Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LazerShark

I just had a moment of excitement at the Timesplitters suggestion. Talk about a wasted youth. That Timespinner looks ok though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

RPG fans! Time to sell your left kidney and clear your schedule
    https://www.skybound.com/games/beamdog/baldurs-planescape-neverwinter-console-release
    Available for $49.99 each, these special boxed editions include:

● The Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition Pack: Celebrating the series’ 20th anniversary, the original Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and its sequel, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, return with all DLC and restored quest content, as well as the Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear expansion, featuring new original content developed by Beamdog to bridge the two games.
    ● Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition / Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition: Two must-play games and all their DLC in one package – the chilling Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, plus its expansions, and the enhanced edition of 1999’s RPG of the Year, Planescape: Torment.
    ● Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition: The 2002 Computer RPG of the Year and all its DLC deliver 10 standalone D&D-based adventures featuring co-op and online multiplayer.

It's going to be a very busy and very expensive Christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So date is just narrowed down to June

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Banjo wrote:
    It's going to be a very busy and very expensive Christmas!

I shouldn't... But I will (again)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Dauntless is coming to Switch (after PlayStation and Xbox have been finished).

https://playdauntless.com/roadmap/expanding-universe/nintendo-switch/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Grassey wrote: »
    I shouldn't... But I will (again)

I've never played any of them but I want to - if I had to pick up one, what would be recommended?

What are you in to?
    Baldurs 1 and 2 are classic old-school party RPGs.
    Icewind Dale is Baldur's Gate without the charm because you make the party so they have absolutely 0 chemistry and interplay. You don't realise how important that is till it's gone.
    Planescape on the other hand - which is the other half of that pack - has it in spades (allegedly. Never played it, to my shame).
    Neverwinter takes the party away (you have a henchman, it's not the same) and gives you spanking new 3D graphics which will look like arse if they don't get an update. The kicker here will be whether or not it comes with the Aurora Editor, which let you create your own modules and share them. Some of them were absolutely amazing - Penultima forever! - and it's kind of cool creating a character who accumulates all kinds of crazy crap in their inventory as they move from module to module. And even if they don't have aurora, the last official add on (hordes of the underdark) had a supplemental add-on that randomly generated dungeons for infinite replayability.

In conclusion :
    If you like intricate plots - Buy them all!
    If you like dungeon crawls - Buy them all!
    If you like money - Save! Buy them all on Android!
    If you like money but also regret - Buy them all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Banjo wrote: »
    What are you in to?
    Icewind Dale is Baldur's Gate without the charm because you make the party so they have absolutely 0 chemistry and interplay. You don't realise how important that is till it's gone.
    Planescape on the other hand - which is the other half of that pack - has it in spades (allegedly. Never played it, to my shame).
    Neverwinter takes the party away (you have a henchman, it's not the same) and gives you spanking new 3D graphics which will look like arse if they don't get an update. The kicker here will be whether or not it comes with the Aurora Editor, which let you create your own modules and share them. Some of them were absolutely amazing - Penultima forever! - and it's kind of cool creating a character who accumulates all kinds of crazy crap in their inventory as they move from module to module. And even if they don't have aurora, the last official add on (hordes of the underdark) had a supplemental add-on that randomly generated dungeons for infinite replayability.

In conclusion :

Jeez, playing those types of games on a mobile phone sounds like a nightmare :eek:

NES Online games for June.

Double Dragon II: The Revenge, Volleyball and City Connection.
    No word on SP releases yet.
    Out on June 12th (next Wednesday).

Scraping the barrel now? Time for SNES, Nintendo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

What are you in to?

In conclusion :

I think I'll start with Baldurs Gate then assuming that I complete at least a chunk of my backlog :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

NjUeVgD.jpg?1

Looks like Luigis Mansion 3 news for certain at E3 if its playable at the show. Also, could Indie Day mean the 3rd day is focused on Indie games for Switch rather than replaying the same first party games again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Looks like The Witcher 3 for Switch could indeed be real and announced at E3. Also strongly hinted by Digital Foundry, who it seems may have already actually played it.

https://twitter.com/tomphillipsEG/status/1136619930726666241?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Corholio wrote:
    Looks like The Witcher 3 for Switch could indeed be real and announced at E3. Also strongly hinted by Digital Foundry, who it seems may have already actually played it.

I really want that to not be a lousy port like Saints Row The Third or that. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Mr E wrote: »
    The next Darksiders game, Darksiders Genesis confirmed for Switch.
    https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/06/darksiders_genesis_seemingly_leaked_for_nintendo_switch

[youte]UQ5ifGqYWTI[/youtube]

I like the new top down direction. Looks good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

ERG89 wrote: »
    I really want that to not be a lousy port like Saints Row The Third or that. :/

It's gonna be Gwent :)

I like the new top down direction. Looks good.

Diablosiders. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Looks like a cross between top-down/isometric-y platforming and twin stick shooter, not sure if I'd be bothered with that tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1136641351146254336?s=19

One of the best games at last year's E3 finally has a release date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

does anyone know if there'll be an option to turn off the gore in this. The game looks amazing stylistically, but gratuitous gore has always been a major put off for me

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    does anyone know if there'll be an option to turn off the gore in this. The game looks amazing stylistically, but gratuitous gore has always been a major put off for me

Looks like a yes:

https://twitter.com/deadtoast_com/status/1108850872283467778

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Looks like a yes:

Excellent

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair is the next game from Playtonic/Team17, and it's coming to Switch this year. It's a 2.5D platformer (not 3D like the first one).

Hope it's better than the first game. I couldn't get into that at all.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/06/yooka-laylee_and_the_impossible_lair_is_playtonics_next_game_and_its_coming_to_switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Same. Backed it on KS, wanted to love it, but just found it a bit boring tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair is the next game from Playtonic/Team17, and it's coming to Switch this year. It's a 2.5D platformer (not 3D like the first one).

Hope it's better than the first game. I couldn't get into that at all.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/06/yooka-laylee_and_the_impossible_lair_is_playtonics_next_game_and_its_coming_to_switch

I kept dozing off, had to decide if it was the diabetes or the game... I settled on the game being at fault.

As charming as the visuals are, the game controls and structure are just so obsolete.

Better to ditch the 3D hub worlds altogether and do what the recent Rayman games did and make it a simple 2D affair to get to them.

After that, just fix the damn camera, and stop making me collect tons of crap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone know the cheapest region for this? eShop checker isn't working for me for some reason.

Mexico, as usual. Mex 324 / 14.50 ish
    https://eshop-prices.com/
    €17 in most places. Rand is supposed to take a kicking this week though, might be worth looking at again closer to release. About 16.23 currently but if they take payment on release you could lose out.

Mexico, as usual. Mex 324 / 14.50 ish
    https://eshop-prices.com/
    €17 in most places. Rand is supposed to take a kicking this week though, might be worth looking at again closer to release. About 16.23 currently but if they take payment on release you could lose out.

Thanks for that. Is that including the 20% discount?

It's not including the "Banjo your faithful butler" fee, that's for sure...
    (If I knew either way I'd tell you, I'm just upset you've exposed my ignorance)
    Check the eshop itself. If the preorder is 16.99 then yes. If it's lower then probably no. Maybe?

• Advertisement

It's not including the "Banjo your faithful butler" fee, that's for sure...
    (If I knew either way I'd tell you, I'm just upset you've exposed my ignorance)
    Check the eshop itself. If the preorder is 16.99 then yes. If it's lower then probably no. Maybe?

€20 is the normal price and it's €16.99 after the 20% discount on the Irish store.

Advertisement