Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Corholio wrote: »
    Looks like Final Fantasy VII is coming to Switch.

(The original I presume)

Ya, it was announced way back in September of last year I think. It's not the Remake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Yup, was announced a good while back. Along with FF9, 10 and 12.

Ya, for some reason I had it in my mind that was the one that wasn't announced, when it was 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Is there any news on those few old Resi games getting release dates?

All this Resi 2 talk is making me want to go back to the start, but I'll wait if they're coming out any time soon-ish.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Is there any news on those few old Resi games getting release dates?

All this Resi 2 talk is making me want to go back to the start, but I'll wait if they're coming out any time soon-ish.

Nothing since confirmation of RE0 RE1 and RE4 in October of last year.

I'd suspect Capcom will give it some space considering the release of RE2 Remakes only last week.

I'd take a guess and say end of spring / start of summer timeframe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Corholio wrote: »
    Ya, for some reason I had it in my mind that was the one that wasn't announced, when it was 11.

11 was online only, so that was never going to come out. The one that didn't make the cut was VIII.

X and XII are due in April. I don't think we have firm dates for VII, IX yet.

• Advertisement

STRIKEY SISTERS - Nintendo Switch Official Trailer - DYA GAMES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqCjkB5hjjQ

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PlayStation 4 Narrowly Edges Out Nintendo Switch as Top-Selling Console of 2018

https://wccftech.com/playstaion-4-top-seller-2019-switch/

It was really close, 17.7 million(94.2 million LTD) sales of PS4 versus 17.4 million(32.3 million LTD) for Switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Unruly heroes

Looks like a winner and made by some of the people who made Rayman origins ...
    http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/switch-eshop/unruly_heroes

Definitely going to give this a spin :)

Crash™ Team Racing Nitro-Fueled for Switch is releasing on 21st June, the same date as the other platforms and here are the first Switch screenshots.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Crash-Team-Racing-Nitro-Fueled-1494955.html#Overview
    NSwitch_CrashTeamRacingNitroFueled_01.jpg

NSwitch_CrashTeamRacingNitroFueled_02.jpg

NSwitch_CrashTeamRacingNitroFueled_03.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Looks nice, but my heart only wants Diddy Kong Racing!

Microsoft wants to bring Xbox Live cross-platform gaming to Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch, and more
    Microsoft has made no secrets about its cross-platform ambitions, and it's about to turn up the heat.

https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-wants-bring-xbox-live-cross-platform-gaming-android-ios-nintendo-switch-and-more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That would be very interesting! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Microsoft IP on the Switch....

Diddy Kong Racing HD Remaster confirmed!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Microsoft IP on the Switch....

Diddy Kong Racing HD Remaster confirmed!!!!!

Two games that I'd love to see are Ori and the Blind Forrest and Cuphead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Cuphead could be dangerous in handheld mode.

q1U0seL.png

Nintendo's recent success highlights a critical risk to the gaming giant's business

https://www.businessinsider.com/nintendo-reliance-on-first-party-games-huge-risk-to-business-2019-2

Some interesting stats, none more so than that 85% of software sales on Switch have been games made by Nintendo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

sligeach wrote: »
    Nintendo's recent success highlights a critical risk to the gaming giant's business

https://www.businessinsider.com/nintendo-reliance-on-first-party-games-huge-risk-to-business-2019-2

Some interesting stats, none more so than that 85% of software sales on Switch have been games made by Nintendo.

That seemed very high, until I see the stats came from Nintendo themselves. It puts an awful lot of pressure on Nintendo, and while we're (generally speaking) getting fairly decent third party support, that won't last long (outside indies) if they are all competing for a 15% share.

I think as with Steam, PSN, XBox Live etc., the cream rises to the top. We hear stories every other week about how a Switch indie out-performed its PC counterpart...

An indie going for €10 or €15 has to sell 4-6 times the copies of full first party retail games to compete. Not easy when the first party stuff is so good.

Still, the 'good' indies aren't complaining - they're making sack fulls of money from the Switch.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    I think as with Steam, PSN, XBox Live etc., the cream rises to the top. We hear stories every other week about how a Switch indie out-performed its PC counterpart...

An indie going for €10 or €15 has to sell 4-6 times the copies of full first party retail games to compete. Not easy when the first party stuff is so good.

Still, the 'good' indies aren't complaining - they're making sack fulls of money from the Switch.

Indie games don't need to sell anywhere near what a AAA game does. There's a whole host of reasons why they're selling well on Switch, be it to play them in handheld mode, Nintendo fans being more nostalgic for old style games, consumers not having the major 3rd party games to buy, the eShop not being swamped like Steam, etc.

Sorry, Mr E, it's just dawned on me what you meant by "An indie going for €10 or €15 has to sell 4-6 times the copies of full first party retail games to compete." I don't know if that's true, the game's are far cheaper to make. I'd like to know what the margins are for both Indies versus the €60 games.

I counted 32 Nintendo published games(I may be wrong), including games like Octopath Traveler, Snipperclips, and counting both Bayonetta's individually. At last count around about 2 weeks ago, it was reported that there's 1,700 games on Switch. So Nintendo have less than 2% of the games on Switch but 85% of the sales. That’s some going.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Anyone surprised at a Nintendo console having first party games as a major selling point is evidently unfamiliar with Nintendo's history, and is committing a classic MBA blunder of assuming all videogame systems and companies are interchangeable. Aside from which, the failure of the Wii U seems to have prompted (forced?) Nintendo to court more third party devs than they have in ages.

That 85% figure is interestingly vague, too - is it 85% by of total unit sales, or by total spend? The average price of first party titles on the eshop seems to be at least £45 in the UK, whereas third party titles span a much broader range with much lower starting prices and better discounts.

New Peter Molyneux game could ‘absolutely’ come to Switch

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/491619-peter-molyneux-legacy-switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Indie games don't need to sell anywhere near what a AAA game does. There's a whole host of reasons why they're selling well on Switch, be it to play them in handheld mode, Nintendo fans being more nostalgic for old style games, consumers not having the major 3rd party games to buy, the eShop not being swamped like Steam, etc.

Sorry, Mr E, it's just dawned on me what you meant by "An indie going for €10 or €15 has to sell 4-6 times the copies of full first party retail games to compete." I don't know if that's true, the game's are far cheaper to make. I'd like to know what the margins are for both Indies versus the €60 games.

I counted 32 Nintendo published games(I may be wrong), including games like Octopath Traveler, Snipperclips, and counting both Bayonetta's individually. At last count around about 2 weeks ago, it was reported that there's 1,700 games on Switch. So Nintendo have less than 2% of the games on Switch but 85% of the sales. That’s some going.

I think Mr E is referring to the market share when he said the indie games would need to sell 4-6 games to compare to one AAA game. If the percentages are calculated using Revenue rather than Unit Sales then he has a valid point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mr E wrote:

Tbh it's hard for any Indie game to rise to the top for long as there is so much on the Switch eShop now it's a little embarrassing.
    sligeach wrote:
    New Peter Molyneux game could absolutely come to Switch

2008 Me is really excited about this but at this stage only Eurogamer still rate him

Bubsy: Paws on Fire! Kickstarter Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=cg3E_TEd-m0
    Bubsy is back in his greatest adventure yet! Featuring four playable characters with their own unique playstyles, new moves never before seen in a Bubsy title, and over 100 levels, Paws on Fire is a game for Bubsy lovers and haters alike!

The campaign starts February 5th at 10am PDT.

Link to the "Spicy Extras" DLC Kickstarter Campaign:

http://bit.ly/bubsykickstart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Why?

Gods Remastered coming soon to Switch (no exact date, but it has just been certified)
    I wonder how this has aged? I liked the original back in the day, but I imagine it might be a bit clunky now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Gods Remastered coming soon to Switch (no exact date, but it has just been certified)
    I wonder how this has aged? I liked the original back in the day, but I imagine it might be a bit clunky now.

The movement speed looks glacial compared to modern 2D side-scrollers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

The original was never that great in the first place, cool intro music but the gameplay was average. Think I saw it listed recently on XBL for €19.99, mad price that. Much better platformers from that era (Superfrog, Zool, James Pond etc) but they're all inferior to the likes of Mario tbh.

Advertisement