Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I couldn't care less about 4k. Partly because I don't have a tv for it, but more because they need to prioritise performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

pixelburp wrote: »
    Anyone played Oddworld Strangers Wrath? Popped up on the Switch yesterday, and while am aware of it as a bit of a cult classic from the Oddworld franchise, I know nobody who has ever played it.

I've got it on a couple platforms but never played it much. That aside I could see myself playing on handheld if it was reasonably priced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Has anyone picked up 198x yet? Reviews are saying it's short but fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Is Street Fighter V: CE Coming to Switch?! Cuz EB Games Just Announced It! (Direct Leak?!)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PZ8shVbv0gk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

10 euro for 1 hour?
    It's just playing off nostalgia.
    The "games" look tacky.

Not sure what it is :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Metacritic for the PC version looks mixed. I like the aesthetic aspects of what it's trying to do, but I also balk at paying a tenner for 1-2 hours of playtime. If I was certain I'd love it, or I thought it offered replayability, I might take a punt on it - but as with Sayonara Wild Hearts, I'm not convinced it's worth the price...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The premise of 198X looked fantastic, and I think a lot on kickstarter got suckered into the promise of faithfully recreated Arcade games from the '80s. €600,000 in donations is not chump change, so that the final gameplay is that thin - while offering games famous for their replayability - is borderline outrageous. Watching some clips, and the actual framing device comes across achingly pretentious. Lots of waffle trying to come across as knowing or deep.

pixelburp wrote: »
    The premise of 198X looked fantastic, and I think a lot on kickstarter got suckered into the promise of faithfully recreated Arcade games from the '80s. €600,000 in donations is not chump change, so that the final gameplay is that thin - while offering games famous for their replayability - is borderline outrageous. Watching some clips, and the actual framing device comes across achingly pretentious. Lots of waffle trying to come across as knowing or deep.

Not sure the advantage of playing simple replicas of retro games on Switch, when you can just play the originals on Switch :) and many many perfect full length homages to the originals. Docked and portable. The Switch is the ultimate retro machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Oddworld was good fun a few years ago not gonna bite at €29.99 though

Oddworld was good fun a few years ago not gonna bite at €29.99 though

Yup! Too much. Someone chancing their arm there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Just seen that Thronebreaker has surprise released on Switch. They said ages back they wouldn't release it on Switch but nice to see it arrive. I've held off on it on other consoles but at 19.99 I'd be very tempted on the Switch, seems perfect game for handheld and I do love me a game of Gwent.

Edit: not sure I mentioned Switch enough there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I don't know much about the game, but reviews are fantastic on Steam (and it's more expensive on Steam, bucking the Switch-tax trend)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/973760/Thronebreaker_The_Witcher_Tales/

KEY FEATURES
    AN ALL NEW EPIC TALE
    Experience an all-new 30-hour Witcher world tale with 20 possible world end-states.
    Embark on a grand adventure full of thought-provoking quests.
    Influence the state of the world around you by making difficult choices and face their consequences.
    Meet a cast of rich, multidimensional characters — some of them will join you on your quest, others you’ll have to face on the battlefield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Mr E wrote: »
    I don't know much about the game, but reviews are fantastic on Steam (and it's more expensive on Steam, bucking the Switch-tax trend)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/973760/Thronebreaker_The_Witcher_Tales/

KEY FEATURES
    AN ALL NEW EPIC TALE
    Experience an all-new 30-hour Witcher world tale with 20 possible world end-states.
    Embark on a grand adventure full of thought-provoking quests.
    Influence the state of the world around you by making difficult choices and face their consequences.
    Meet a cast of rich, multidimensional characters — some of them will join you on your quest, others you’ll have to face on the battlefield.

Its based on Gwent but not supposed to be the same as Gwent in the Witcher 3 but more inline with the actual standalone Gwent game they released. Supposed to have very good voice acting and a nice story full of Witcher lore. It's reviewed very well on all platforms.

Great to see such a reasonable release price. Think it was 29.99 when it released on other platforms and I was definitely expecting that price when I seen it had released on Switch.

Thronebreaker is out now in the US store (as of 3pm)

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/thronebreaker-the-witcher-tales-switch/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I don't see any graphical differences in the Switch specific trailer for Thronebreaker from the old one posted here yesterday. At the same time, it's not a graphically intensive game, so there shouldn't be. It looks kinda like a mobile game, and searched, to find there's a variant called Gwent: The Witcher Card Game, although that seems even more pared back.

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - Launch Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yzz4DUg6adc

Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition - Launch Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JxcUZU0vtLE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Shame, I was interested until Gwent came up. Never seen the appeal of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I got the demo last night, I will give it a proper go this evening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Not yet, but there's a Free Demo available, so have it downloaded and was going to take it a spin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Anyone played this yet?

'The Touryst'

yeah I played and finished it. Its good, but overall not brilliant. Graphics are great, but the gameplay is occasionally infuriating with some dreadful design. Its basically a set of minigames, with some exploration and platforming in between. The platforming is awful, as the camera is not good enough for some of the tricky jumps it will make you do. But, the world is fun to explore, and some f the minigames are a lot of fun. Mixed bag overall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I tried the demo and liked it - I may wait for a sale and pick it up (add it to the growing backlog)

The Outer Worlds is out on Switch on March 6th.
    It will be an empty box in shops (with a download code) - no cartridge.
    See link below.

https://nintendoeverything.com/the-outer-worlds-launches-for-switch-on-march-6/

Will be waiting 'til I see somewhere like Digital Foundry before I jump, hopefully it will be a decent port. Good news all the same.

BTW, anyone looking to play the Touryst demo, be warned: it's about 15 minutes long. At most.

Ash of Gods Redemption supposed to be out tomorrow looks a very nice SRPG from Russian crowd reasonable at €35 for a boxed version, wonder how much eshop will charge

Ash of Gods Redemption supposed to be out tomorrow looks a very nice SRPG from Russian crowd reasonable at €35 for a boxed version, wonder how much eshop will charge

€30-ish digitally everywhere, with Russia at just over €17. :)

https://eshop-prices.com/games/3832-ash-of-gods-redemption?currency=EUR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Mr E wrote:
    The Outer Worlds is out on Switch on March 6th. It will be an empty box in shops (with a download code) - no cartridge. See link below.

Insert expletive here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Animal Crossing themed Switch announced. Has there been a themed dock before, or only the main system?

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1223035247098384385

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think Diablo and Smash had themed docks but don't think there have been any to that AC extent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Nintendo Shareholders Conference going on right now, biggest thing to come out so far is that there will be no new hardware released in 2020.

Mario movie planned for 2022.

• Advertisement

Let's go Pikachu/Eevee console had a very detailed decal on both switch and dock

Advertisement