Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Disgaea 5 Complete has been leaked as coming to PC so I'll be getting that over the Switch version.

Why don't mind me asking ?.

As i don't see the point of getting it on a computer when you can get something that you can play anywhere in the house or haveing a coffee somewhere ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Thinking of getting Fast RMX when my switch arrives to offset the Zelda marathons. Anybody got any thoughts on the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭geotrig

yeah ,its great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Anyone know what size rime is as I've no SD card in my switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not yet known for Switch but a good point of comparison is the PS4 version. That is reported as being 4.25GB.

http://gameidealist.com/news/ps4-download-size-revealed-rime/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

As i don't see the point of getting it on a computer when you can get something that you can play anywhere in the house or haveing a coffee somewhere ?.

Laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I prefer the performance for some games, other comes to control scheme. That's me anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Thinking of getting Fast RMX when my switch arrives to offset the Zelda marathons. Anybody got any thoughts on the game?

Have it on WiiU. Got very bored, very quickly. For reference, I have never played Wipeout, loved F-Zero on the N64 and like to think I loved F-Zero on GC but if I'm honest I was terrible at it and did stop playing it after a month or two of torturing myself. Ms Arrow was never going to leave Super Arrow...

I would consider it "grand" and I had too many "Great" games in the pile on Wii U to waste on Grand. The Switch does not have that problem though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Disgaea 5 - I liked the demo, but I wouldn't say I loved it. I like the idea of the game, so is the demo an accurate representation of the gameplay, or do you need to get into the stats to really enjoy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

chrislad wrote: »
    Disgaea 5 - I liked the demo, but I wouldn't say I loved it. I like the idea of the game, so is the demo an accurate representation of the gameplay, or do you need to get into the stats to really enjoy it?

Ya it's a tough game to fully demo really. It's more enjoyable with time spent and getting more in depth with it. I'd say the demo is accurate in how it plays but doesn't show the full enjoyability of it. So good playing it anywhere you want as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Star Lord wrote: »

I wasn't going to go for this anyway, as I'm not a big fighting game person, but that's disappointing. That said though, it does seem like his biggest gripe is the price, and he's right. If it dropped to about 15, I'll consider it, but it's way overpriced at 40.

Seems like a very lazy port indeed from Capcom. Lots of other variations of Street Fighter would have been a better choice than this one. I didn't play any of the remasters released in recent generations but I still won't pick it up at that price, will come down quick enough too I would say. Will probably pick it up later on as it's still an attraction to play on the system, just not at that price point.

Garou is already there to play for that fighting itch anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

He doesn't talk about how it plays on 2 joycons / 1 Joycon / pro controller. Anyone any strong feelings on how the neo Geo fighters work with the controllers or would a real player hook up their 8bitdo and not need to ask??

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Voez 1.1 will add 18 new songs (for free) on June 1st.

http://nintendoeverything.com/voez-will-get-18-new-songs-with-upcoming-1-1-update/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Hoping I can pick up a traded in version of Street Fighter in a couple of months. Cant justify the price really...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Yea going to avoid, article points to all of the pre-release worries being there in the final version.

That said, this line bothers me:

'But what claws at my disappointment, dragging it down into angry territory, is how much Nintendo charges for all this.'

Would I be wrong in saying that Capcom are the ones charging for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

mayordenis wrote: »
    Yea going to avoid, article points to all of the pre-release worries being there in the final version.

That said, this line bothers me:

'But what claws at my disappointment, dragging it down into angry territory, is how much Nintendo charges for all this.'

Would I be wrong in saying that Capcom are the ones charging for this?

I remember hearing that Nintendo are publishing this in Europe, actually I think they're publishing it everywhere outside of Japan. I'm not stating that as fact. But as publisher, Nintendo have a large say in its price. They're both probably to blame for the price. It's greed, both companies are guilty of this practise.

Nintendo are distributing the game in the UK and Australia, but Capcom are publishing it. The burden of the price falls on them as publisher. Nintendo were rightly criticised for certain prices as publisher in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Golf Story is coming out this summer, it actually looks more interesting than the name suggests, like Mario Golf meets Harvest Moon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Corholio wrote: »
    Nintendo are distributing the game in the UK and Australia, but Capcom are publishing it. The burden of the price falls on them as publisher. Nintendo were rightly criticised for certain prices as publisher in the past.

Yeah it's 100% on Capcom but sure it's fashionable these days to be ill informed and rag on Nintendo.

I think the only time in recent memory Nintendo over charged was the complete ****fest of the super mario bros anniversary edition. Full price fora rom of all stars and to add insult to injury they used the crappy 50hz PAL version. Everything else was moaning about Nintendo games holding their value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

I don't know how others feel but I really couldn't give a f*ck about half the features in fifa. If EA make a decent football game that runs well, has good graphics, real names and a fair amount of single player options, I for one would snap it up.

Playing online in some sort of league should be a given too.

Basically once it doesn't seem like a cash grab ill buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yeah it's 100% on Capcom but sure it's fashionable these days to be ill informed and rag on Nintendo.

I think the only time in recent memory Nintendo over charged was the complete ****fest of the super mario bros anniversary edition. Full price fora rom of all stars and to add insult to injury they used the crappy 50hz PAL version. Everything else was moaning about Nintendo games holding their value.

1,2 Switch? What awards did that win? Best alternative to Chloroform? That thing is priced at €50 and is a piece of $h1t. I feel sorry for anybody that was duped into buying it. And I don't need to personally play it to arrive at that conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Yeah, just played two matches in the ARMS testpunch, nothnx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

wexdevil wrote: »
    Yeah, just played two matches in the ARMS testpunch, nothnx.jpg

really? I actually really enjoyed it. Played about 10 matches or so. Probably lost more than I won but it interests me. Definitely seems like easy to play hard to master. Played on mobile with joy cone attached and out controls fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I haven't lost a match yet, it seems too easy to continuously grab an opponent just as they're getting up. Volleyball was pretty meh, I'll try it some more for sure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    1,2 Switch? What awards did that win? Best alternative to Chloroform? That thing is priced at €50 and is a piece of $h1t. I feel sorry for anybody that was duped into buying it. And I don't need to personally play it to arrive at that conclusion.

But, you neither own the game or the system it runs on.
    In order to have such a definitive position on it you would need to be someone who invested in it.

I have both and, while I have gotten zero value from it, my son and his friends have always played it when they are over.

It is a pity that it wasn't a preinstall or a pack in, but I think the cost of manufacture of the Switch made it too much of a hit to include for free.
    Almost certainly people would have complained at the "betrayal" of Nintendo for taking up valuable storage space with it or for padding the price of the system with the cost of the software.

But, as for the point that it's a piece of dung, no, no it's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Should I be able to play Switch now or is the demo only available at specific times during the day? I'm currently getting a message saying the service isn't available.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Paleblood wrote: »
    Should I be able to play Switch now or is the demo only available at specific times during the day? I'm currently getting a message saying the service isn't available.

Specific 1 hour slots in order to stress the servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

sligeach wrote: »

I'm sure some people say the same thing about monster hunter.

Personal taste is a hard thing to account for.

Advertisement