Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

https://www.retromaniawrestling.com/

Retromania Wrestling is coming to the Switch now too!

Looks a lot like the old Wrestlefest arcade game which can only be a good thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Turok 2 coming August 9th. I loved the first one, so very keen to give this a whirl.

https://twitter.com/NightdiveStudio/status/1156230954609864704?s=20

I didn't like the first Turok at all, but I remember the second being much easier to control, and I do remember enjoying it. I can't imagine it's aged particularly well though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

chrislad wrote: »
    I didn't like the first Turok at all, but I remember the second being much easier to control, and I do remember enjoying it. I can't imagine it's aged particularly well though....

I hadn't played Turok 1 on N64, but I found the Switch remaster played really well despite its age. The modern controls and polished visuals helped a lot, I'm sure. I played Turok 2 back in the N64 days, and I can't wait to play the updated version.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not sure why Turok has a bad reputation as I think it's a very playable and fun game despite some bad jumping sections. It holds up far better than goldeneye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not sure why Turok has a bad reputation as I think it's a very playable and fun game despite some bad jumping sections. It holds up far better than goldeneye.

The controls were the main thing for me. It was the looking around, completely alien at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Turok 2 was far better than the first game. It was the controls that were the issue, you had to use the 4 yellow buttons on the N64 controller for strafing.

Don't think I ever managed to get past the second level of Turok 2 (without using the cheat codes) but still really liked it at the time.

Hard to get your head around those old N64 FPS games now after years of dual analogue controllers but it made sense back then. Goldeneye in particular seemed so easy to control with one stick but feels alien now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Got Turok 2 with the memory expansion. Didn't play much of it though

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1156846881437302789

Mario Tennis free to online subscribers 7/8 to 13/8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Finally!

Grandia HD coming to Switch August 16th. Don't know how I'm gonna fit playing all these games out in August/September.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1158746606285594631?s=19

• Advertisement

DC Universe Online out today

There's a demo for Cadence of Hyrule up on the eShop now. Haven't had a chance to get it yet but will give it a try this evening.

It's the exact type of game that a demo might sway me towards buying as I didn't want to risk paying full price for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Both Grandia coming to the Switch?? What do I sacrifice to whom to get Shadow Hearts release??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The next batch of NES games are Vice: Project Doom and Kung Fu Heroes.
    The bottom of the barrel is gone and they are now digging through dirt.
    Time for SNES, Nintendo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mr E wrote: »
    The next batch of NES games are Vice: Project Doom and Kung Fu Heroes.
    The bottom of the barrel is gone and they are now digging through dirt.
    Time for SNES, Nintendo.

Eh, Vice: Project Doom is an amazing action game, one of the NES's best and a hidden gem not a lot of people know about. Don't think it's gotten a re-release anywhere yet.

Never heard of it. *shrug* :)

Never heard of it. *shrug* :)

Not many have, never made it to Europe and it was only a cult game until people discovered it again through emulation. Defintiely worth a go, it's up there with shatterhand and the ninja gaiden games as some of the best action games on the NES.

Nice one. I'll give it a go so. The kung-fu game looks like hot garbage though. :)

Nice one. I'll give it a go so. The kung-fu game looks like hot garbage though. :)

It's alright, playable but old. Works better as a 2 player game.

If you want some real hot garbage then try the related ninja boy game on Gameboy.

Some of you may remember XIII from back on the Gamecube and other platforms. It's getting a remake and was due out in November of this year. But it’s now been delayed into 2020.
    Paris - August 8th, 2019 - After revealing the game’s teaser last April, Microïds and PlayMagic are announcing today a new release window for the game. The remake of the world-famous cel-shading FPS, which became a cult classic after its original release in 2003, is now set for a release in 2020 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC and Mac.

“We are thrilled with PlayMagic’s work so far. This additional development time is needed to reach the level of polish we’re aiming for. The announcement was greeted by an overwhelming response from the community and we’ll make sure to deliver the best possible game to our fans” says François Coulon - Head of Production at Microïds.

The story:

Play as «Thirteen», a talented soldier who lost his memory and has been accused of killing the President of the United States. You wake up injured and amnesic on Brighton Beach with the only clue being a small key and a mysterious tattoo « XIII » next to your clavicle. It’s now your job to search for answers in the 34 levels of the solo campaign. Don’t worry, you will find the appropriate weapon arsenal along the way.

XIII’s remake will be available in 2020 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC and Mac.

https://outube.com/watch?v=vBXt_87doAk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I really enjoyed that game on the PS2, back in the day, lovely art style.

I would prefer to see Coldwinter remade though, that was a cracking title.

Of course, Retr0 would agree with me that a conversion of Firewarrior needs to happen ASAP!

Playing Firewarrior is like being bukakked with mediocrity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Agent A is out on all consoles on August 29. It's a five part game that's been out on android and iPhone with the fifth chapter due out that day and the full game being released on consoles.

I really love the game, its a really neat puzzler.

Trailer here.

I played part 1. Great game alright.

Wireless Super Nintendo controller appears in FCC database
    0t4S2GQ.png?resize=708%2C459&strip=all?w=708&strip=all

https://venturebeat.com/2019/08/13/wireless-super-nintendo-controller-appears-in-fcc-database/

You can probably expect SNES games on Switch before the end of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Bubble Bobble 4 Friends coming in November. Sweet. Hope it's good!

A Hat in Time is out on October 18th (physical). I assume digital is out around the same time.

This is a callback to old-style 3D games done well (compared to Yooka Laylee which wasn't a good game at all)

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1161990482789978114

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Great little game - I'm really looking forward to giving it another playthrough on Switch!

Advertisement