Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If you don't own a PS4, this is a great time to get one, a great catalog of games there, compliments the Switch nicely

Yep, good prices on hardware and some great software ...

But

How do you find time for all these games ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

conormario wrote: »
    Yep, good prices on hardware and some great software ...

But

How do you find time for all these games ?

Two word answer...

I don't

My collection was past ever getting to play it all some years ago, now it's just bloody mindedness that is keeping me going!

I thought I was done accruing consoles a while ago too, but I was mistaken, with several popping in to stay over the past year.

I am now mentally cataloguing the missing machines, in order to figure what order to buy them in and what price point I can afford.
    So, I need a Nintendo 3DSXL, N3DSXL, an MSX2, an Amiga 1200 and who knows what else, if I could locate a Nuon I'd be delighted, sad I sold mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Two word answer...

I don't
    This is the way. (of owners of multiple systems)
    ...if I could locate a Nuon I'd be delighted, sad I sold mine.
    ... And this is the way of the CiDeRmAn... buy it, sell it, regret it, buy it again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Star Lord wrote: »
    This is the way. (of owners of multiple systems)

... And this is the way of the CiDeRmAn... buy it, sell it, regret it, buy it again...

3ds going for shocking prices at the mo ... Especially the SNES and Samus ones :):(:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

NINTENDO SWITCH MARIO KART 8 DELUXE PACK HEADING TO EUROPE

https://nintendosoup.com/nintendo-switch-mario-kart-8-deluxe-pack-heading-to-europe/

It's already being sold by numerous online retailers this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Alien: Isolation is out today and I'm looking forward to getting into it. It's interesting in that Digital Foundry's analysis was very positive, saying that certain aspects of the visuals/performance outclass even the PS4. It was ported by Feral Interactive, who did a remarkable job on Grid for the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Alien: Isolation is more of a locker simulator than a survival horror game, one of my biggest disappointments of 2014.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My only disappointment in that game was that my bowel and bladder control wasn't as consistent as previous performance would have led me to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I want to love this game. I've got it on the PC, I had it on the PS4, and I've never gotten past the first hour or two. A price drop in the new year, and I'll bite. Again.

• Advertisement

Alien Isolation looks great on Switch, on par or maybe even better in some sections. I was wondering why, maybe it was rushed to release, I thought it might have been a Halloween release, checked and sure enough it came out on 7th October 2014. It was also a year one title on PS4 and it flopped as far as I know, hardly incentive for the original developer to continuously improve it. Feral Interactive are a very good port team, and maybe they've better tools to improve the 5 year old title. It's a dark game, which helps too. The only real disappointment is it's digital only, oh and along with its price. Looks like a good game to buy in a future sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Alien Isolation is fantastic. Cant recommend it enough.

I will say it’s not enjoyable at all though. You spend all your time playing either terrified, lost or in a panic.

It’s once you turn it off you think ‘jaysis that was class’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Dauntless is out now (free download)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is Football Manager 2020 a digital only release? Had a look on Amazon and doesn't seem to be physically available

Minecraft - Buzzy Bees: Official Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDKGrHWBE-M
    Bees!

Bees are cute, fuzzy, neutral mobs
    Don’t hurt them, they don’t want to hurt you
    Bees love pretty flowers and spend their lives gathering pollen from them
    After gathering pollen, bees fly back to their nest
    If a bee can’t find pollen, it will return home
    If a bee doesn’t have a home nest, it will wander around until it finds one it can use
    Bees don’t like the rain and they sleep at night. They will return to their nest in these cases

Bee Nests and Beehives

Bee Nests generate in Flower Forests, Plains, and Sunflower Plains biomes
    When a bee visits a nest and completes its journey undisturbed, the level of honey increases
    Using shears on a full hive or nest will harvest Honeycomb and using a glass bottle will give a Honey Bottle
    Campfire smoke calms bees – Place one underneath the nest or hive to keep them in chill mode
    Redstone friendly! Dispensers can shear honeycombs from hives and nests

Honey Block

Greatly reduces movement speed and jump height, but also reduces fall damage
    You can “slide” down a wall of honey blocks to slow your fall (Parkour FTW!)
    When a honey block is piston-moved, adjacent blocks also move
    When a honey block is piston-moved, entities on top are moved along with it

Honeycomb Block

A decorative block that can be crafted with Honeycomb

Changes:

Updated to a fresh menu background full of bees
    Leads can now be used on Polar Bears, Parrots, Ocelots, and Dolphins (MCPE-46866)
    Dispensers can now fill bottles with water and honey
    Tweaked the amount of XP dropped by animals to match Java Edition
    Most animals will now drop 1-3 XP when killed, but Dolphins now drop 0 XP
    Item tags can now be hidden in the inventory using the ‘/gamerule showtags’ command

Fixes:

Crashes / Performance

Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay
    Fixed a crash that could occur when signing into Xbox Live on Android
    Fixed an issue with kelp growth causing lag in specific chunks (MCPE-50175)

General

Fixed a render distance issue that could cause an old style (limited) world to not load correctly if a player logged out in a specific corner of that world
    Fixed an issue that was causing scripting error messages to show on the Alien Worlds Marketplace world

Gameplay

Fixed a bug that was sometimes causing chests to become invisible (MCPE-52790)
    Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause touch screen controls to become inverted (MCPE-50256)
    Players once again experience kinetic energy and get dead upon gliding into walls at high speed with Elytra (MCPE-21141)
    Players can no longer initiate swimming in shallow water

Mobs

Improved the accuracy of pathfinding for flying mobs
    Pillager Patrols can no longer spawn in the End or Nether dimensions (MCPE-51481)
    Baby Pigmen now hold their swords in their hands, rather than around their necks (MCPE-53454)

Blocks

Updated the Slime Block texture to match Java Edition
    Fixed an issue that was causing sugar cane to break when a nearby water source became waterlogged (MCPE-52314)

Items

Arrows and tridents no longer fall through the ground after being deflected by a shield (MCPE-44721)
    Dragon Heads now appear at the correct height (MCPE-53129)
    Buckets can once again be used to milk cows (MCPE-54623)
    Milk buckets can again be used to craft cakes (MCPE-52774)
    Fixed acacia leaves sometimes becoming stuck in the inventory hotbar
    Placing Armor on an Armor Stand in Creative mode no longer equips it on the player as well

Character Creator

Various fixes to the Character Creator
    Fixed an issue that was causing worn items to transfer between Character Creator models unexpectedly
    Adding or removing the Founder’s Cape now updates the skin in-game without needing to restart
    Platform restricted skins can now be previewed in the Character Creator
    Fixed capes not rendering in some skin packs (MCPE-54181)
    Fixed another issue that was causing player skins to revert to a default Alex or Steve after relaunching the game
    Skins that don’t roam to Minecraft Earth no longer display ‘Usable Everywhere’ in the Character Creator
    Equipping a new custom skin will now update the player model without needing to restart the game
    Optimized the size of Character Creator skins to improve performance when playing in multiplayer

Graphical

Fixed the held item bobbing animation when moving in first person view (MCPE-51212)
    The block breaking animation will again show if a block is below water when the player is above
    The player’s hand no longer disappears when gliding with Elytra (MCPE-53092)
    Water now renders correctly when Kelp is placed next to a Glass block

User Interface

Fixed a navigation issue that could cause an incorrect focus change when choosing an option from the pause menu
    Fixed an issue that could cause menu flickering when navigating through the Character Creator
    The ‘See Pack in Store’ button in the Character Creator can now be highlighted and selected when using a controller
    Fixed some misspelled splash text

Add-Ons and Script Engine

Custom entities once again show their health bar correctly while being ridden
    Fixed an issue with particle billboarding that was causing them to appear flipped in the wrong direction
    Fixed an issue with pivot points for custom geometry cube models
    Fixed a bug that was causing tamed entity damage to be counted as coming from mounted players

For Map Makers and Add-On Creators:

Updated templates for 1.14.0 with new resources, BEEhaviors, documentation, and example packs can be downloaded from minecraft.net/addons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is Football Manager 2020 a digital only release? Had a look on Amazon and doesn't seem to be physically available

It's the mobile version too so pretty bad. Doesn't feel like you have any input. No matter who i picked or what tactics/formation it made no difference.

Brother had it on his list of games for Christmas presents so just double checking if available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Some new NES and SNES additions to the online subscription announced. Star fox 2, super punch out, kirby super star plus a few more.

The Game Awards 2019

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jxAihuiYxuU

It starts in just about 5 minutes I believe. Nintendo don't ever really feature very prominently, but they do drop a surprise or two each year. Expect to see the next Smash Bros DLC Fighter. We may also see something like Bayonetta 3, Shin Megami Tensei V, they're long overdue an update. I'd like to see more on BOTW 2 or new 3rd party exclusives.

Ubisoft may have a new collaboration with Nintendo, that’s not a rumour, just a wild guess on my part. As is Rayman being the new DLC fighter in SSBU.

A little late, but it's starting now. I'd like to see Capcom give proper support, not just old, botched physical release ports.

Edit: Nope, this is the pre-show. The Awards starts at 2am.

• Advertisement

No More Heroes 3 on Switch is releasing in 2020.

No More Heroes 3 - The Return

https://youtube.com/watch?v=g2nPg42xsXg

Bravely Default II is coming in 2020.

Bravely Default II – Announcement Trailer – Nintendo Switch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=DsjTKIt3z8A

I can't stay awake any longer. Someone else will catch any remaining surprises, I expect at least one more Switch announcement.

Edit: I stayed awake, the show just ended. There was nothing else Nintendo related, that was very disappointing. I'm sorry I stayed up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pretty poor show for Nintendo in fairness. They won some awards, but the trailers for 2020 were definitely lacking.

Thanks for your service, sligeach. It's appreciated!

Is that not the third Bravely Default game? I enjoyed the first on the 3DS but never got around to the second one (Bravely Second, I believe?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

chrislad wrote: »
    Is that not the third Bravely Default game? I enjoyed the first on the 3DS but never got around to the second one (Bravely Second, I believe?)

Yep. Never finished the first myself, nor even touched the second.

Also, next Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (remember that came out!) DLC was revealed, XMen flavoured and out on the 23rd.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Yep. Never finished the first myself, nor even touched the second.

Also, next Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (remember that came out!) DLC was revealed, XMen flavoured and out on the 23rd.

I’ve not even gotten around to the first set of DLC. I must give it another replay. A bit bland but a decent fun game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Quiet enough Game Awards for Nintendo this year. Bravely Default II was a nice surprise though. The early Direct next year should be very interesting. Will have a lot of possible games to touch on.

The Game Awards in general was pretty weird and disappointing overall really. Imagine finishing with an announcement for an awful looking Fast and Furious game. Reggie's speech was probably best thing in the show. Having the Muppets at the same time as the Games for Impact award was a ridiculously tone deaf choice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The awards started off strong but became boring after the first 45 minutes, I gave up after an hour and went to bed.

• Advertisement

Did Cable quote Quantum Leap in that trailer for Marvel Ultimate Alliance DLC? "Change history for the better"

Advertisement