Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A good few of those are already available in the NES online stuff.

But I'll be buying the physical editions anyway, to compliment my NES and Famicom copies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    But I'll be buying the physical editions anyway, to compliment my NES and Famicom copies.

"All collections will be digital-exclusive " according to Konami's site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mutant: Year Zero just announced for Switch at GDC. A really good turn based strategy game. Coming June 25th.

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2019-03-20-turn-based-strategy-gem-mutant-year-zero-is-coming-to-switch?__twitter_impression=true

Damn... where did that come out of?

I mean, Nintendo licensing Zelda IP to an indie. Never thought it would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

Damn... where did that come out of?

I mean, Nintendo licensing Zelda IP to an indie. Never thought it would happen.
    i hope its aviaible on cartridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo Reveals The 10 Current Best-Selling Indie Games On Switch

Here, in no particular order, are the Switch’s current all-time best selling indie games:
    • Stardew Valley
    • Hollow Knight
    • Overcooked 2
    • Undertale
    • Dead Cells
    • Enter the Gungeon
    • Graceful Explosion Machine
    • Celeste
    • Golf Story
    • Overcooked

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-reveals-the-10-current-best-selling-indie-game-1833472265

Unravel Two - Launch Trailer (Nintendo Switch)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JOIn34q_oT8

It's probably the best release on Switch this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Have I missed the european pre-orders for Fire emblem three houses special edition? I see some on ebay, so I assume I have missed out.

Unravel 2 | Nintendo Switch vs Xbox One | Graphics Comparison Video

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Gx01JN6XRMc

I was thinking up until about 45 seconds that the XB1 version looks better, but then the Switch version looks better from there on. Actually looking back over the first 45 seconds again, the Switch version looks better overall. I was focusing on the wool of the character, but the water looks better, it's brighter, clearer. That's the theme for the whole comparison. It's more colourful on Switch, background objects are more in focus, lighting is better. They've sacrificed some detail on Switch, like less grass, rocks,etc, less realistic objects in places, but overall it looks better.

I'm really surprised and very impressed, they seem to have done an excellent job. It's the first time I think I've noticed a Switch port of a multi platform game looking better. It doesn't look just better, but considerably so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Microsoft fixing what Nontendont? :)

MICROSOFT'S "PLAYFAB PARTY" SERVICE WILL OFFER VOICE CHAT, VOICE-TO-TEXT, TEXT-TO-VOICE, AND MORE FOR SWITCH GAMES

PlayFab Party is a set of cross-platform libraries and services for easily adding multiplayer real-time networking and chat communication to your game. Party joins PlayFab Multiplayer Servers, Matchmaking, and Leaderboards as services built to enable dynamic and inclusive community experiences.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/331547-microsoft-s-playfab-party-service-will-offer-voice-chat-voice
    https://blog.playfab.com/blog/announcing-playfab-party

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    Microsoft fixing what Nontendont? :)

MICROSOFT'S "PLAYFAB PARTY" SERVICE WILL OFFER VOICE CHAT, VOICE-TO-TEXT, TEXT-TO-VOICE, AND MORE FOR SWITCH GAMES

PlayFab Party is a set of cross-platform libraries and services for easily adding multiplayer real-time networking and chat communication to your game. Party joins PlayFab Multiplayer Servers, Matchmaking, and Leaderboards as services built to enable dynamic and inclusive community experiences.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/331547-microsoft-s-playfab-party-service-will-offer-voice-chat-voice
    https://blog.playfab.com/blog/announcing-playfab-party

Hooray!
    The opportunity to have pre-teens I've never met to question my sexuality and parentage while playing MK8Dx!
    Woohoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hooray!
    The opportunity to have pre-teens I've never met to question my sexuality and parentage while playing MK8Dx!
    Woohoo!

No they all play Fortnite now so your ok :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Samurai Showdown confirmed for Switch by SNK at PAX. Coming Q4, other consoles in June.

Interestingly there was a 'leaker' a good few months back that said it would be coming to Switch with Switch 'Pro' enhancements, with the earlier report that seems to fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

This is the start of Microsoft buying Nintendo. You've heard it here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

fixxxer wrote: »
    This is the start of Microsoft buying Nintendo. You've heard it here first.

I'm pretty sure they bid for them a few years before the first Xbox was released.

Far more likely that Nintendo would enter into a partnership with Microsoft and their Xbox brand.
    Nintendo are worth a fortune, the Xbox division aren't quite so profitable.
    Certainly, looking at the behemoth that is Sony, a combined Nintendo/Xbox approach would be fearsome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The way I see it is Microsoft want to increase their footprint in Japan, what better way than via Nintendo

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster - Your Story Begins - Nintendo Switch

The stories of Tidus and Yuna begin on Nintendo Switch on April 16th, 2019. Relive the timeless and unforgettable classics FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD4dE_--Ko4

RUMOR: WALL STREET JOURNAL CLAIMS TWO SWITCH REDESIGNS ARE ON THE WAY, AND COULD LAUNCH SUMMER 2019
    This rumor just got a lot more interesting

The Wall Street Journal has up a new feature on the long-rumored redesign for the Switch, but they've added in some new details that haven't been shared anywhere else. Their information comes from 'people familiar with the matter,' as well 'as 'parts suppliers and software developers who have access to a prototype,' so take that as you will.

- Nintendo will launch two new versions of the Switch
    - the launch could happen as early as this Summer
    - one version will have enhanced features targeted at avid gamers
    - this version will still not be as powerful as PS4/XB1
    - the other version is a cheaper option for casual gamers
    - the new models are likely to be unveiled at the E3, and possibly released a few months later
    - these Switch redesigns aren’t just similar-looking new versions with a higher or lower performance
    - to cut costs for the cheaper version, Nintendo plans to eliminate some of the functions used in the original Switch console
    - cuts could include the vibration feature
    - Nintendo believes the new Switch model won’t need the vibration feature because not many games use the full benefit of it
    - Sharp Corp. is expected to provide liquid-crystal displays for the new Switch designs
    - as always, Nintendo is preparing to release new game titles from well-known franchises

https://gonintendo.com/stories/331562-rumor-wall-street-journal-claims-two-switch-redesigns-are-on-the

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-to-launch-two-new-switch-models-11553494773

Yoshi's Crafted World - Yoshi 101 (Nintendo Switch)
    Get up to speed on all the basics before Yoshi heads out on a brand new adventure in Yoshi's Crafted World, launching March 29th on Nintendo Switch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO8BTNJUTjk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

sligeach wrote: »
    RUMOR: WALL STREET JOURNAL CLAIMS TWO SWITCH REDESIGNS ARE ON THE WAY, AND COULD LAUNCH SUMMER 2019
    This rumor just got a lot more interesting

I wonder will this see a price drop in the regular Switch any time soon? Or has it ever been below €300 or so since it arrived

I've been humming and hawwing about getting one since I'll only be getting it for the Pokemon games really, if I got it I'd end up getting the likes of Mario Kart/Odyssey and ZBOTW but it's an outlay atm

D2io5uLX0AA-zF9.jpg:small

Today we're thrilled to announce Shantae 5! You're invited to join Shantae in a brand-new adventure later this year on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC... AND the newly announced Apple Arcade! Stay tuned for more details!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Streets of Rage 4 Gameplay trailer.
    Looks better than I thought it would.... the spirit of the original games is definitely there.

A bit more information on the rumoured 2 new Switch models.

Two new Nintendo Switch models inspired by 3DS' split evolution, sources say

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-03-26-two-new-nintendo-switch-similar-to-2ds-new-3ds-xl-sources-say

FAN ART: HOW THE NINTENDO SWITCH LITE COULD LOOK LIKE
    44cmDel.jpg

https://nintendosoup.com/fan-art-how-the-nintendo-switch-lite-could-look-like/

That design reminds me a bit of the PS Vita.

Edit: Looking at it, and if Nintendo go with a design that eliminates removable Joy-Cons, then surely the D pad has to make a return on the left side. The whole point of the 4 buttons instead on the left Joy-Con was for when it was unclipped from the Switch and used sideways.

Also, if they want to copy the 2DS, they should make it like the Wedge model, the non clam shell designed one. That way they can have proper sized shoulder buttons.

sligeach wrote: »
    Edit: Looking at it, and if Nintendo go with a design that eliminates removable Joy-Cons, then surely the D pad has to make a return on the left side. The whole point of the 4 buttons instead on the left Joy-Con was for when it was unclipped from the Switch and used sideways.

Good point
    Also, if they want to copy the 2DS, they should make it like the Wedge model, the non clam shell designed one. That way they can have proper sized shoulder buttons.

Nope!
    I did/do not like the 2DS design at all, reminds me of the Wii Mini cheap design tripe.
    But a well designed, single screen handheld would be fantastic, like the later PSP designs or the Vita, as mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The wedge design would allow for an N64 cart slot at the back though, so don't dismiss it out of hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Alot said for slot info adds to the Microsoft are coming debate. Time for my pills the blue one stops me from screaming. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Alot said for slot info adds to the Microsoft are coming debate. Time for my pills the blue one stops me from screaming. :)

A slot to plug your Switch in to your Xbox so you can play it through your TV? :D

I wouldn't mind a mobile play only Switch to be honest if it was cheap enough. It's only in the Dock for charging these days and it would end the disputes of who gets to play on it at the weekend :)

• Advertisement

Just stay away from the one's mother gives you, they don't do anything at all, just ask Alice

Advertisement