Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,626 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Mario+Rabbids: Battle Kingdom will release on August 29th for Nintendo Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I will wait for the reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

I've stolen this from elsewhere but worth a share. Not a bad 2017 :)

lStjNmM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Not to mention stuff like Cave Story+, Oceanhorn, Skyrim, RiME, Sonic Mania, Steamworld Dig 2, Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2, FIFA, and Yooka Laylee, off the top of my head, plus the Zelda DLC this month and for Christmas. Purchase validated! :)

Edit: and Rocket League. Daaaaaaaaaaaamn! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

11 1st party games in one year on the switch that's crazy good for the 1st year of the console.

Look at the xbox one x ?. 2 games coming for it that is 1st party this xmess Crackdown 3 and Forza 7 thats it.

Nintendo might not have great 3rd party support but they make up for it with there 1st party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The games from the image are:
    6 1st party games (BotW, 1 2 Switch, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Arms, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Oddessy)
    2 2nd party games (Snipperclips{kinda}, Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
    3 3rd party games using mainly Nintendo IPs (Mario + Rabbids, Pokken Tournament DX, Fire Emblem Warriors)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Star Lord wrote: »
    The games from the image are:
    6 1st party games (BotW, 1 2 Switch, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Arms, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Oddessy)
    2 2nd party games (Snipperclips{kinda}, Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
    3 3rd party games using mainly Nintendo IPs (Mario + Rabbids, Pokken Tournament DX, Fire Emblem Warriors)

There Nintendo IPs I would consider all of them 1st party games as they will not end up on another games console at all !!!

So its 11 1st party games on the console that you wont get to play on another other console then the Switch other then Zelda, mario kart, Pokken that are on the Wii U as well.

A very very strong line up of games for a year one console.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

1st party means a game made by Nintendo themselves though.
    2nd party means a game made by a company that Nintendo essentially owns. (eg. Monolith - Xenoblade series)
    3rd party means a game made by an external company, in the above cases, Ubisoft, Bandai Namco and Koei Tecmo

That they're exclusive to the platform is besides the point. People tend to overlook the above when saying there's no 3rd party games, either because they use Nintendo IP, or because they don't like the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

When people say 3rd Party, they're not really talking about 3rd Party though, they're talking about the big Cross Platform series. Or at least it seems that way. God, I miss the old days, when every platform got every game, there were no microtransactions, we had loading music or a game of space invaders to occupy us while the game got it's **** together and I could still pull off wearing shorts...

I thought Nintendo entirely owned Monolith Soft - doesn't that make them 1st party?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Yeah, anything from Monolith is a 1st party game.

• Advertisement

1st party is where Nintendo completely own the company. 2nd party is where Nintendo own a stake in the company, 3rd party is when they have no stake in the company.

Monolith Soft are 1st party. I consider anything Pokemon as 2nd party, they don't fully own the rights but they stay exclusively on Nintendo hardware(smart phone games are different). Rare were 2nd party as were Left Field way back when.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Pokemon is a weird one.

Nintendo have a stake in the Pokemon Company, Gamefreak and Creatures Inc but don't outright own those companies and all three companies have a co-ownership of the Pokemon copyright. Nintendo are the sole owner of all of the trademarks, including names, characters and logos of Pokemon I think.

Nintendo have an undisclosed stake in Creatures Inc, which probably gives them the upper hand in any Pokemon dealings.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Pokemon is a weird one.

Nintendo have a stake in the Pokemon Company, Gamefreak and Creatures Inc but don't outright own those companies and all three companies have a co-ownership of the Pokemon copyright. Nintendo are the sole owner of all of the trademarks, including names, characters and logos of Pokemon I think.

Nintendo have an undisclosed stake in Creatures Inc, which probably gives them the upper hand in any Pokemon dealings.

Yeah it was Satoru Iwata that established the The Pokémon Company combining all 3 entities that deals with all the aspects of the IP, while Nintendo solely own the trademark, they had something similar with Rare as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    When people say 3rd Party, they're not really talking about 3rd Party though, they're talking about the big Cross Platform series. Or at least it seems that way. God, I miss the old days, when every platform got every game, there were no microtransactions, we had loading music or a game of space invaders to occupy us while the game got it's **** together and I could still pull off wearing shorts...

Cross platform games were well and good, but there used to be radical differences between editions and, if you chose poorly your console, you could wind up with the worst version.
    Alien 3 was superb on the Snes, not so good on the MD.
    I know Retr0 considers this contentious, but Aladdin on the MD was outstanding (though built on the Dave Perry template) while the Snes one not so much.
    Further back the output of Ultimate on the Spectrum was legendary, while their C64 titles not so great.
    More recently, the PS3 versions of Bioshock and Bayonetta were poorly optimised, while the 360 games were outstanding.

These days, the PS4 and XB1 games are as closely matched as two systems can be, with the lack of custom anything under the casing it's just one PC vs another PC.
    The Switch is a shift in this evenly matched paradigm, and could make things very interesting, given that the system may have less power, but is less preoccupied with plastering 1080p all over the place.

Consider the 3DS and the Vita, the Vita just failed to ignite compared to the 3DS, despite the Vita having a massive advantage in power.
    Ironically, the Vita is enjoying a second life of JRPG translations, and the visuals are broadly 2D sprites and simple polygon characters!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Xenji wrote: »
    Yeah it was Satoru Iwata that established the The Pokémon Company combining all 3 entities that deals with all the aspects of the IP, while Nintendo solely own the trademark, they had something similar with Rare as well.

Ah Satoru.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

cars 3 driven to win switch footage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Boom!!

Danmaku unlimited 3

• Registered Users Posts: 55,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

81 games coming to Switch in 2017, 2018 and beyond. A well produced video.

Get PacMan for free on your Switch!
    Kind of!
    Requires an internet connection. To play, not just to look at this link explaining how :
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6ine7l/googles_30th_anniversary_of_pacman_doodle_is_not/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like GoNNER is out tomorrow for a tenner. A rogue-like platformer with a cool graphical style. Looks like a great game for gaming on the move.

€2.99 in the steam sale if you want to try on PC before you switch. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Both Mario Kart and Bomberman have got updates.

Mario Kart. Version 1.2

Players can use Pikmin-themed amiibo to unlock a Pikmin Suit for the Mii driver.
    Race rules and course name are now displayed on loading screens for online and wireless play, as well as Mario Kart TV.
    Players who are behind in online matches will receive items geared toward catching up more frequently.
    In online matches, no more than two Piranha Plants will be granted as items at the same time.
    Controls are no longer unresponsive when the timer runs out when choosing a Mii racing suit for online matches.
    When a player uses an item right after the Super Horn in online matches, that item will now remain available for other players.
    Item wheel no longer spins continuously in online matches.
    Online matches now end as intended 30 seconds after the first place racer finishes.
    The Boomerang now returns to the first slot, if possible, after a player catches it.
    Items shown in a player’s item slots now display correctly when holding an item behind them.
    No longer possible to use an item after it has been used to block an attack.
    Communication errors no longer occur frequently while spectating or after spectating online matches.

Super Bomberman. Version 1.4

Changelog

Update Release 06/28/2017 (ver.1.4) - Contents as below :

- 3 new characters are now available in the shop.
    (Vic Viper Bomber, Simon Belmont Bomber, Pyramid Head Bomber)
    - 4 new VS stages are now available in the shop.
    (Conveyor Belt Classic, Panic Factory, Plain Floor, Desert Fort)
    - 2 new series of accessories are now available in the shop.
    (Item and Snowflake series)"
    - Other than Battle Royale, the Team Battle is now available as a Battle Rule. In this mode, the team with the last survivor wins the match.
    - There are now more ways to win Gems and more Gems available. (Previously Gems could only be earned in the League Battle, but now all VS modes provide Gems.)
    Adjusted the movement speed of the Power Zone.
    - Other small bugs have been fixed.

"Players who are behind in online matches will receive items geared toward catching up more frequently."

Find that one kind of unnecessary, any games I have played have been more than adequate at supplying better pick-ups if you were behind in a race

Just sounds like the race is now a lottery

I think Has Been Heroes got one recently too - I saw something downloading last night while I was polishing off some Zelda sidequests. I don't think it's more than 2 or 3 days since I was last on wifi.

I'm guessing the Mariokart Pikmin costume is just a 2nd way to onlock the existing costume, the same way both Villager and Isabelle will give you the Animal Crossing one, or Samus / ZSS give you the Varia Suit.

I'm hopeful the "catching up" thing is more about giving them speed boosts to get them back in the race rather than slowing everyone else down (lightning, blue shell). Maybe it's a de-emphasis on the ****ing-everyone-else-over powerups?

Binding of the Isaac (Switch) launching in Europe on 14/09 ... for certain ... maybe

http://neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1398870

The LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game: Official Announce Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l33IYMlyOOA
    Don’t let this one sneak by you. Get a piece of the action when The LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game arrives on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC on September 22(it releases on 6th October here in Europe)!

ABOUT THE GAME

Find your inner ninja with the all-new LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game! Play as your favorite ninjas, Lloyd, Jay, Kai, Cole, Zane, Nya and Master Wu to defend their home island of Ninjago from the evil Lord Garmadon and his Shark Army. Master the art of Ninjagility by wall-running, high-jumping and battling the foes of Ninjago to rank up and upgrade the ninja’s combat skills. Only in the LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game will you experience the film across 8 action packed locations each with its own unique Challenge Dojo. And with the Battle Maps, play against friends and family in competitions for up to four players!

FOR MORE INFORMATION

Visit the Website: http://videogames.lego.com

sligeach wrote: »
    Binding of the Isaac (Switch) launching in Europe on 14/09 ... for certain ... maybe

http://neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1398870

ah for feck sake

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

dunworth1 wrote: »
    ah for feck sake

Just import or get it direct from the US store. I did it a few weeks ago. Really simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Did anyone get Shantae Half Genie Hero? I was given a €25 Nintendo shop card and it looks interesting.

Guns, Gore & Cannoli will be making its way to Nintendo Switch

http://info.gunsgorecannoli.com/back-from-the-dead/

And a trailer of what the game is all about. This is from a couple of years ago.

Guns, Gore & Cannoli Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tIP8RSivbY

• Advertisement

The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ Coming to Europe on September 7th

2dgpcvt.png

Advertisement