Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

pcadhain wrote: »
    Yes. I spent €330 to play "this Cat game" :rolleyes:

You know what I mean, games like this. I said besides having 1st party games, the vast majority of the games out or coming out are Indie. That cat game was not received well when announced on various sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I personally paid €330 to be playing Zelda, Mario Kart, Arms, Disgaea 5, Splatoon 2, FIFA, Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario Odyssey along with quite a few of the high quality indies like Fast RMX, Binding of Isaaac, Rime, Owlboy etc etc, along with anything that may get announced at E3. All in the first 9 months after launch, the quality in that short space of time is fantastic imo.

I tend to veer away from giving publicity to these lesser games but just to make a point, along comes this. And no it's surprisingly not a AAA 3rd party game.

De Mambo - Nintendo Switch Announcement Trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-IBbD93TKI

How is it making a point? It's an indie game release on the Switch. How many AAA 3rd Party games do you think get released on systems generally? Of course Nintendo are short of them for now but it's a bizarre point to make. Also De Mambo was announced over 2 months ago.

Between this, the 'Destiny isn't coming to Switch' and countless other little potshots it just seems like ****posting on the Switch just for the sake of it, all while looking in from the outside. It's a little bit sad to see if I'm honest.

Corholio wrote: »
    How is it making a point? It's an indie game release on the Switch. How many AAA 3rd Party games do you think get released on systems generally? Of course Nintendo are short of them for now but it's a bizarre point to make. Also De Mambo was announced over 2 months ago.

Between this, the 'Destiny isn't coming to Switch' and countless other little potshots it just seems like **** posting on the Switch just for the sake of it, all while looking in from the outside. It's a little bit sad to see if I'm honest.

I think I'm just going to ignore your comments from now on because you just seem to latch onto the negative while ignoring the positive. Nintendo aren't just short of AAA 3rd Party games "for now", they have been for a long time because of their business decisions.

So all the Nintendo websites reporting the Destiny 2 story are taking potshots and **** posting as well as you put it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

sligeach wrote: »
    I think I'm just going to ignore your comments from now on because you just seem to latch onto the negative while ignoring the positive.

For you, of all people, to be saying that is hilarious to me. Thanks for reminding me there's an ignore list. Good luck.

I think I'm just going to ignore your comments from now on because you just seem to latch onto the negative while ignoring the positive. Nintendo aren't just short of AAA 3rd Party games "for now", they have been for a long time because of their business decisions.

So all the Nintendo websites reporting the Destiny 2 story are taking potshots and **** posting as well as you put it?

Ignore the positives? What positives have you had of the Switch? Posting 'articles' doesn't count as I could post negative articles but have the entirely opposite view. Of course they are short of 3rd Party AAA, repeating gazilions of times doesn't send a message to Nintendo nor does it improve the well known point.

Destiny has never, ever been even hinted at to be on Switch. If it's a surprise to anyone, even beyond the 3rd party reasons, then they create their own disappointment. You don't like the Switch, we definitely get that. You're hardly gonna be surprised to have your (overwhelmingly negative) points challenged, especially in threads that serve a different purpose to the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I view my switch as a replacement to my vita I get to play games that are great to play on a bus. Also nearly everyone talks about it the min I am playing it going behind me is that Mario kart ?. What console is that ?. Is that a switch?. It looks so good.

It's a 6.2 inch screen hand held games console that can play fantasic looking games. I don't won't to play destiny on it at all as who would won't the useless grinding game anyway?.

I say the switch will be able to run the bordwelands remaster set now that is a game j would buy for the 5th time ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'd put money that call of duty will end up on the switch this year, it just won't be the main team that does it. I saw on google Beenox was rumoured to be doing it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Debate the post my friends, not the poster.

There is, currently, a lack of triple A titles coming to the Switch that aren't 1st party.

Even the publishers/Devs that supported in the past have become pretty quiet, so think Ubisoft.
    It may be a symptom of releasing a console at the time of year they did, making the E3 as an announcement platform too tempting.

Add to this the suggestion that many expected the Switch to fail, and instead it is making waves and sales in equal measure. This could alter the plans of the 3rd parties to bring titles to the platform but, due to the late start, mean we won't see them before Christmas 17.

I did buy World of Goo, but the game is very old at this point.
    I bought a physical copy of Binding of Isaac Afterbirth but I acknowledge it's much the same game as the one I own for my PS3 and Vita, which I only bought once, at half the price the Switch version cost.

But the Switch is still a worthy investment, for me.
    Sligeach, right now, the console hasn't presented good value for you, and that's cool.
    For the vast amount of people yet to buy a Switch the time is also not yet right to pull the trigger, and they can't all be fools.

No, we define value in different ways, and we spend accordingly.

And being different in this way doesn't make one position have to deride the other, it actually gives a gateway to those yet to buy a Switch, a window to see how others like themselves are getting on so far, without the vested interests of YouTube personalities or corporate sponsors getting in the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

second pokemon in announced for it ill throw my hard earned cash down

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'd say yes, yes they are. Because it generates traffic and traffic keeps the lights on. If you are the one site that stays out of the gutter and only reports on what's worth reporting, you and your curated content site are going down. People want grime, they want misery, they want scandal. And even those that don't still want to be in the know, thats why they went to the site in the first place. And if you won't give it to em they'll find someone who will.

P.s. This is an attack on news culture generally, not Sligeach. If I were going to get personal is have mentioned that hideous gravy-stained shirt...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'll buy Fifa and Skyrim when they're released but not Call of Duty never that, hate the franchise mario kart is amazing, worth a week of imagination dinners. Me still love cookies as they're all I've got.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I've said before on this forum, I don't buy a Nintendo console for Triple A third party games, but I'd like them if we got them.

After all, I play my Switch a lot more than my PS4, its a lovely console thats a pleasure to use and play. I'd rather play my third party stuff on Switch than PS4 really, unless there was a deal breaking difference in quality.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think the possibilities of multiple Switch consoles, running Call of Duty, around a table, hosting a player on each and each linked via wireless LAN, that could be a massive seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I'll give COD an interesting glance this year. Those M1 Garands are always a thing of beauty to use.

The thoughts of a WW2 COD in bed has me kind of excited.

Edit: I just mean the portability of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mighty Gunvolt Burst coming on June 15th for a tenner.

First Rime review - 9/10 in Edge.

http://nintendoeverything.com/edge-307-review-scores/

Out on Wednesday 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thehappyworm

Mr E wrote: »

Out on Wednesday 31st.

Janey. That surprised me.

The few bits I had seen of Rime, it seemed like a very polished, perfectly pleasant game. But it also seemed pretty derivative of stuff like Team Ico and That Game Company's efforts, so I wasn't expecting a "9/10 in Edge" reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Mr E wrote: »

Out on Wednesday 31st.
    For the Switch? I can't find this confirmed anywhere all I can see is Q3 2017.

• Advertisement

Irish Halo wrote: »
    For the Switch? I can't find this confirmed anywhere all I can see is Q3 2017.

It seems the Switch version is delayed somewhat.
    A pity because it looks like a must have.

And that's a cool thing if you consider it.

And developer who manages to get their product onto the market right now has a fairly empty field of other games competing for attention.

Sorry guys, didn't know it was delayed. I rely on Gamefaqs for release data, and they still say May 31st.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/switch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yeah, I was just coming on to ask that. GameFaqs says the 31st, but most news articles say it was delayed for a bit. That makes up my mind to go for Disgaea 5 instead, as I quite liked the demo.

I don't mind, I'm going to get Thumper again for the Switch, and PuyoPuyo/Tetris, not to mention Arms, so a busy enough June.
    I'd love to see Codemasters bring DIRT rally to the system, or an F1GP game, I wonder if the lack of analogue triggers will make them impossible though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Can't you bind the accelerator to the 2nd analog stick? Or would that be miserable?

OH OH OH!

In advance : You're welcome, Codemasters

You use the left Joycon either with the Stick or with motion controls for steering.
    You stick your right joycon into a proprietary Shoe-sock so you use your foot and it's accel/gyro for analog accelerator.

They could simply release a dedicated controller, or a simple clip on accessory, that would add the needed analogue response from a throttle button.
    They could make it cost effective and, because not everyone or even most games need an analogue set of triggers, it would maintain the normal function of the controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Are the Pro Controller's triggers not analogue?

It would be impossible to play a sim without them to be honest, unless you had traction control on all of the time which completely misses the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They could simply release a dedicated controller, or a simple clip on accessory, that would add the needed analogue response from a throttle button.
    They could make it cost effective and, because not everyone or even most games need an analogue set of triggers, it would maintain the normal function of the controllers.
    TBF I just assume they'll release joy cons with analogue triggers.

That would be a little too much like exploitation of the consumer.
    So, exactly what they'll do!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Disgaea 5 Complete has been leaked as coming to PC so I'll be getting that over the Switch version.

Advertisement