Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

SKYBOUND GAMES ANNOUNCES NEW PUBLISHING DEAL WITH BEAMDOG TO BRING BELOVED PC ROLEPLAYING GAMES TO CONSOLE FOR THE FIRST TIME
    Baldur’s Gate, Baldur’s Gate ll, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights All Coming to Console in 2019

https://www.skybound.com/games/beamdog-console-baldurs-gate-neverwinter-nights-and-more/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Kirby's extra epic yarn demo on 3ds

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/02/see_if_kirbys_extra_epic_yarn_is_for_you_with_the_free_eshop_demo

I got the Wii version recently for a few quid from CEX for my olde Wii u. Tis lovely looking. And fun. And relaxing. I know it's easy. But ... So what ! You can keep your 4k PS4 red dead redemption shoot people in the head stuff.

DIGITAL CODES IN SWITCH PHYSICAL COPIES HITS PEAK CRAZY

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM Trilogy is coming to the Switch next month, as the name suggests it contains three games – none of them will be included in the package. You’ll have to download them all.

https://www.vooks.net/digital-codes-in-switch-physical-copies-hits-peak-crazy/

While the Switch is selling great and gets a lot of praise, some of it deserved, it also gets a lot of slack. This must be among the top reasons why. It has to be the worst platform in terms of getting proper physical releases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

It's mobile nature means its better suited to Digital only releases I'd say. Handier than hauling around a box full of cartridges.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

sligeach wrote: »
    DIGITAL CODES IN SWITCH PHYSICAL COPIES HITS PEAK CRAZY

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM Trilogy is coming to the Switch next month, as the name suggests it contains three games – none of them will be included in the package. You’ll have to download them all.

https://www.vooks.net/digital-codes-in-switch-physical-copies-hits-peak-crazy/

While the Switch is selling great and gets a lot of praise, some of it deserved, it also gets a lot of slack. This must be among the top reasons why. It has to be the worst platform in terms of getting proper physical releases.

I would guess this is in response to brick & mortar retailers wanting/demanding support from Nintendo more than anything else.

Having said that, at least the Switch takes expandable storage. DL codes in a physical release box are irritating, but neither new nor a Switch-only thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭geotrig

you know this is the game news and release thread ,yeah ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭geotrig

Mr E wrote: »
    To The Moon is coming to the Switch. Absolutely wonderful game with beautiful music. No ETA yet.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/02/to_the_moon_developer_has_some_arrangements_for_a_switch_release

moon looks good ta :)

sligeach wrote: »
    NintendoDeath as ever regurgitating yesterday's news. It's not official yet but the trailer looks great. I see ND talking about Claybook in the last hour, again yesterday's news. The last place I'd go to for current news and definitely not reviews.

most childish post ive ever seen :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

geotrig wrote: »

No this is the giant headline copied and pasted on anything even vaguely Nintendo related thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Jesus Christ. When does 'news' become spam?

geotrig wrote: »

I was in a rush, I've moved them to the relevant thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Posts deleted to keep the thread on track.
    By all means, debate posts but no attacks on the poster, please.
    Person's posting deliberate inflammatory items will be infracted/warned/banned, as will those who engage in personal abuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

That's me done too, I'm out.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Ditto. When there's a protective bubble around certain posters for no logical reason, sure what's the point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Ditto. When there's a protective bubble around certain posters for no logical reason, sure what's the point?

Have to agree, not much worth reading here anymore, later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Count me as the 4th out so sick of this ****e now

To all the mods and posters thanks for the discussions over the years

To voldemort no more will you have your name spoken

If something is done ill come back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod Hat on - Yikes. What just happened? I read over the last page of posts (including deleted ones) ... twice ... and I'm none the wiser.

A user posted Nintendo industry/financial news in a games news thread. Suddenly toys are flying all over the place.

The last reported post from this forum was January 24th (yes, I checked).
    Why not report the posts in question?

@sligeach - you have to take some of the blame here, sorry. Complaining about NintendoLife is petty in the extreme (I rolled my eyes so hard at "NintendoDeath" that I nearly did myself damage). All Nintendo news sites eat at each others' tables. So what?

I've said it before that this is a great community we have here in this forum - let's keep it that way.
    Quitting the forum is the big red nuclear button option. Why not just use the Ignore option (if you must)?

Now let's get back to the games news, cheers (and don't forget report.gif).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I would like to also say, to those who might imagine that no action is taken against members of the forum who don't adhere to the rules, that the rules apply to everyone and that it is normal practice for someone who is infracted not to have this information made public.
    There seems to be an assumption that no action is ever taken, when surely it is apparent that a stern line is taken on breaches of the rules and the spirit of the rules in the Nintendo forum as a whole.
    If people still feel the need to leave that is really terrible and regulars, in particular, will be missed, but please don't leave on the idea that someone is "protected", as that is simply not the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Have to agree, not much worth reading here anymore, later!

Have to agree. I’m out too!

Multiple Switch release dates may have been accidentally leaked by a UK retailer
    Possible Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion & Daemon X Machina dates.

https://www.lootpots.com/articles/multiple-switch-release-dates-may-have-been-accidentally-leaked-by-uk-retailer-06022019/

Daemon X Machina - May 24th
    Luigi’s Mansion 3 - July 19th
    Animal Crossing - September 13th

Base are a very respectable and dependable retailer, they hardly licked those dates off the street. Though it does seem a bit early for Nintendo to have locked the dates so precisely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Can't wait for Daemon X Machina actually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I would like to also say, to those who might imagine that no action is taken against members of the forum who don't adhere to the rules, that the rules apply to everyone and that it is normal practice for someone who is infracted not to have this information made public.
    There seems to be an assumption that no action is ever taken, when surely it is apparent that a stern line is taken on breaches of the rules and the spirit of the rules in the Nintendo forum as a whole.
    If people still feel the need to leave that is really terrible and regulars, in particular, will be missed, but please don't leave on the idea that someone is "protected", as that is simply not the case.
    Ciderman i can tell you out straight and honestly being good friends with several users here that that is the general perception that indeed someone is being protected

The amount of snide remarks towards Nintendo and the switch here is laughable

Im not saying dont judge or the console but for god sakes at least own the console before making judgement or turning people potentially off buying by them asking here what the concensus is like for the switch

There is a clear attempt here to derail the forum and to annoy the general userbase by someone

I may have said im out but im replying to you one ofbthe mods out of respect

Really love this forum and it is a shame one user is going to drive so many away

I appreciate that people have strong opinions on this one.
    I think there are some that think the moderators aren't taking action when they should.
    I'd like to make clear the following.

Please everyone continue to enjoy posting, talking and debating the Nintendo scene.
    The forum is for the good of all, not just one.
    And there will be consequences for those who make this forum unpleasant.
    Just because you may not know of a warning or other intervention does not mean there wasn't one.

I enjoy not everyone's viewpoints, but everyone has the right to express them but then also has to expect a right of reply.
    And that's how it should be.

Persistent negative posting will be dealt with, as it has done before.

But I'd ask that a person's posts be viewed in totality, as negative posting on this forum is, generally, way down.
    And this is to be appreciated.

But I'd hope all that must be said has been said.
    I hope people will see that the mods here are aware of concerns from all sides and will continue to react, in as constructive a way possible, to make the forum an enjoyable place to spend time.

No one will be permitted to spoil this forum for others.
    But everyone has to take a beat and, instead of attacking on thread, report it and the mods can act.

Thanks.

X-Morph: Defense - Switch Pre-purchase Promo ESRB
    Unique fusion of a top down shooter and tower defense strategy. You are the invader! Use destructive weapons or lead you enemies into a maze of towers. Strategize in the build mode by carefully selecting various types of alien towers or throw yourself right into the heat of the battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-uvlrjH_BM

It's out on 21st February and it reviewed well on other platforms.

X-Morph: Defense - Nintendo Switch Announcement Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Iohqdnl8lIs

"Mythic Battles: Pantheon" Kickstarter campaign announcement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dExiw5KPj0

The campaign will start on February 17th, 2019, 6AM EST / 12PM CET. I'm interested in seeing this forthcoming trailer.

SteamWorld Quest Q&A + New Gameplay + Giveaway for Nintendo Switch | The Engine Room #33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjMCFSyE5TQ

Some nice new releases on the coming soon tab of my Switch right now

A homage to Cybernator called Gigantic Army looks very nice, and I see Modern Combat is being ported from the smart phone world to the Switch.
    I've no idea what the series I like, I imagine it's all bloom effects and low poly backgrounds and assets, but I'll give it a whirl at only €19.99.

EMILY ROGERS EXPECTS NINTENDO TO ANNOUNCE 8 NEW SWITCH TITLES THIS YEAR, 3 EXCLUSIVE TO ESHOP
    Here is the updated list of what Rogers expects to be announced this year:

"Mystery titles #1 through #4 = Launching as physical retail titles.

eShop titles #1 through #3 = Launching first on the eShop as small digital titles.

(Side note: Any of these smaller eShop digital titles could receive retail versions later in the future with new DLC. (Example: Snipperclips Plus)."

https://nintendosoup.com/emily-rogers-expects-nintendo-to-announce-8-new-switch-titles-this-year-3-exclusive-to-eshop/

Edit: A bit more:
    – Fourth Nintendo Labo kit could arrive as early as this spring (April)
    – Its name and gimmick may surprise some people
    – Bayonetta 3 isn’t Platinum’s only Switch-developed project

https://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-insight-into-nintendos-switch-announcements-lineup-for-2019/

https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2019/02/10/sunday-thoughts-2-10-19/

A lot of this isn't inside information, just predictions from Emily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With regards Labo, have they released everything that was shown in the initial reveal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Evoland Legendary Edition is out on the Switch

A fun little history lesson as well as a fun little game. Maybe more fun if you played through the various evolutions of gaming as they happened.

• Advertisement

GameStop in Germany listed Spyro Reignited Trilogy for Switch “Release Date: 16/08/2019”

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/ap3duw/gamestop_in_germany_listed_spyro_reignited/

This is highly likely to turn up on Switch at some point, it's just a question of when.

Advertisement