Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://youtu.be/6feZAvsXsN8

Astral Chain is looking really good.

And some more from bigger channels

https://youtu.be/7xnars80zRQ

https://youtu.be/9wCC-PaCiLY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

I'm looking forward to it, but not sure if ill get it on release. Might trade in a game or to and pick it up.. See how the overall reviews go..

Wheres looking like the cheapest to get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

nix wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to it, but not sure if ill get it on release. Might trade in a game or to and pick it up.. See how the overall reviews go..

Wheres looking like the cheapest to get it?

Its £41 on Amazon at the minute. I hadn't looked at many other sites though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Doom 1993 has been updated. The Bethesda account screen now has a "Later" button.

Shouldn't have been there in the first place, but at least you can skip the registration now.

Has anyone tried Far: Lone Sails? Bit of a limbo/inside vibe, and it just got 9/10 on IGN from Tom Marks.
    Came out on Switch last week. €15 for a 2 hour game with no replay value though.... hmmm. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I watched the trailer this morning, and recall a glowing article in a recent issue of Edge but, as you say, I can't justify spending that sort of money on a once through 2 hour game.
    If only I could get a refund for Gear.Club Unlimited 2....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Mr E wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Far: Lone Sails? Bit of a limbo/inside vibe, and it just got 9/10 on IGN from Tom Marks.
    Came out on Switch last week. €15 for a 2 hour game with no replay value though.... hmmm. :)

Heard Tom Marks taking about it in this week's NVC. Had nothing but good things to say about it. Convinced me to add it to my watchlist. Too much to play at the moment sadly.

Yeah he was raving about it. I've put it on my watch list too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

Hotline Miami Collection is out today. I'm not sure of the price. I got one of these on the Vita and it is great fun. Depending on the price point I might give them another go.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/hotline-miami-collection-is-out-on-nintendo-switch/1100-6469192/

Edit: Just spotted Mr E mention this in the Nindy tread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Ori and The Blind Forest Definitive Edition is coming to Switch on the 27th September. Just seen it on the Ori FB page there. Fantastic game, loved every minute of it on Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ori and Link's Awakening next month... I think I need to get back on the switch train

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

maximoose wrote: »
    Ori and Link's Awakening next month... I think I need to get back on the switch train

So many good games coming out on it at the moment it's hard to keep up. Fire Emblem last month which is GOTY for me so far this year. Astral Chain in a few weeks and Links Awakening and Ori next month :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Little Nightmares 2 for Switch, and all consoles, announced at Gamescom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Witcher 3 release date is Oct 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Happy to see Blasphemous is getting a simultaneous release on the 10th of September.

Jesus, that's savage looking.

There are about 6 games coming out in September that I really want. Help.

The Witcher 3 is now available to preload.
    Hope you have 28.1GB free....

https://nintendoeverything.com/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-pre-load-live-on-the-switch-eshop-file-size/

Smyths have the Witcher 3 up for pre-order now too with the usual €5 discount in place. So it's €55. Bargain hunters can pick it up from www.thegamecollection.net for £45 (including delivery), which is roughly €49.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see the Link's Awakening Limited Edition seems to be available for preorder on Smyths site. Was it gone before?

Ya it sold out fairly quickly when it was initially announced. Was tempted to pick it up but I'm happy enough with the base game on its own. Picked it up for €44 online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 kyler_87

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I see the Link's Awakening Limited Edition seems to be available for preorder on Smyths site. Was it gone before?

Thought it was alright

Looks like its sold out again as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Still showing the preorder button for me. Says stores have no stock since it's a preorder. I ordered mine back in June so I haven't tried preordering this time

Mr E wrote: »
    Doom 1993 has been updated. The Bethesda account screen now has a "Later" button.

Shouldn't have been there in the first place, but at least you can skip the registration now.

Still not going near it (Switch, Xbox, PS), especially after seeing Digital Foundry's analysis.

Final Fantasy VIII remastered is coming out on the 3rd of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Still showing the preorder button for me. Says stores have no stock since it's a preorder. I ordered mine back in June so I haven't tried preordering this time

Yep available again. Got my regular copy (with a poster and cool keyring) off TheGameCollection for €45. As much as I love the look of the special edition, it's not worth €35 for a steel case and a book thats gonna be put in a drawer. All over the keyring though!

Posted by Nintendo America on their twitter account yesterday.
    Mario Sunshine port confirmed. :pac:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1164575456722653189

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone bothered getting Collection of Mana retail I'd say it will be a very reduced cart availability loved the SNES version many years ago Out on Tuesday

• Advertisement

Anyone bothered getting Collection of Mana retail I'd say it will be a very reduced cart availability loved the SNES version many years ago Out on Tuesday

Yup looking forward to it and Astral Chain next week as well, I will be interested to see what the official translation of Seiken Densetsu 3 will be like as I played with the unofficial one multiple times.

Advertisement