwide in 2019. Info I was given suggests a relatively quick turnaround compared to prior Atlus titles, something that Atlus themselves claimed they were working on doing with future titles earlier this year."

https://www.resetera.com/threads/possible-‘persona-5-r’-announcement-imminent-official-domain-updated.89393/page-50#post-16390326

A worldwide release should be relatively easy given that most in not all of the localisation is done, dependent on whether they add anything to this version. It's all rumour at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Well the Persona reveal was an announcement of an announcement later in March next year, PS4 logo only shown and no mention of the Switch.

P5R Notice

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HhwJgwXBxIc

Persona 5R has been announced by Atlus. No mention of Switch, just a PlayStation logo at the start. Maybe a Switch announcement will come at a later date. It seems that it'll release in Japan at least in March of next year.

Frostbite Engine Now Supported On Nintendo Switch???

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Dp_xJqS5evY

• Advertisement

EXCLUSIVE: Super Lucky's Tale is Coming to Nintendo Switch!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=laqSivIrsWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hope it opens the door for Cuphead!

Mr E wrote: »
    Hope it opens the door for Cuphead!

If you thought Banjo was under pressure from Dark Souls, just wait until he tries Cuphead!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

'EVERYTHING'
    by Irish film maker and artist David OReilly.
    Released on eShop on Thurs 10th Jan. Currently €12.99 €10.39

Really looking forward to it personally.
    I've enjoyed pretty much all of OReilly's work up to now.
    Appears to be a more of meditative, philosophical art piece than a game with a specific point or goal though.
    Might be worth checking out if you've any interest in introspective games, or Eastern philosophy seeing as it's narrated by the British philosopher Alan Watts, whose works I'd also highly recommend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It looks interesting (and from the last frame, it won lots of awards).
    The tumbling animals look a bit stupid though. :o

I've already pre-ordered, after the PS4 release in 2017 I should have bought it, but it slipped through the gaps, so the Switch version seemed like a must have.
    I never knew that it was made by an Irishman, not that it matters, but it's always nice to support our own.

Analysts Predict Nintendo’s Plans For 2019

Nintendo specific information at the link below:

https://mynintendonews.com/2019/01/02/analysts-predict-nintendos-plans-for-2019/

Original source and a wider prediction of the gaming industry in general for 2019 is this link:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-01-02-what-lies-ahead-analysts-make-2019-predictions

Happy New Year Switchers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Anyone played Black Bird? Art style seems interesting and its on sale this week.

Advertisement