Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

fixxxer wrote: »
    Playing Joker in SSBU this morning has just made me want a port of P5 even more. Even the vanilla version without the extra character, though that would be nice. Download size would be massive though.

Pretty sure its not a huge install size on PS4, never had a patch either iirc. I don't think The Royal add on will be included to the base game on any system, P5 is very long itself and if they add to it the total playtime would likely be 100 hrs.
    Persona doesn't play anything like Smash tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Was thinking about the Japanese audio option which was a 3gb download. Wasn't the game itself around 35gb?

I finished P5 on PS4 but want to play through again. On the Switch is the only way I'd have the time to do it though.

Unless a Vita version popped up :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

sligeach wrote: »
    Beyond Enemy Lines: Covert Operations Launch Trailer

Got hyped when I saw the name as I thought it was linked to the Commandos games of old. That looks like horses**t. I've students making unity games that look better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

FINAL FANTASY X|X-2 HD REMASTER'S RETAIL RELEASE REQUIRES YOU TO INSERT THE GAME CARD TO PLAY X-2

https://gonintendo.com/stories/333663-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-s-retail-release-requires-you-to

This is a really anti-consumer practise by Square Enix.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

FINAL FANTASY X|X-2 HD REMASTER'S RETAIL RELEASE REQUIRES YOU TO INSERT THE GAME CARD TO PLAY X-2

https://gonintendo.com/stories/333663-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-s-retail-release-requires-you-to

This is a really anti-consumer practise by Square Enix.

No, because the proof you have bought the game is the card, not a purchased item on the eShop, hence why it acts as key.
    Otherwise people could buy the game, install X-2 and return the game.
    So not an anti-consumer move, rather than good business practice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No, because the proof you have bought the game is the card, not a purchased item on the eShop, hence why it acts as key.
    Otherwise people could buy the game, install X-2 and return the game.
    So not an anti-consumer move, rather than good business practice.

This wasn't the case with the PS Vita version of the game. I'd consider this to be anti-consumer, as it's a one time download code - if you could download the game from within the cartridges as a patch or something, it would be fine. The single use code that prevents sharing or resell of the game is the issue here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

chrislad wrote: »
    This wasn't the case with the PS Vita version of the game. I'd consider this to be anti-consumer, as it's a one time download code - if you could download the game from within the cartridges as a patch or something, it would be fine. The single use code that prevents sharing or resell of the game is the issue here.

On Xbox if you have disk version of a backwards compatible game you need to put the disk into the console even after you downloaded the correct game from the store.
    The disk just acts as a license key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Single use code I'd have gathered so why required the cart and a code seems overkill akin to Resident Evil on 3ds with the lack of save delete...

TitianGerm wrote: »
    On Xbox if you have disk version of a backwards compatible game you need to put the disk into the console even after you downloaded the correct game from the store.
    The disk just acts as a license key.

And again, thats fine. The disc is reusable. You can sell that, give it to a friend etc. You cannot do that with this. I would have no issue if this was a in gams download or a big patch, but making it one use only is basically killing the trade in value of the game, and considering that its on one cart in parts of Asia, its a disgraceful business decision. Genuinely shocked to see it being defended with the current implementation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, is the issue that it's a once off download or that it requires the card to access?
    You could always buy digitally, avoid the physical edition altogether.
    Or just buy it on another format.
    Or don't buy it at all.

• Advertisement

I feel like I'm in an "But why male models?" moment here

:D

Requiring the original cart makes it a really messy digital copy.
    Like the new Wolfenstein retail release apparently having no cart just being a box with a f**king digital code inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

In fairness Bayonetta 2 did something similar but didn't require the card. Bayonetta 1 was a download that i still play on my switch despite the fact that I got today of the cart ages ago.

In fairness Bayonetta 2 did something similar but didn't require the card.

Key part is requiring the cart tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Absolutely, it's lousy and would put me off buying it if I didn't already have it on the Vita.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think it's a more proprietary technology - there isn't a little SD card hiding inside a switch cartridge.

Nintendo Switch Surpasses The N64 in Lifetime Sales
    ...the Switch has surpassed 33 million units sold after it sold another 217,000 units this past week. And as you may know, officially, the Nintendo 64 peaked at 32.93 million units....

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/04/22/nintendo-switch-sales-n64/

MORTAL KOMBAT 11 SUPPORTS VOICE CHAT ON SWITCH

https://nintendosoup.com/mortal-kombat-11-supports-voice-chat-on-switch/

There's a catch though, you've to use the Nintendo Switch Online app on your smartphone.

Nintendo Switch Surpasses The N64 in Lifetime Sales

Consoles are dying Bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Shakedown Hawaii finally releases on May 7th.

https://twitter.com/RetroCR/status/1120676511508393984?s=19

• Advertisement

Doraemon: Story of Seasons - Announcement Trailer | Switch, PC
    Everyone's favorite robotic cat from the 22nd Century is coming in Doraemon Story of Seasons! See what new gadgets will help Noby be the best boy he can be!

Doraemon Story of Seasons is coming to Nintendo Switch and PC in Autumn 2019.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=oa_13oxXc5k

There'd been some doubt about whether this would get a Western release.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Launch Trailer (Nintendo Switch)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=97pDwO3zKZE

The Steamworld Quest embargo is up. It seems to be getting a solid 8/10 average.
    It's a meaty enough game too (at 16-20 hours long).

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/steamworld-quest-hand-of-gilgamech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

More guesswork,
    A Switch-Lite, by the end of June.
    Not impossible, I would have imagined a release date closer to the last quarter myself.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/rumour_cheaper_version_of_the_switch_expected_to_launch_by_the_end_of_june

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Basically the Telegraph is going to publish that story once a month until it eventually happens and then when they start their next rumour about something else inevitable, like a replacement for the Switch or a decline in physical media sales over digital relative to the SNES, or how the <insert ancient civilisation> calendar ends this year so so does civilisation as we know it!!!ZOMG1111!, anyway when they do that they can back up their credibility with "we were right about the Switch Mini!"

(I know the link isn't to the Telegraph, but google pushes the same article in that rag and the metro to me every couple of weeks when they republish it, and they're all quoting the same sources who've been bleating on about this since before last summer)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

If the price was right, a Switch lite would be a good addition to the market. I don't think that Nintendo will do the price right though.

They can't do any worse than the Xbox One SAD Edition.

Banjo wrote: »
    Basically the Telegraph is going to publish that story once a month until it eventually happens and then when they start their next rumour about something else inevitable, like a replacement for the Switch or a decline in physical media sales over digital relative to the SNES, or how the <insert ancient civilisation> calendar ends this year so so does civilisation as we know it!!!ZOMG1111!, anyway when they do that they can back up their credibility with "we were right about the Switch Mini!"

(I know the link isn't to the Telegraph, but google pushes the same article in that rag and the metro to me every couple of weeks when they republish it, and they're all quoting the same sources who've been bleating on about this since before last summer)

Don't hold back Banjo, tell us what you really think!

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »

Completely agree, sites like that are trash. I see them on a daily basis with clickbait garbage, offering nothing factual and the headlines are sensationalised. The Express are the worst culprits, never click on anything from them and not just Nintendo related. Gutter Scutter!

https://www.google.ie/search?q=nintendo+direct+express.co.uk&hl=en-IE&gbv=2&prmd=niv&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:w&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiztbqAtunhAhWRShUIHY10AJAQpwV6BAgMEBM&biw=360&bih=512

Yesterday they speculated on a Nintendo Direct? There's been no rumours that I've heard, but they phrase it like a question.

Advertisement