Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

SUPER MARIO MAKER 2 IS CURRENTLY THE LARGEST MARIO MAKER GAME BY FILE SIZE
    ...According to the listing, Super Mario Maker 2 will require at least 3.5GB of space on Nintendo Switch. This makes it the largest Super Mario Maker game by file size to date. Super Mario Maker 2 would be at least 1.5 times larger than Wii U’s Super Mario Maker (1.4GB) and almost 7 times larger than Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS (512MB)...

https://nintendosoup.com/super-mario-maker-2-is-currently-the-largest-mario-maker-game-by-file-size/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Wait, the original as in PS2 version? Man, I tried to replay that a while back and it has not aged well. That nonsensical on-rails stuff towards the very end nearly had me lobbing a controller at the telly.

They're not seriously porting that over anything more recent, are they?

Biomutant also leaked on EB Games as coming to Switch, in 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Corholio wrote: »

I've started this on the PC, Ps4 and Xbox One. Maybe fourth times the charm?

On a side note, Darksiders is about 15 on the JPN store.

Switch 'Boost Mode' Analysis: Is Nintendo Overclocking Switch Hardware?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNqLJE4Z1MI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Japanese trailer for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
    Some new footage...

Tetris 99 Big Block DLC out now for a tenner. It's a batch of new modes (with more to be added). I think I'll wait to see what other modes are added first.....

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/tetris-99-switch/

Big Block DLC
    Released May 09, 2019

DLC details
    $9.99
    Get additional modes for Tetris® 99 as they are released with the one-time purchase of this DLC.* Game modes included are:

CPU Battle – Play Tetris 99 offline against 98 CPU players
    Marathon – Challenge yourself in this offline mode to clear the most lines and score big

More information on upcoming game modes to follow at a later date.

* Download the Tetris® 99 software for free on Nintendo eShop to play the paid Big Block DLC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you buy the DLC can you play 99 offline as Tetris uh... 1 without buying the online sub? (I realise it says you can play offline, but.. actually you know what that probably answers my question as well as it can be answered ahead of the software's release... never mind me!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

Mortal Kombat 11 will cost you 100€, How i getting this , i brought the game and there is 16GB dlc for it before you play it and now i need a other micro sd card to play it. I already paid 80 for the game means i need 20€ for extra for micro sd card, before i start playing the game and more dlc on the way not free. Now i feel like giving it back because i have pay 20€ for extra for micro sd card and i didn't suppect this to happen. 100€ or more is lot money switch game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Smertrius wrote: »
    Mortal Kombat 11 will cost you 100€, How i getting this , i brought the game and there is 16GB dlc for it before you play it and now i need a other micro sd card to play it. I already paid 80 for the game means i need 20€ for extra for micro sd card, before i start playing the game and more dlc on the way not free. Now i feel like giving it back because i have pay 20€ for extra for micro sd card and i didn't suppect this to happen. 100€ or more is lot money switch game

Paying 80 euro for a download of MK11 is absolutely mental :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Smertrius wrote: »

tbh its your own fault for blindly paying that much for the game without shopping around, You can get MK11 on the switch for €50 in smyths.

Going retail over digital is usually the better option also as the game runs from the cartridge saving you a lot of HD space. But with MK11 on the switch, from what ive read, for performance reasons, the game needs to run off the hard drive.

But having a switch, you should really be buying an SD card anyway, so splash out on a big one, at least 128GB so **** like this doesnt become a major issue :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Amazon have 128gb Sandisk SD for £15. However it doesn't always ship to Ireland.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B073JYC4XM/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

Also MK10 was by many accounts an exercise in milking it's fanbase like a many nippled cat via dlc. But it sold by the bucketload. It's too late to complain, unfortunately - they know the model will work so they'll abuse it. Future generations will have to pay extra for the 2 or else play MK1-.

Some news next week on Bayonetta 3 it looks like, according to Kamiya responding to a question on Twitter.

https://nintendosoup.com/hideki-kamiya-hints-bayonetta-3-news-coming-next-week/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Edit: Apparently not, just one of Kamiya's jokes :P

The NES games for the month are now online.

Clu Clu Land, Donkey Kong Jr., and VS. Excitebike have been added. There’s also a new SP version of Star Soldier (starting on Stage 8).

https://nintendoeverything.com/nes-nintendo-switch-online-update-out-now-version-2-5-0-new-games-and-sp-version-live/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

all these years I've been pronouncing it Ex-cit-Eh_bike

Nintendo Switch passes the sales of PS4 in Japan

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-switch-passes-the-sales-of-ps4-in-japan.117086/

It may have happened last week but we didn't get hardware numbers because of the holidays.

PS4: 8,077,756 (272 weeks)
    Switch: 8,125,637 (114 weeks)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    Nintendo Switch passes the sales of PS4 in Japan

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-switch-passes-the-sales-of-ps4-in-japan.117086/

It may have happened last week but we didn't get hardware numbers because of the holidays.

PS4: 8,077,756 (272 weeks)
    Switch: 8,125,637 (114 weeks)

In less than half of the time as well. Very impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Sandisk micro sdxc 400GB is £56.29 on Amazon, it's usually £85.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074RNRM2B/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Advertisement

Jesus, watch this video and get hyped. If this was deliberate (and it actually happens) then bravo Nintendo. Very well played. :)

Roll on E3.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

"Mystery deepens" my hole - I lasted two minutes of that waffley guff and skimmed the rest of it. Seriously, it took that guy over 8 minutes to say "The timestamp matches the date they're doing a conference at E3" (unless I missed something). I mean, it's not quite "HL3 Confirmed", but it's not not "HL3 Confirmed"...

'Course, I'm just some buzzkill who isn't sure he'd enjoy the level-making aspect of SMM2 enough to be interested in it, so make of that what you will :)

Yeah the switchforce guys can make any little bit of commentary last 10 minutes. They're very good at that. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

least there not as bad as the Commonwealth lads.... Ome of them is beyond annoying and come off as Fanboys and bias ... had to turn off YT notifications for them... they waffle lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

kevin2me wrote: »
    least there not as bad as the Commonwealth lads.... Ome of them is beyond annoying and come off as Fanboys and bias ... had to turn off YT notifications for them... they waffle lol

"Hellllllllo lovely peeee pol, it's Alex here from Nintendo Life..." - can't stand the way he says that. The rest of his videos are mostly tolerable though. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did someone say "Half Life 3" confirmed? To the Half Life 3 thread!

DC Universe Online is Coming to the Nintendo Switch
    Originally launched in 2011 on PC and the PlayStation 3, and later updated for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, the game has been steadily expanding for almost a decade, becoming a truly massive MMO. Now, a new generation of players will get the chance to play the game on an entirely different platform, as Daybreak Games brings DC Universe Online to the Nintendo Switch.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=DRrRX3-AmG4
    DC Universe Online is a Free-to-Play, massive multiplayer online action game set in the popular DC Comics universe. Become one of a new breed of Heroes or Villains and wield incredible powers as you go to war with legendary characters such as Batman, Superman, Lex Luthor and The Joker.

Key Features
    • Fast-paced action combat where you control every blow your character strikes.
    • Choose your side – Hero or Villain – and customize your character on its path to becoming a legend in the DC Universe.
    • Fight alongside and against your favorite DC characters including Batman, The Joker, Superman, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn and many more.
    • Embark on story-driven adventures penned by famous DC Comics writers including Geoff Johns and Marv Wolfman.
    • Explore the DC Universe; walk the darkened streets of Gotham City, investigate the mysteries of the futuristic cityscape of Metropolis, and travel to legendary locations such as Arkham Asylum and the Watchtower.

The Switch version of DC Universe Online will include "small element changes," but specifics on those changes are yet-to-be revealed. This Switch version will not include cross-play with other versions.

CBR conducted an interview with Leah Bowers, the game's Executive Producer, to talk about bringing the game to Switch. You can check out Bowers' comments below.

"Bringing the game to the Switch was something that's very close to my heart. Nintendo was the first console I really connected with; and yet, I associated the brand with first party or platform games. But when the switch came out, it blew my mind and highlighted the possibilities that were there.

It's very important to me that all of our communities stay the same and up to speed. I didn't want the Switch to be in a book all to itself; I wanted the other communities to benefit from the improvements that we were making and vice versa."

https://gonintendo.com/stories/335970-dc-universe-online-coming-to-switch-this-summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Forgot that was still a thing. Never tried it

• Advertisement

Slay the Spire is coming to Switch on June 6th. :)

€24.99. You can easily sink over 100 hours into this. I've been really looking forward to it.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/05/slay_the_spire_brings_single-player_deck_building_to_the_switch_this_june

Advertisement