Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

D3I0GmnX0AAvq1T?format=jpg&name=small

https://p5s.jp

New teaser site for Persona 5 S. I think this is finally the version of Persona 5 coming to Switch. Hidden message in the source code reads:

"We will show you new Phantom Thieves that will overturn the world's cognition and perceptions. We are vigorous with voices that seek satisfaction."

Joker is supposed to be releasing as a DLC fighter in SSBU towards the end of April, so this announcement could tie in with that. Though I was reading the other day that the wording on the Joker DLC reveal trailer has changed, it no longer states the words “Approaching April.” Instead it now says “Approaching…”

We'll at least get information about Persona 5 S on Thursday 25th April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I am violently looking forward to PS5 on the Switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Maybe old hat - but just noticed that Final Fantasy X is on physical card. X-2 is a download code included in the box.

Arsebiscuits to that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Grassey wrote: »
    Maybe old hat - but just noticed that Final Fantasy X is on physical card. X-2 is a download code included in the box.

Arsebiscuits to that!

Yeah. They did the same with the Vita version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Grassey wrote: »

Arsebiscuits to that!

If you import from Japan, you get two carts - I believe play-asia has it. Me? I'm just going for my 26gb digital download and considering upgrading to a 400gb card :)

26GB?!

fixxxer wrote: »
    26GB?!

Yup, it's two games, so 13gb a piece.

chrislad wrote: »
    Yup, it's two games, so 13gb a piece.

Sorry, mis-read. Thought X-2 has 26GB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote:
    If you import from Japan, you get two carts - I believe play-asia has it. Me? I'm just going for my 26gb digital download and considering upgrading to a 400gb card

I'd a look on play Asia. Japan version says "1 cartridge" so I guess no different than here?

My 400 is already getting full. That's why I've had to revert back to boxed versions 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Corholio wrote: »

Xbox acquired Ninja Theory late last year so I wonder if it's Xbox pushing this to Switch? It's a very good game as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Persona 5 and Metroid Prime Trilogy found on Best Buys employee system. There also seems to be a mysterious page for 'Zelda A Link To The Past' on Switch. It is not 'Links Awakening' as it already has a page there.

Of course take with grain of salt for now.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1113257694436089856?s=19.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1113259510959759360?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

NES games for April are Punch out, Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels and Star Soldier.

Decent selection but still not SNES :D

I think there are only a handful of "must have" games left on the NES. I think we'll see SNES then....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Mr E wrote: »
    I think there are only a handful of "must have" games left on the NES. I think we'll see SNES then....

Ah, but that's when they start releasing the shit games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I see there are 6 new Sega Ages games coming

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/03/six_more_sega_ages_games_announced_for_nintendo_switch

Games are:
    1. Shinobi
    2. Wonder Boy in Monster Land
    3. Fantasy Zone, Puzzle & Action
    4. Inchidant-R
    5. Herzog Zwei
    6. G-LOC Air Battle

I'm usually not that interested in these but Wonder Boy in Monster Land is one of my favourite arcade games from back in the day, and this is the arcade version.
    I've never completed it (bloody guy with the lasers always kills me) so I might actually get this if it's gonna have save states etc.

Yeah I love that game too. I also love Shinobi, so I think I'll be getting both of those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Two of my favourite arcade games of all time!
    (Shadow Dancer would have been nice to have there too)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭geotrig

Don't forget Virtua racing but no sign of a date yet as far as i know :(

Silence for Nintendo Switch - Release Trailer
    Daedalic Entertainment is delighted to announce that the fan-favourite adventure game Silence is out now on Nintendo Switch!

-- About the Game --
    Can you save Silence, the grim, but also serene world between life and death? Can you help Noah find his little sister Renie in this suffering world? Can you bring her home? Explore Silence and join the siblings on their adventurous journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xmoy3xf9kw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Games are:
    1. G-LOC Air Battle

YES! Could only ever afford to play this once! Now all I need is a man-sized hamster ball to bring my switch into and a **** of hill to roll it down!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

geotrig wrote: »
    Don't forget Virtua racing but no sign of a date yet as far as i know :(

This
    Only this
    I'm frantic waiting for Virtua Racing.

With any luck, once this is done they can move onto SCUD Race and Daytona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

SCUD Race would be amazing, can't ever see it happening but I'll always hope

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

SCUD Race would be amazing, can't ever see it happening but I'll always hope

Never released outside the arcade, only a couple of secret tracks in Outrun 2 on the Xbox, afaik.

The first 3 levels in Mechstermination Force (out today).

It looks as good as I hoped, but I think this will be a 3-4 hour game at most (I have no problem with that, though).

The music is fantastic too. I'm definitely getting this. :)

Grassey wrote:
    Looks like borderland 1 remaster for PC, Xb, PS only. (BL2 & Handsome remasters also incoming, BL3 confirmed but not platforms)

So no switch announcement for BL3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

This is out today, kinda tempted by it so thought i'd share the trailer

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    NES games for April are Punch out, Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels and Star Soldier.

These games are out now. The SP game is Kid Icarus. It starts you before the final stage with the Mirror Shield, the Arrow of Light, and the Wings of Pegasus.

Advertisement