Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Gameplay trailer for Untitled Goose Game (still untitled!)
    It looks wonderful and made me laugh a few times (the goose is an asshole) :)

I have a feeling that it will be very short though.
    Hope I'm proven wrong.

Out on Friday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,782 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rather an excellent short game I'll enjoy and finish in 4 hours than a triple A bloat fest with 8 hours of gameplay stretched thin over a needless open world.

In other news Star Ocen First Departure R announced for Switch. Looks like a touching up of the PSP remake of the first Star Ocean game. There's better RPGs out there but it's not a bad game and very interesting especially the combat system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Grid Autosport is out today for €35. Downloading it as we speak. Got it for €30 with the cdkeys offer ( €35 credit for €30 ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

There's a demo for Ori and the Blind Forest up on the eshop for anyone who's not tried the game on Xbox and wants to experience a super little game.

skerry wrote: »
    There's a demo for Ori and the Blind Forest up on the eshop for anyone who's not tried the game on Xbox and wants to experience a super little game.

Didn't finish this game on xbox but got about 3/4 the way through. Need to give this another go. Loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Ori getting great reviews.
    Basically the same as XBox + better character animations + some extra stuff.
    And 60 FPS !
    And on a handheld !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtF-c_eec54

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Can't wait to play through it again, come at me Ginso tree

Looks like the improvements they made to the game engine for the sequel were applied back to the original. So, the switch has the best version. +1000 for custom game engines to make the switch sing. I would love to see what kind of stuff Nintendo use in house.

I read on NintendoLife that the same engine is used for the upcoming sequel too, so there is a good chance of that on Switch in the future.

I really didn't even care about 60 FPS before, but they games that have it look and feel wonderful. DKTF, Rayman Legends, Mario Kart 8, Mario Odyssey, Captain toad, Ori, diablo ...

I'm hoping BOTW2 can do this on the switch pro, which it'll be launched with ! :)

Here's a list ...
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/nintendo-switch-games-60-fps-games-list/

• Advertisement

Doom 1 and 2 updates out now.

Audio, Performance and Lighting improvements.

https://nintendoeverything.com/doom-and-doom-ii-updates-out-now-on-switch/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ori still not playable, what time do games normally "release" or this is just an outlier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

maximoose wrote: »
    Ori still not playable, what time do games normally "release" or this is just an outlier?

The first three Dragon Quest games are out today and available to buy/download from the eshop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

The first three Dragon Quest games are out today and available to buy/download from the eshop.

Are any of them any good? I tried the latest one on PS4 and 4 hours in am kinda bored. I just want an interesting story.

maximoose wrote: »

Playable now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is out next week but reviews are out today. It's getting great reviews (8+). Sounds like a brilliant game.

Yep. 60 FPS too. Looks very like tropical freeze. Plus a fully designed playable over world game too.

I bet it's a custom game engine too and not whatever the hell grezzo and links awakening uses. :)

(Edit) load of ex Rare staff: https://www.playtonicgames.com/team/
    Hi Nintendo, you can buy this company :)

A Knights Quest is out next week - this looks great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Corpse Party is coming out for Switch I'm stunned, this is technically the third game but read the second one can be opintional? I'll probably play the 2nd one first myself.

https://gematsu.com/2019/10/corpse-party-blood-drive-for-switch-and-pc-launches-october-10

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Anybody try Grid Autosport? Looks really good and getting great reviews as an authentic racing game for switch. Seems like it's getting overlooked as it's a port.

conormario wrote: »
    Anybody try Grid Autosport? Looks really good and getting great reviews as an authentic racing game for switch. Seems like it's getting overlooked as it's a port.

I have it. Plays really well. There's a few different options for how you want the game to look which is great (ie: great graphics at 30 fps or slightly downgraded graphics at 60 fps).
    For €35 it's a bargain. Really enjoying it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They've just updated Gear.Club Unlimited 2, cut the lag and it runs much better.
    Wondering if there's a free roam mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I see Doom Eternal has been pushed until an unknown date next year. Not the worst news tbh, as there's more than enough coming this year to tide me over. The Witcher 3 is very soon, and depending on reviews, I'll probably pick that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah. delayed until March 20th for the other platforms. No dates for Switch. Doom 64 is a preorder bonus and it gets releases on all platforms March 20th.
    They clearly don't fear Animal Crossing.

https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/1181569967562612736

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Have Luigi's Mansion preloaded... Gonna be a long three weeks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah. delayed until March 20th for the other platforms. No dates for Switch. Doom 64 is a preorder bonus and it gets releases on all platforms March 20th.
    They clearly don't fear Animal Crossing.

In fairness i don't think there's much cross-over between Animal Crossing fans and Doom fans.

Advertisement