Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The story behind Dead Cells - Motion Twin | Levels
    With no boss, equal pay and equal say, this fiercely independent studio are doing things differently. But when huge success comes so unexpectedly, how will this team of eight reach new heights without losing touch of what makes them so awesome? This is Motion Twin!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=OqD1g6ROP_0
    Motion Twin and Red Bull today released a new tell-all, no-holds-barred video showcasing an honest and raw look at the cooperative studio, including revealing the first look at coming DLC set for later this spring.

The 18-year-old studio had been previously known for casual games in a free to play market, but facing potential creative boredom and a waning market, the collective embarked on development of a hardcore game, a complete pivot away from the studio’s history. For the first time on camera, they candidly discuss the decision process and the internal pressure involved in the development of Dead Cells.

Within the 12 minute video, fans can get a look at the first iteration of Dead Cells, which started as a “really boring” multiplayer strategy game. Forging ahead with a shift away from the initial strategy design idea, the company was left with 12 months of runway before they ran out of money.

Dead Cells was released on Steam Early Access in 2017 and quickly found an audience due to its unique take on the roguelike genre and polished design. The title has since its launch earned dozens of accolades around the world from international critics and has been a stunning commercial success for Motion Twin.

Fans will be able to get the first playable hands on the game’s forthcoming DLC at PAX East next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    How's that again?

Resident Evil Revelations only got digital releases in Europe. US got a physical RE1, with a digital RE2. Looks like they're following the same pattern.

And Mega Man 11, it was a download code in a box in Europe. It got a physical release in the US and Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

As far as I'm aware the original engine for re 2 and 3 is a disaster to get running on modern machines. I know re2 all the cutscenes didn't play on my pc when I tried to get it running a few years ago.

Heard this in relation to the rumours of a 3 remake that's it's the last game in the series that's not easily ported as a lot of the code in the background is obsolete and would have to be rewritten

World Tree Marché [Nintendo Switch] Trailer (NA / PAL)
    Save the kingdom with creative cooking and new cuisine in World Tree Marché on Nintendo Switch eShop! (Trailer features Japanese gameplay, game is fully localised in English)

World Tree Marché is a warm-hearted management simulation in which you run the market of a struggling ‘world tree’ together with six chefs; you also explore each chef's story!

Your tasks include finding and buying ingredients to cook, creating recipes and then arranging them in stores. By discovering new ingredients and recipes you can bring the Marché back to its former glory; aim to earn big sales and enjoy ‘fever time’!

World Tree Marché launches globally on the Nintendo Switch eShop on 28th February, priced $11.99USD / €11,99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-nzGxI4SzA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

chrislad wrote: »
    Resident Evil Revelations only got digital releases in Europe. US got a physical RE1, with a digital RE2. Looks like they're following the same pattern.

Well, not ideal, but I'm just delighted to get those games. This is just deadly. (Not least because I'm actually on holidays that week.)

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Well, not ideal, but I'm just delighted to get those games. This is just deadly. (Not least because I'm actually on holidays that week.)

Personally, I'm fine with digital, but I can understand why people would prefer physical. I'm in Canada at the moment, and there's some amount of smaller games that have physical releases over here - some games I never even knew were released and/or should be released!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

sligeach wrote: »
    FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster | Your Story Begins

I saw this earlier and thought that I'd be grabbing both X and XII instantly as I never had a PS2. I'm playing FFIX at the moment and it's great on the handheld. FFVII is out at the end of March and I'd pay the €15 to play it for the umpteenth time.
    Took at look at the pre-order details on the Switch for X and XII and they're each listed at €49.99?! Who the f*** are Nintendo kidding? Re-releases that are close to getting a twenty year anniversary! Those price points are disgraceful. I'd think even €25 is steep.

Agreed - I have enough to get through. I bought FFXII on the PS4 for a tenner, and I didn't play that, so I'll wait for a price drop. 25 is fine for me for both X games, and perhaps 20 at a stretch for XII.

I noticed that XII is €50 on the PS4 store - the same price as FFXV! At least they've X and X-2 for €30. Crazy money all the same. I'd like to think that the price will drop quickly on the Nintendo store, but they seem quite stubborn with their pricing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Notorious wrote: »
    I saw this earlier and thought that I'd be grabbing both X and XII instantly as I never had a PS2. I'm playing FFIX at the moment and it's great on the handheld. FFVII is out at the end of March and I'd pay the €15 to play it for the umpteenth time.
    Took at look at the pre-order details on the Switch for X and XII and they're each listed at €49.99?! Who the f*** are Nintendo kidding? Re-releases that are close to getting a twenty year anniversary! Those price points are disgraceful. I'd think even €25 is steep.

I doubt the prices are Nintendo's fault unless they're publishing the games themselves. Nintendo have no control over the pricing of 3rd party games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And Mega Man 11, it was a download code in a box in Europe. It got a physical release in the US and Japan.

This reminded me to look through my Megaman collection...

I have them on the PS2, along with the X sequels in compilations.
    I've also got Megaman 2 on the NES.
    And Rockman 3,4 and 5 on the Famicom....

Think I might sell MM2, and get the missing ones from the Rockman series instead, make it all nice and consistent looking.

The GB games are pretty great too, it would be brilliant if Ninty and Capcom could see their way to re-releasing those Rockaman World games.

Notorious wrote: »

They're all at it. Going back to Resident Evil Origins Collection, it's getting a physical release in America and Japan. But even there it's a botched physical release. RE0 comes on the cartridge, the remaster of the original is a download code. And the price? ¥5,940, they're copying Nintendo with charging full price for old ports. Capcom are putting very little effort in, not even releasing it properly and charging top price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They're all at it. Going back to Resident Evil Origins Collection, it's getting a physical release in America and Japan. But even there it's a botched physical release. RE0 comes on the cartridge, the remaster of the original is a download code. And the price? ¥5,940, they're copying Nintendo with charging full price for old ports. Capcom are putting very little effort in, not even releasing it properly and charging top price.

I think the remaster of resident evil is only available as a download on every platform though isn't it :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

But, upon release at least, many of these re-releases had big money prices.
    And Japan tends to be expensive too.
    I understand that the price of Switch games seems to be an issue for some, but surely the answer is "just don't buy them" or wait until the price comes down to something you can tolerate.
    The download is always frustrating but not unique to the Switch, and an EU release tends to be fraught with localisation anyway.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I understand that the price of Switch games seems to be an issue for some, but surely the answer is "just don't buy them" or wait until the price comes down to something you can tolerate.

I generally prefer downloading my games and I've gotten used to paying the same price for the product even though it comes without a physical copy.
    I'd happily pay full price for a new release - but not for an 18 year old game that's been remastered. Any remasters I've bought have been around the €20/30 price tag when new. It's great that the games are getting a re-release, but it's disappointing that they're coming with such a ridiculous price tag.

conormario wrote: »
    Wondering why their isn't a rugby game coming out this year, since the world cup is in Japan. Maybe not enough money in it. Super smash rugby. :)

Would you settle for Cricket instead?

I think a Rugby game will happen, it's just a matter of timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/UnderTale/status/1095815689972170752?s=19

Just a reminder Deltarune is out tomorrow, it's free so worth a download, imo

Fortnite - Season 8 Trailer (Nintendo Switch)

Season 8 has arrived in Fortnite, and a monstrous volcano has appeared! Freed from the Ice King’s castle, the now-powerful Prisoner has brought fire and flame to Fortnite and its islands.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5OzewKFjnE4

Fortnite - Battle Pass Season 8 (Nintendo Switch)

A brand new Battle Pass, jam-packed with over 100 new rewards, is now available in Fortnite on Nintendo Switch!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Twz2stQI8cg

• Advertisement

Resident Evil HD, 0 and 4 on Nintendo Switch cost £30 each
    Taxing.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-28-resident-evil-hd-0-and-4-on-nintendo-switch-cost-gbp30-each

Capcom really are a bunch of slimy c**** at times. It's even worse for UK residents, they've to pay £30, while we're charged €30. They're available for far cheaper on other platforms and these are old games ffs.

Bit steep alright, might be better importing instead the physical edition.

Capcom: Anything you can do, I can do better.
    I can do anything better than you.

Nintendo: No you can't.
    Capcom: Yes, I can.
    Nintendo: No, you can't.
    Capcom: Yes, I can, Yes, I can!

D0gb3UfWsAAz9cw?format=jpg&name=small

Since 1979.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Resident Evil HD, 0 and 4 on Nintendo Switch cost £30 each
    Taxing.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-28-resident-evil-hd-0-and-4-on-nintendo-switch-cost-gbp30-each

Capcom really are a bunch of slimy c**** at times. It's even worse for UK residents, they've to pay £30, while we're charged €30. They're available for far cheaper on other platforms and these are old games ffs.

I just checked my emails from when I bought RE HD on Xbox and it cost me $20 from the Xbox US store. I think it was €20/25 at the time on the Irish Store. That was January 2015.

Capcom: Anything you can do, I can do better.
    I can do anything better than you.

Nintendo: No you can't.
    Capcom: Yes, I can, Yes, I can!

D0gb3UfWsAAz9cw?format=jpg&name=small

Since 1979.

I think you've made your point at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Persona 5 S To Release On Nintendo Switch During Fall 2019; To Be Confirmed Before End Of May

https://wccftech.com/persona-5-s-nintendo-switch-fall-2019/

https://twitter.com/JaridOhya/status/1101052357419429888

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hope we get Persona 4 too it's epic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

Hope we get Persona 4 too it's epic

I would prefer 4 to 5. I'll play 5 again on handheld though.

Yeah, no way will I be paying 90 quid for those 3 - a bundle of 50 for the lot would be my limit, and that includes the portability tax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

chrislad wrote:
    Yeah, no way will I be paying 90 quid for those 3 - a bundle of 50 for the lot would be my limit, and that includes the portability tax.

Capcom often have sales at least but 30 apiece stood out to me when someone posted this weeks deals earlier.
    The price of Resident Evil 2 made sense seeing all the work gone into it but these hd versions were essentially released between 2011 & 2016.
    To put into context you can get the RE0/1 collection for ps4 right now on Amazon for €20.
    Capcom have gotten a little praise for MH World & for RE2 And RE7 but they really need to stop taking the piss on the re-releases they keep making.

Advertisement