Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

This looks like fun: kinda parodius/south park/Monty python:
    http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/switch-eshop/freedom_finger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

SUDA 51 AND SWERY 65 ANNOUNCE ”HOTEL BARCELONA”, PLANNED TO LAUNCH ON SWITCH

https://nintendosoup.com/suda-51-and-swery-65-announcehotel-barcelona-planned-to-launch-on-switch/

The presentation below is in Japanese but every now and again the translator chimes in on what the 2 developers are saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEZAbUC6_YI

Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers(New Trailer)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=RKEKHvJJ5Mg
    For the first time since April, Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers has received brand new information. A new trailer, which was dropped under an hour ago, showcases various elements.

Persona 5 Scramble will follow-up on the events from the original game. With its Warriors style of gameplay, where you string various combos together, the action has to be flashy. The new trailer brings the battle in spades and brings the colour to the highest degree. How that translates to Nintendo Switch remains to be seen. All the characters from the Phantom Thieves gang can be controlled, giving you unique access to their way of battling.

That being said, unlike other Warriors games, Scramble offers a lot to the experience. There are side scrolling exploration segments where story beats will flourish. This is paired with the calendar system, which is what the Persona games are well known for. Obviously, the well animated cutscenes from the proper games are here as well. The story sees the Phantom Thieves traveling all across Japan as mysterious cases has started to pop up.

It has been announced that elements from the upcoming Persona 5 Royal will be featured in the game. Plus, classic Persona songs will be made available to download, and be used as backing tracks during the action sequences. Persona 5 Scramble is scheduled for February 20, 2020 release in Japan. A western release hasn't been dated.

The standard edition will be 8800 yen, while a treasure box edition is being offered at 13800 yen. The treasure box includes a copy of the game, newly-illustrated special bo, art book (48 pages), original soundtrack (45 tracks), theme song “You Are Stronger” (lyrics by Lotus Juice, vocals by Lyn) making-of Blu-ray disc, Morgana towel (350mm x 900mm) and a Persona Team original design sacoche

Finally, we have a look at the boxart here below...
    4bc0yL2.jpg

https://gonintendo.com/stories/347568-persona-5-scramble-releasing-on-february-20-new-trailer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,782 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Always wanted to get into the warriors games but never got the appeal. They just seem to be fanservice with a very basic hack and slash on top. I've tried berserk and the Zelda one and they just don't click. The only one that did was Attack on Titan and only because the combat is way more involved. I'd just rather play Earth Defense Force which is basically Warriors with projectile weapons and way more fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

It looks nice, but I just want Persona 5 the RPG.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

chrislad wrote: »
    Anyone else getting weird glitches with The Witcher 3?

Not very far in, but so far

1) Glitch where during tutorial, Vesemir wouldn’t drop shield, and no buttons responded. Persisted after save reload, have to revert to earlier save, and skip tutorial.

2) Gwent tutorial. X button wouldn’t respond, couldn’t pass on turn, so had to play all cards, ended up losing.

3) One of the first quests, where you have to find a missing brother, the brother won’t show up at the way point, even after waiting for 5 mins normal game time, and meditating through to various times of day.

It’s been rough so far

Just to close this off.

1) Still an genuine issue, but can work around

2) Apparently, you need to HOLD the button, not press it. A bit easy to miss in handheld mode.

3) Best to follow the guy, not run on ahead.

I've played a good ten hours or so, and getting stuck into the Velen area. It's performing admirably. I have the same issues with the controls that I had on the PC, and there are some issues fighting a lot of people at the same time on handheld due to the size of the screen, but this is a fantastic technical achievement, and more importantly, a pretty good version of the game IF you don't have other options for playing it. I'd still go with PS4/Xbox/PC is you aren't playing handheld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Anyone getting into Asphalt 9?
    Good little casual racer.

I played Asphalt 8 on my tablet, which I preferred tbh, but 9 is good to pick up for a few casual gameplay minutes, since each race lasts about 60-120 seconds.

I was looking there at the "Clubs" section. Didn't find a boards one. Figured there must not be much interest in these parts?

Metroid Prime 4 team secures artist behind Halo’s Spartans
    RETRO STUDIOS HIRES SENIOR MODELLER RESPONSIBLE FOR MASTER CHIEF, SPARTAN LOCKE AND MORE

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/metroid-prime-4-team-secures-artist-behind-halos-spartans/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,782 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

sligeach wrote: »
    Metroid Prime 4 team secures artist behind Halo’s Spartans
    RETRO STUDIOS HIRES SENIOR MODELLER RESPONSIBLE FOR MASTER CHIEF, SPARTAN LOCKE AND MORE

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/metroid-prime-4-team-secures-artist-behind-halos-spartans/

Not sure how to take this as I found his designs disgustingly generic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not sure how to take this as I found his designs disgustingly generic.

Metroid: Other M Part 2 confirmed!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Metroid: Other M Part 2 confirmed!

Other M was anything but generic. Lots of innovative ideas there. Just the story was garbage and metroidvania elements were a little contrived. Wasn't a bad game either just not great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Other M was anything but generic. Lots of innovative ideas there. Just the story was garbage and metroidvania elements were a little contrived. Wasn't a bad game either just not great.

I suppose it was the human character designs coupled with the awful script and misogynist story line that put me off, as well as it being not a new Prime game.

Pokemon Sword And Shield’s Final File Size Is 9.5GB, Does Not Support Cloud Saves

https://nintendosoup.com/pokemon-sword-and-shields-final-file-size-is-9-5gb-does-not-support-cloud-saves/

I suppose it was to be expected that there'd be no cloud saves, given previous precedents. Still, God help anyone who lose their save data as it's one of those games where people put hundreds of hours into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Or people who juggle a Switch and Switch Lite....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mr E wrote: »
    Or people who juggle a Switch and Switch Lite....

Plenty of good games to be playing on them rather than juggling the fecking yokes. They'd definitely break if you dropped them as well ;)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I suppose it was the human character designs coupled with the awful script and misogynist story line that put me off, as well as it being not a new Prime game.

Dat ass though...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I didn't get far into it because the controls were a godawful load of runny sh*te. I remember being sceptical about Prime moving the series into 3D but it won me over with a solid control scheme - Other M combined a dull story with frustrating controls and meant that, when my Wii was stolen in a burglary, it was one of the only games I didn't bother replacing.

I really hope the new game doesn't go anywhere near Other M's approach, as I don't seem to be the only person who thought it was aesegravy...

sligeach wrote: »
    Pokemon Sword And Shield’s Final File Size Is 9.5GB, Does Not Support Cloud Saves

https://nintendosoup.com/pokemon-sword-and-shields-final-file-size-is-9-5gb-does-not-support-cloud-saves/

I suppose it was to be expected that there'd be no cloud saves, given previous precedents. Still, God help anyone who lose their save data as it's one of those games where people put hundreds of hours into.

Is Pokemon Bank still a thing? People don't care so much about the story progress, as they do about the Pokemon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Pokemon home should be a direct about it soon probably won't launch until early 2020

• Advertisement

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night | Nintendo Switch Graphics and Performance Upgrade (ESRB)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xpweNG4rWIM

In time for Halloween, no footage shown though in the trailer, hhhmm. I'm sure sites like GameXplain will be on the case soon enough.

It's a shame they messed that up so badly. I'd love a good Metroidvania, and that seemed like it would do the job. At this point, I'm going to wait for reviews on that patch, and likely, a 50% off sale minimum.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night | Version 1.03 vs. 1.02 Comparison - Nintendo Switch

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k8ouBSDUqz8

It looks and runs just as bad to me. Only the load times are improved, and the input lag is better from the comments.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

chrislad wrote: »
    It's a shame they messed that up so badly. I'd love a good Metroidvania, and that seemed like it would do the job. At this point, I'm going to wait for reviews on that patch, and likely, a 50% off sale minimum.

It's free on Xbox Game Pass isn't it? Unless I'm mixing it up with something else. Assuming you have an Xbox that is. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Andrew76 wrote: »
    It's free on Xbox Game Pass isn't it? Unless I'm mixing it up with something else. Assuming you have an Xbox that is. :)

Bloodstained? Yep its on GP for both PC and Console.

Andrew76 wrote: »

I do actually. It's been in a cupboard for about 6 months though, so I may have to dig it out. I rarely have time for TV gaming any more which is why it's gathering dust!

Overwatch 2 Announce Cinematic | “Zero Hour”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKXS_YA9s7E

The Story So Far | Overwatch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbMbZjhSJqo

Overwatch 2 Gameplay Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZl1yGUetjI
    The nations of the earth are under assault. As the omnic forces of Null Sector launch a barrage of surprise attacks around the world, the planet’s governments and militaries prove quickly outmatched—and the remnants of the fearless strike force once known as Overwatch rally to make a valiant stand. Now the world’s heroes must each decide whether to answer the call to reemerge, reunite, and serve as a beacon of hope in a new era of crisis.
    Overwatch 2 is the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based game, building upon the original’s battle-honed foundation and carrying forward everything players have earned into a new era of epic competition and team play. In addition to clashing against rivals in PvP modes, players will explore the Overwatch universe firsthand in whole new ways in fully cooperative missions that challenge the world’s heroes to team up, power up, and take on an overwhelming outbreak of threats around the globe.

HEROES RISE AND VILLAINS EMERGE IN CO-OP MISSIONS

Experience the advent of a new Overwatch as Winston, Tracer, and other members of the original Overwatch join forces with a new generation of heroes in action-packed, cooperative Story Missions. Players will take an active role in the next chapter of the Overwatch saga as it unfolds through a series of intense, high-stakes 4-player missions, taking control of different sets of heroes as they fight to defend the world from Null Sector, uncover the motives behind the omnic attacks, and confront rising new threats around the globe.

The battle continues in Hero Missions, where heroes are called upon to go beyond their limits as they deploy across the world, defending cities against robot invasions, taking on elite Talon agents, and battling the villainous forces laying siege to the world. In this highly replayable mode, players can level up their heroes and earn powerful customization options that supercharge their abilities, granting the extra edge they need to overcome the odds. Choose whether you want Reinhardt’s Fire Strike to ignite nearby enemies, or modify his hammer to swing with increasingly blazing speed; modify Mei’s Endothermic Blaster so frozen foes take more damage and shatter into deadly ice shards; and more.

A NEW ERA OF EPIC COMPETITION

Overwatch 2 represents the beginning of a new era for Overwatch’s world-renowned competitive 6v6 play. In addition to carrying forward all of the original game’s heroes, maps, and modes—as well as existing Overwatch players’ accomplishments and loot collections—Overwatch 2 adds multiple new playable heroes to the ever-growing roster, widens the scope of the world with even more maps and locations, and adds a new Push match type in which two teams compete to guide a robot to their side’s objective. The sequel also introduces an enhanced UI, along with visual and engine upgrades that bring Earth’s battlefields and your favorite heroes to life in greater detail.

Overwatch 2 also renews Blizzard’s commitment to continue supporting the existing Overwatch community. Current Overwatch players will battle side-by-side with Overwatch 2 players in PvP multiplayer. In addition, current Overwatch players will be able to play Overwatch 2 heroes and maps, ensuring the core PvP experience remains dynamic and vital for today’s community in the Overwatch 2 era.

https://blizzcon.playoverwatch.com/en-gb/explore

It wasn't official before I went to sleep that it's coming to Switch, but now it seems it is, as all the major sites are saying so.

Edit: Overwatch 2 director Jeff Kaplan confirmed during a panel at BlizzCon that it is indeed coming to Switch.

Big sales increases seen in 1st party Switch software
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/11/nintendos_switch_software_sell-through_increased_by_53_percent_in_the_first_half_of_this_fiscal_year

And you can only imagine the intergalactic numbers that Pokémon is going to sell this holiday season, worldwide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anyone buy Witcher 3? Are you enjoying it?

I have it on one X and it's beautiful in 4k but not sure if it's worth buying again at the current price.

Might wait for a deal on a hard copy. Amazon UK seems to be the cheapest at the moment.

• Advertisement

amadablam wrote: »
    Anyone buy Witcher 3? Are you enjoying it?

I have it on one X and it's beautiful in 4k but not sure if it's worth buying again at the current price.

Might wait for a deal on a hard copy. Amazon UK seems to be the cheapest at the moment.

Finished it on the pc ages ago. Replaying it on the Switch now. It plays really well but if you played it recently on the Xbox, I’d wait.

Advertisement