Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Witcher 3 fits on one cart. It includes both story expansions, Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, as well as all 16 free DLCs.

It runs at 540p handheld and 720p docked.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Might just buy that, I've never played any of the series before but it looks incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Mr E wrote: »
    The Witcher 3 fits on one cart. It includes both story expansions, Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, as well as all 16 free DLCs.

It runs at 540p handheld and 720p docked.

There's no confirmation on the framerate yet unfortunately. Hopefully it's 30 at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

I’m incredibly torn on Witcher. I ploughed hundreds of hours into it on the Xbox and it looked incredible. I don’t know if the graphical downgrades (although having portability) might be too much.

If I hadn’t played it before, I’d instantly grab it for the Switch, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If I hadn't played it before, I'd instantly grab it for the Switch, though.

Honestly if you have a PC it's been on sale for 15e recently.
    On sale on PSN for that price now too & probably the same on Xbox.
    Unfortunately this port being 540p portable is a kick in the teeth as I'm expecting a pretty bad framerate too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

ERG89 wrote: »
    Honestly if you have a PC it's been on sale for 15e recently.
    On sale on PSN for that price now too & probably the same on Xbox.
    Unfortunately this port being 540p portable is a kick in the teeth as I'm expecting a pretty bad framerate too.

Agreed. If you have a decent PC or PS4/Xbox, go for it there. If you don't, I would wait for technical reviews. We know the game is amazing. The only outlier is the performance. I expect, and accept, some graphical hits, which will be less noticeable in portable mode (which I mainly use) so if it's not too bad, I will double dip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Interesting bit of info from interviews with the Mana Collection original producers. The reason it's just on the Switch is that they actually had to get the original roms from Nintendo as they themselves no longer had them.

Corholio wrote: »
    Interesting bit of info from interviews with the Mana Collection original producers. The reason it's just on the Switch is that they actually had to get the original roms from Nintendo as they themselves no longer had them.

Christ, those guys really really needed to have invested in proper source control. Constant losing of source code.

chrislad wrote: »
    Christ, those guys really really needed to have invested in proper source control. Constant losing of source code.

That got me curious. Found this:

Why isn’t there a PS4, Xbox and Switch port of Final Fantasy 8? Preservation may be the answer

Crazy, man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

When is CIV VI getting Gathering Storm and Rise and Fall ffs!
    It's ridiculous how long it takes to bring it to Switch.

Rise and Fall was released in Feb last year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Corholio wrote: »

Already showing as Out of Stock on the Smyths website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

AMGer wrote: »
    Already showing as Out of Stock on the Smyths website

I know balls!!! how did I miss it. gutted.
    Could try Nintendo UK comes it goes live too.. Its an idea

Edit
    Its available on Gamestop. 90e feckers, dont trust the follow they but it's an option.
    https://www.gamestop.ie/Switch/Games/72321/the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-limited-edition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

kevin2me wrote: »

Edit
    Its available on Gamestop. 90e feckers, dont trust the follow they but it's an option.
    https://www.gamestop.ie/Switch/Games/72321/the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-limited-edition

Smyths don’t seem to be carrying the Collectors Edition of Astral Chain so had to order from GameStop. Are they reliable or hit/miss?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

AMGer wrote: »
    Smyths don’t seem to be carrying the Collectors Edition of Astral Chain so had to order from GameStop. Are they reliable or hit/miss?

Definitely hit or miss. Both in my own opinion and the opinion of some others ive seen on boards.
    Order at your peril. Personally i just decided to get the regular edition in smyths cos i hate giving in to gamestops stupid prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Just give it awhile longer, it should be up on amazon soon no? far better prices and not one to feck you over once you get your order in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

kevin2me wrote: »
    I know balls!!! how did I miss it. gutted.
    Could try Nintendo UK comes it goes live too.. Its an idea

Edit

It went but its back in stock now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

When people say Gamestop are hit and miss regarding limited editions pre-orders, does this mean theirs a chance that you wont receive it or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Yakult wrote: »
    When people say Gamestop are hit and miss regarding limited editions pre-orders, does this mean theirs a chance that you wont receive it or something?

You could be waiting a long time to receive it and you might not get it at all. They take your money and worry about fulfilling the order later.

So it seems that the general consensus is that Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is pretty great and worth the long wait.
    It came out a few days ago on other platforms.

It's out next Tuesday (Digital) and Friday week (Boxed) on Switch. Hopefully the Switch version is good. :)

No major savings on other eshops - seems to be about €39.99 across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Mr E wrote: »
    So it seems that the general consensus is that Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is pretty great and worth the long wait.
    It came out a few days ago on other platforms.

It's out next Tuesday (Digital) and Friday week (Boxed) on Switch. Hopefully the Switch version is good. :)

No major savings on other eshops - seems to be about €39.99 across the board.

I would be waiting a few days after it releases to see if they actually fixed all the performance issues with the Switch version, the preview version back in March was basically unplayable in parts with input lag and frame rate issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Oh damn, smm2 next week and bloodstained, gotta get the pocket ready

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I get most of mine the next day. It's An Post so its quick. I'd say most issues are overselling or card issues. Most CE's are not out for ages and card details could change which could always result in cancellations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

If you get in early, you're usually fine. Stores don't know the numbers they'll be getting so they take all names and do it on a first come first serve basis.

You could always try the store after 24 hours (I think) when people who preordered but didn't collects reservations expire. I've never had a problem getting a limited edition from them but then if I really want it I ordered it within a day or two at most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Anyone know what time we can expect Bloodstained to be available on the eshop?

Star Lord wrote: »
    Anyone know what time we can expect Bloodstained to be available on the eshop?

Who knows? Third party games tend to be between 1pm and 5pm our time. There doesn't seem to be any set rules.

Got my code during the early hours, downloading now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Star Lord wrote: »
    Got my code during the early hours, downloading now!

Let us know what you think !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Please do, people who have been playing the Switch version today are not filling me with confidence, it looks like they did not fix any of the issues that were highlighted in preview builds such as frame rates, input lag and a graphical downgrades.

I got the the PS4 version for backing the game, but would like the Switch version as well for travelling.

Very curious about performance. I hear it judders on PS4 so I dread to think what it will be like on Switch.

• Advertisement

It's obviously going to be a step down from the ps4 version graphically, but it still looks good, with the exception of some close ups on character models which show some pretty low res textures. Gameplay wise, I've not really encountered any noticeable frame rate issues, but I am still fairly early in the game. Similarly the game feels pretty sharp to control, haven't felt there was any input lag.

Really enjoying it so far, but a very steep difficulty ramp with the first boss that I've yet to beat, so I'll have to git gud, or git grinding!

Advertisement