Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For one that's designed mainly as portable, and non detachable controllers, would they include a kickstand?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

sligeach wrote: »
    I think it will obviously be cheaper, it'll remove features like probably detachable Joy-Cons, remove the dock, possibly even the AC plug(wouldn't be the first time), remove HD Rumble, etc. But I also think it might improve some features, like a better kickstand, better control sticks and buttons, add a D pad, longer battery life, maybe access to the battery, move some of the ports, like the charging port up on top so it can charge and work in tabletop mode. You know what, they might even add a cheap camera. It could be smaller to reduce costs and improve portability.

You say all of this like it's fact, but none of us know what Nintendo are planning. The Switch is selling well at ita current price so it seems far from a given that it'll be cheaper, that's not often been the Nintendo way. Which then means guessing what features stay, get added or removed is even harder - at least if you say "has to be cheaper" you can look at the current model's BoM and identify possible savings.

Then again, I find this kind of speculation the least interesting part of videogame chat so what do I know? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Fysh wrote: »
    Then again, I find this kind of speculation the least interesting part of videogame chat so what do I know? :)

Are you asking us to speculate about you not liking speculating?
    Is that going to break time in both directions, forwards and backwards?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Are you asking us to speculate about you not liking speculating?
    Is that going to break time in both directions, forwards and backwards?

It'll also break it in a twirling direction if you're not careful :P :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fysh wrote: »
    You say all of this like it's fact, but none of us know what Nintendo are planning. The Switch is selling well at ita current price so it seems far from a given that it'll be cheaper, that's not often been the Nintendo way. Which then means guessing what features stay, get added or removed is even harder - at least if you say "has to be cheaper" you can look at the current model's BoM and identify possible savings.

If you look at a breakdown of Switch owner demographics - which I haven't, but I'm drunk so I'm allowed to make sweeping generalisations - you'll see that there is a big tween-shaped hole in the numbers. Shave €100 off the price and that won't be a problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Banjo wrote:
    If you look at a breakdown of Switch owner demographics - which I haven't, but I'm drunk so I'm allowed to make sweeping generalisations - you'll see that there is a big tween-shaped hole in the numbers. Shave €100 off the price and that won't be a problem

To hell with generation wuss. They don't deseevre Ninty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

Picked one up in smyths today. Happy gaming!

Picked one up in smyths today. Happy gaming!

What games did you get/are you planning to get to start off with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

Super Mario Bros Deluxe and Mario Kart. Can you tell I'm a Mario fan ��

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Super Mario Bros Deluxe and Mario Kart. Can you tell I'm a Mario fan ��

Well pick up odyssey asap then ;)

• Advertisement

Starlink: Battle for Atlas update to v 1.04 was up this morning, though it requires firmware 8.01 before it'll download and install. Took about 45 mins to download and install for me, though I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

edit: According to patch notes the Switch update is just shy of 9GB.

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭ogsjw

So it turns out Mario Maker 2 is getting a Limited Edition Steelbook, that comes with 12 months of online. Anyone know if either Smyth's or GameStop will be carrying it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

ogsjw wrote: »
    So it turns out Mario Maker 2 is getting a Limited Edition Steelbook, that comes with 12 months of online. Anyone know if either Smyth's or GameStop will be carrying it?

Smyths have it for €65.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-nintendo/coming-soon-nintendo-switch/super-mario-maker-2-limited-edition/p/176876

But I seen it the other day for pre-order on HotUKDeals for £48, which is less than €56, then add a few Euro for delivery.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/super-mario-maker-2-12-months-nintendo-subscription-switch-4795-preorder-delivered-at-the-game-collection-3222120

TheGameCollection are the retailer.

Looks like that is getting some keyring instead of the steelbook? Maybe the steelbook is UK only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Did I hear tight Persona Switch is a Dynasty Warriors game?

Did I hear right Persona Switch is a Dynasty Warriors game?

Yep. :|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

:( wow that's a waste of that licence. Hopefully we get a switch port of Persona 4 Golden it's such a good game on Vita.

I really like the art direction changes in the Switch version. Might pick it up on sale, never played it before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I dunno if it would feel right playing Virtua racer without the big cabinet to sit in.

#stillorganleisureplex4lyfe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

fixxxer wrote: »
    I dunno if it would feel right playing Virtua racer without the big cabinet to sit in.

#stillorganleisureplex4lyfe

Would be an interesting exercise in VR if they combined the Switch release of this with the Labo VR Kit.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Release Date Announce

https://youtube.com/watch?v=H9L_SSs9wig

That was hilarious. Massive improvements since the old "poop" version.

Blades of Time (Nintendo Switch) Announcement Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=st89Ri1WrZw

This was on PC I think 7 years ago. Looks decent, a bit janky and rough though. Reminds me of games like Prince of Persia and Darksiders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

sligeach wrote: »
    Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Release Date Announce

That was hilarious. Massive improvements since the old "poop" version.

That's a brilliant trailer. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just watched that earlier today, crap it's not available on our e-shop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Just watched that earlier today, crap it's not available on our e-shop.

Set up a japanese paypal account, and it's no problem buying games from the Japanese Eshop.
    That's why I have it on my Switch, and it's excellent!

Set up a japanese paypal account, and it's no problem buying games from the Japanese Eshop.
    That's why I have it on my Switch, and it's excellent!

Nice one thanks. It was surprisingly painless setting up a JPN Nintendo account, just purchased e-shop credit from play-asia using my normal Paypal account. Have Virtua Racing now. :cool:

Nice one thanks. It was surprisingly painless setting up a JPN Nintendo account, just purchased e-shop credit from play-asia using my normal Paypal account. Have Virtua Racing now. :cool:

I set up the Japanese Paypal with a Tokyo postcode, as far as I recall, and the rest was easy.
    I already had eshop access to that region, and linking the Paypal was just a matter of following an online tutorial.
    Now I can pick up what I want, although it is typically more expensive than our own.
    Oddly, the likes of Cuphead was cheaper, I wonder if it's an effort to get a Microsoft/Xbox IP into Japanese homes?
    Virtua Racing was incredibly cheap too, I will buy a physical copy if Sega gives me the opportunity!

I set up the Japanese Paypal with a Tokyo postcode, as far as I recall, and the rest was easy.
    I already had eshop access to that region, and linking the Paypal was just a matter of following an online tutorial.
    Now I can pick up what I want, although it is typically more expensive than our own.
    Oddly, the likes of Cuphead was cheaper, I wonder if it's an effort to get a Microsoft/Xbox IP into Japanese homes?
    Virtua Racing was incredibly cheap too, I will buy a physical copy if Sega gives me the opportunity!

Anything else worth getting from the JPN store do you know?

• Advertisement

Anything else worth getting from the JPN store do you know?

Not sure, but the arcade classic stuff seems to appear there for the same prices but earlier, by a couple of weeks.

Advertisement