Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Think that includes it so - the EU price I see is the discounted one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Banjo wrote: »
    Think that includes it so - the EU price I see is the discounted one

Seems a decent price so pre-ordered anyway as I'd a good few gold points.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    It's not including the "Banjo your faithful butler" fee, that's for sure...

Know your place, peasant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Minecraft Dungeons, coming Spring next year.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1137834251724791809

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just Dance 2020 announced for Switch and Wii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Corholio wrote: »

Really the only Switch related game to come out of the Ubi conference; a little considering the close ties they have had with Nintendo the last few years (Mario & Rabbids, Star Fox in Starlink). Maybe might get Link or Zelda snuck into G&M...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Final Fantasy VIII Remastered announced for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/final-fantasy-viii-remastered-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc

FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered – Official E3 Announcement 2019 Trailer (Closed Captions)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wpx2Z2CCjPs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

sligeach wrote: »
    Final Fantasy VIII Remastered announced for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/final-fantasy-viii-remastered-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc

FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered – Official E3 Announcement 2019 Trailer (Closed Captions)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wpx2Z2CCjPs

Genuinely, very surprised. I can't read those articles in work but I hope they address the 'source files went in a hole' issue or that they just took the PC version and fiddled with the files.

Probably a day 1 purchase but who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm in the middle of XII at the moment, and I have VII, IX, X/X-2 on my backlog. Will I purchase this day one? Yes. Yes, I will.

Despite the general indifference to this one, and the mixed reviews, I think time has been kinder to this than the other two games - The music was amazing, the characters were generally quite rounded, and while the story jumped the shark a bit, it was still better than bloody crystals again! Plus gunblade pew pew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Can't play FF8. The draw magic system makes fights so long and boring. The ultimate summons take LITERALLY days and the story was bad

imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

fixxxer wrote: »
    Can't play FF8. The draw magic system makes fights so long and boring. The ultimate summons take LITERALLY days and the story was bad

imho.

I agree. But as the first Final Fantasy game to really engage me (6 and 7 released when I was otherwise engaged) I, and probably others, have large and heavy rose-tinted glasses that refuse to budge :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Slapping remastered on a game seems to enable outrageous prices to be charged. Love Final Fantasy VIII definitely a purchase depending on price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

I havent played 8 since release and like others i didnt like it too much, it was great in parts but at a certain point it goes to **** and doesnt really redeem itself story wise.

But i was hoping we would see a remaster as i did want to replay it as i can barely remember it tbh, and delighted when i saw this popping up at E3. Looking forward to it, im predicting they will throw a hefty price tag on it though, like X :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,603 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Final Fantasy 7, 8 and Crystal Chronicles all announced yesterday by Square Enix... Still no word on when XV is coming to the greatest console this generation -_- -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Final Fantasy 7, 8 and Crystal Chronicles all announced yesterday by Square Enix... Still no word on when XV is coming to the greatest console this generation -_- -_-

We got the Pocket Edition, which is better!

nix wrote: »
    I havent played 8 since release and like others i didnt like it too much, it was great in parts but at a certain point it goes to **** and doesnt really redeem itself story wise.

But i was hoping we would see a remaster as i did want to replay it as i can barely remember it tbh, and delighted when i saw this popping up at E3. Looking forward to it, im predicting they will throw a hefty price tag on it though, like X :(

I wouldn't say so, I'd say 25 tops, likely to be 20. It's definitely not going to be 50 (and that said, really X was 25 and X-2 was 25, it was two games for the one price, XII on the other hand....)

fixxxer wrote: »
    We got the Pocket Edition, which is better!

Say what you want, but they removed so much padding from that edition, I actually managed to get further than chapter 6 before losing the will to continue!

Disgaea 4 Complete+ - E3 Announcement Trailer (Nintendo Switch, PS4)
    When the ruling powers of Hades are revealed to be corrupt, Valvatorez must spark a rebellion to bring them down! Armed to the teeth with dynamic, over-the-top gameplay and a horde of special features, this is the ultimate Disgaea!

Disgaea 4 Complete+ revisits this strategy RPG classic with all the additional scenario, characters and DLC ever released for the title and adds brand new tweaks and functionality to make it THE ULTIMATE Disgaea experience. Launching this fall for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=b-RbmhyisO4

• Advertisement

The original version of Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch will be available on Nintendo Switch on 20 September.

While the PS4 and PC get the snazzy new Remastered edition featured below.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It feels like 2011 again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Get the first three Suikoden games on there and a few 16bit classics and I can retire my PS Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I guess I'm going to have to open my wallet for this. I promised my partner that I would buy this for her if it ever came out for the switch. I reasoned that it could never happen. Live and learn, I guess.

https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/1138480181558071302

I can only imagine how much that'll cost. In the fact sheets released today, Nintendo are charging $60 for Link's Awakening. I feel that's too high for one of the shortest Zelda games, despite how great it is. Being a remake of an old game will make development considerably cheaper. €40 and I might have said that was fair, but Nintendo, and most developers for that matter, are greedy. Nintendo haven't added enough for me to justify that price. Remember this was a Gameboy game.

Edit: Ya, it's £50 on the Nintendo UK store.

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-game/the-legend-of-zelda-link-s-awakening/12189824.html

Astral Chain Limited Edition. This year is gonna be costly.

https://images-1.amonra.co/uploads/2019/06/11/4335b0d82fe96648214caac4b93d9805.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I remember ordering the limited edition of Zelda BOTW from Gamestop in a 50% off sale, only for them to send me the game on its own. It took them three weeks to respond to my calls and at that time it was sold out everywhere. Still gutted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Corholio wrote: »
    Astral Chain Limited Edition. This year is gonna be costly.

https://images-1.amonra.co/uploads/2019/06/11/4335b0d82fe96648214caac4b93d9805.png

Anywhere in Ireland do these special editions? Only one I ever saw was Smash Bros Collectors edition on Smyths. Pain in the backside that Nintendo UK doesn’t deliver here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

AMGer wrote: »
    Anywhere in Ireland do these special editions? Only one I ever saw was Smash Bros Collectors edition on Smyths. Pain in the backside that Nintendo UK doesn’t deliver here!

I used parcel motel to get the larger battery for the Wii U delivered. Was ages ago so things might have changed but it’s worth a shot :)

Advertisement