Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

nintendoo wrote: »
    They can use an on screen cursor a la Captain toad ..
    Hopefully it's hidden when not needed and can be hidden by the user when they are sick of looking at it.

Funny you should say that. I watched some Arlo videos earlier and one of them happened to be the Switch review of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, the controls are far from perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

sligeach wrote: »
    Funny you should say that. I watched some Arlo videos earlier and one of them happened to be the Switch review of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, the controls are far from perfect.

Touch controls are not used much in 3d world. Also you could just do these levels in hand held mode like with Rayman Legends.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The bulk of the game is just 3D platforming.
    The bits that use the touch screen can be done with an on-screen cursor with the control stick, handheld mode or using the gyro sensors of the joycons or the controller itself.
    Tons of solutions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just looking to see what touch controls were in 3D World and saw they also require you to blow in the mic at times as well

Yep, what the hell were Nintendo smoking :):)

Think that was in a few rare situations ... That they could just remove / redesign.

Thinking a 3d world / 3d land mega mix would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sugarman wrote: »
    Sure they had the feature on the original Famicom back in 83!

Player 2 pad ftw!

Report: New nintendo switch revision coming mid 2020

https://www.resetera.com/threads/report-new-nintendo-switch-revision-coming-mid-2020.163266/

Rumours that a 5th Switch iteration is on the way. It's not a rumour, for me at least, it's a done deal. It's said to have improved CPU performance and a magnesium alloy body. Nintendo, now more than ever have to be on the ball, it's a rapidly changing market, and they don’t have a different option to fall back on anymore should one platform be failing.

From Digital Foundry videos, I think some game developers already know it's coming, and that for a portion of games, they'll be able to flick a Switch. It won't be anything groundbreaking, it'll be like games on Wii U when converted to Switch, they look the same, but have a bump in resolution and/or framerate. Same story here. Janky 3rd party ports will have better framerates and resolution. I think it was The Witcher 3 I seen on The Digital Foundry and felt like a slider could be used should an improved Switch model hit the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Having both a let's go Eevee switch console and a switch lite. I can honestly say I'd prefer the original model if the reboot is an improvement on the original not just a Better battery like the recent released switch say sharper screen or 128gb internal storage minimum then I might bite if it's just a reskin or shiny casing on the outside no thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

https://www.lootpots.com/articles/bioshock-the-collection-has-been-rated-for-nintendo-switch-14012020/

BioShock: The Collection has been rated for Nintendo Switch
    Remasters of Bioshock 1, 2 and BioShock Infinite are heading to Switch

Instabuy. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Interested - it's been a while since I replayed then - I can see them being sold for 60, which is good value for someone who has never played them, but it goes into my usual price drop category for now.

If you have never played then, you need to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Guesses as to which is on the cart and which are downloads?

Mr E wrote: »
    https://www.lootpots.com/articles/bioshock-the-collection-has-been-rated-for-nintendo-switch-14012020/

BioShock: The Collection has been rated for Nintendo Switch
    Remasters of Bioshock 1, 2 and BioShock Infinite are heading to Switch

Instabuy. :D

I own them all, own the originals on the 360, also the remasters on the PS4, but I'd triple dip on them, so bloody good.

Bioshock Collection, Saints Row IV, & Metro Redux Rated for Nintendo Switch!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xarRt_UaLck

We heard about the Bioshock Collection and Metro Redux has been rated before. The Saints Row IV is new though, to me at least.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Don't know was it mentioned before or not but To The Moon is supposed to be out on Switch tomorrow.

Played it years ago on PC and it's brilliant.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Don't know was it mentioned before or not but To The Moon is supposed to be out on Switch tomorrow.

Played it years ago on PC and it's brilliant.

A little masterpiece of story telling. Everyone owes it to themselves to play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Absolutely loved it. Made me bawl like a child at the end. :)

FYI €11.99, no major discounts on international eshops.

sligeach wrote: »
    Bioshock Collection, Saints Row IV, & Metro Redux Rated for Nintendo Switch!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xarRt_UaLck

We heard about the Bioshock Collection and Metro Redux has been rated before. The Saints Row IV is new though, to me at least.

Given the performance of the last Saints Row, I'll not be bothering.

Metro is one I'll get on release, as I've never played them, and I've wanted to for a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

chrislad wrote:
    Metro is one I'll get on release, as I've never played them, and I've wanted to for a bit.

Feb 28th release date published by a French retailer.

too many games

too little time

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Metro Redux releasing Feb 28th on Switch.

I wonder if the leak pushed their announcement plans forward. Another great Switch release though, really good game.

https://twitter.com/MetroVideoGame/status/1217808962541752320?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Metro confirmed for the 28th Feb. Great game. I loved it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

All BioShock games on the Switch? Fantastic. Never been sold on the gameplay but would absolutely dive back into the respective worlds. Never played the Metro games though, they look a touch too dour for my blood.

Now if they ever get around to a Switch port of the Arkham Games, the new Deus Ex's, and / or Wii PunchOut, I'll truly be over the moon :D

pixelburp wrote: »
    All BioShock games on the Switch? Fantastic. Never been sold on the gameplay but would absolutely dive back into the respective worlds. Never played the Metro games though, they look a touch too dour for my blood.

Now if they ever get around to a Switch port of the Arkham Games, the new Deus Ex's, and / or Wii PunchOut, I'll truly be over the moon :D

Will To The Moon do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ7XjoSWkR0

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Metro Redux on Nintendo Switch will also be available both physically and digitally, though the two games are seperate purchases on the Nintendo eShop.

The box edition of Metro Redux has both games included on a single 16GB Nintendo Switch cart no additional download is required. “The Ranger Cache pre-order pack is available at selected retailers and contains a Metro Redux pin badge set, Game case sleeve, Double sided alternate artwork inlay, 4 double sided art cards and an A2 double sided posterâ€

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Anyone know if there’s anywhere else selling Tokyo Mirage Sessions besides GameStop (where it’s €59.99)? I don’t see it on the Smyths or Argos site but maybe there’s a chance they’d be getting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

Anyone know if there’s anywhere else selling Tokyo Mirage Sessions besides GameStop (where it’s €59.99)? I don’t see it on the Smyths or Argos site but maybe there’s a chance they’d be getting it?

Something went wrong somewhere, gamestop and argos havent gotten it in due to supplier issues gonna try smyths now but they dont have it advertised

Edit: Smyths dont have it either

See bargains thread ... it's available from amazon de with 2 other games for about 116 delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

nintendoo wrote: »
    See bargains thread ... it's available from amazon de with 2 other games for about 116 delivered.

I know, but I only want this game right now, plus I have all the other titles I want from that offer. I checked instore in Argos, they have it on the system as “coming soon” for €54.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

I know, but I only want this game right now, plus I have all the other titles I want from that offer. I checked instore in Argos, they have it on the system as “coming soon” for €54.99.

Go to the gamestop listing for tokyo mirage sessions and click the instore indicator thing and see where its available, its in some gamestops but not all, id ring them in advance to see. I got a copy eventually had to travel tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Feckin Argos it was €48.99 last night switch tax to the max

Advertisement