Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah it's been out for a while on other platforms.

"Very Positive" reviews on Steam - http://store.steampowered.com/app/339200/Oceanhorn_Monster_of_Uncharted_Seas/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Mr E wrote: »
    €39.99 for Switch, €29.99 for all other platforms. Hmmm.... :(

Hopefully the digital version (without documentary, soundtrack, poster and art) is more on par with the other versions.

hard to believe that the flash cards cost a tenner to make

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah it's been out for a while on other platforms.

"Very Positive" reviews on Steam - http://store.steampowered.com/app/339200/Oceanhorn_Monster_of_Uncharted_Seas/

Nice! Looking forward to pick it up so

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

dunworth1 wrote: »
    hard to believe that the flash cards cost a tenner to make

They don't. At least it's not clear that is the difference. The whole 'Rime' situation shone a light on at least some of what is going on early in the Switch's life with some developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Mummy Demastered is coming to Switch from WayForward.

• Advertisement

Microids are bringing 6 games to the Switch.

Syberia - Q3 2017
    Syberia 2 - Q4 2017
    Syberia 3 - Q1 2018
    Gear.Club - Q4 2017
    Flashback Remastered - Q4 2017
    Blacksad - Q4 2018

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/06/microids_confirms_six_games_for_the_nintendo_switch

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just saw that. And was just thinking yesterday that I wouldn't mind seeing adventure games on the Switch. Maybe a Zack and Wiki sequel?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Axiom Verge is confirmed to be the same price digitally as everywhere else, $19.99 in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Corholio wrote: »
    They don't. At least it's not clear that is the difference. The whole 'Rime' situation shone a light on at least some of what is going on early in the Switch's life with some developers.

What was the whole Rime situation?

• Advertisement

Skyrim E3 Trailer. Adding Link's gear is genius. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Thats definitely gonna make an appearance at the spotlight then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm just hoping those motion controls are all kinds of optional!
    But it looks stunning, hopefully priced keenly though, given it's a budget title on ever other format it's now on.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    But it looks stunning, hopefully priced keenly though, given it's a budget title on ever other format it's now on.

They might use the motion controls and 'free zelda DLC' to bulk the price a bit.

The special edition on Steam is €39.99, so it's not strictly a budget title, more mid-priced.

If it's full price on Switch, it'll definitely leave a bad taste in the mouth. I'm still expecting €50-60 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Skyrim Remastered isn't a budget title on Xbox One or on PS4? Although it was discounted quite early and quite frequently.

I presume, like with FIFA, this won't be quite previous generation and won't be quite the full Remastered package. I don't see it being priced as a budget title though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

druss wrote: »
    Skyrim Remastered isn't a budget title on Xbox One or on PS4? Although it was discounted quite early and quite frequently.

I presume, like with FIFA, this won't be quite previous generation and won't be quite the full Remastered package. I don't see it being priced as a budget title though!

It's coming in at €59.99 on Amazon anyhow.
    I'll pick it up regardless.
    I never really had the time to play it on the PS4, my son had a lot of fun with it though, I reckon the nature of the Switch will make it more accessible to me.

Is Skyrim going to have a mode that you don't have to use motion controls?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Is Skyrim going to have a mode that you don't have to use motion controls?

Definitely.

Anyway, I might have picked it up if it had mod support. Skyrim without mods is a poor game in my opinion so I'll give it a pass I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Definitely.

Anyway, I might have picked it up if it had mod support. Skyrim without mods is a poor game in my opinion so I'll give it a pass I think.

Same as this, its fun for a first run or two but without mods I wouldn't bother.

Possible Nintendo want to drop that bomb though, highly unlikely as that is

I thought I read that there is mod support. They said so back when they announced it. But now this morning I was reading that you've to pay for it.

• Advertisement

Definitely.

WTF is mod support??

For me, the game is fine as it is, and I'm as likely to play it through as is.

But... with that game engine running, why stop at Skyrim?
    Surely, a Fallout 3/4 deluxe pack is a sure thing for the Switch?

100 Best Skyrim Mods (according to PC Gamer)

WTF is mod support??

For me, the game is fine as it is, and I'm as likely to play it through as is.

But... with that game engine running, why stop at Skyrim?
    Surely, a Fallout 3/4 deluxe pack is a sure thing for the Switch?

Anything from UI tweaks, new quests/locations, unofficial fan patches, visual overhauls(wouldn't expect this one though), new spells/equipment/monsters etc.

I never played the console versions but UI overhauls were vital for me on PC as well as mods to make it more of a roleplaying game. All this is just for me though, most people don't really give a toss :)

Anything from UI tweaks, new quests/locations, unofficial fan patches, visual overhauls(wouldn't expect this one though), new spells/equipment/monsters etc.

I never played the console versions but UI overhauls were vital for me on PC as well as mods to make it more of a roleplaying game. All this is just for me though, most people don't really give a toss :)

So it would be necessary for Bethesda to release the modding tools for the game on the Switch as well....

So it would be necessary for Bethesda to release the modding tools for the game on the Switch as well....

They would be done on PC with the creation kit, then uploaded to Bethesda.net I'd say. Then on signing in on your preferred console with your Bethesda account the mods should be available. At least I think that's how it works on consoles anyway.

When I saw that trailer for The Last Night at the conference, I thought it was the next game in the Flashback/Fade to Black series

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When I saw that trailer for The Last Night at the conference, I thought it was the next game in the Flashback/Fade to Black series

That's what I thought too!
    Very much so.
    Good looking 2D adventures are ten a'penny though

CastorTroy wrote: »

It would appear that it's not 100% confirmed. There's A-holes out there that slap Switch tags on videos and jump the gun. I can't find any official confirmation.

• Advertisement

Okay so just rewatched the reveal for The Last Night and it said XBox One Console Launch exclusive which is assumed to mean it's timed exclusive. All their wording last night was designed to confuse.
    But the official website has
    Platforms: Xbox One • PC • Mac
    http://oddtales.net/

Advertisement