Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Wow - Underwhelmed is an understatement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,782 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

On the positive side Shadow of the Ninja is an absolutely cracking game and one of the very best on the NES and Pop n'twinbee is great as well although I'd prefer Rainbow Bell Adventure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,782 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    On the positive side Shadow of the Ninja is an absolutely cracking game and one of the very best on the NES and Pop n'twinbee is great as well although I'd prefer Rainbow Bell Adventure.

Pop'n Twinbee is fantastic news, the only downside is I bought the arcade version on the JP Eshop a couple of weeks ago, so it's a bit like doubling up, and then I already have it on a cart.
    Shadow of the Ninja is supposed to be great as Retr0 says

For god's sake, just give us a Sega Virtua Cop compilation, followed by a House of the Dead collection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

For god's sake, just give us a Sega Virtua Cop compilation, followed by a House of the Dead collection!

House of the Dead was announced already I think! No real details available, but apparently some sort of remaster is planned. Needs a joy con light gun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

pasta-solo wrote: »
    House of the Dead was announced already I think! No real details available, but apparently some sort of remaster is planned. Needs a joy con light gun!

...or a keyboard for... the other game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Always found House of the Dead games (the arcade versions at least) the kind of games where it's designed to get people to pump extra coins into them by being unfair in lots of situations unless you're already aware of what's coming...

House of the Dead Overkill was the first one I properly enjoyed. Was a hell of a lot of fun, albeit horrible in many ways! :D

If they re-released that, I'd be all over it again.

Still have my two "Hand Cannon" Wiimote adapters... they were great, if a little front heavy for prolonged sessions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Star Lord wrote: »
    Still have my two "Hand Cannon" Wiimote adapters... they were great, if a little front heavy for prolonged sessions!

Those things were so cool! I miss the ridiculous Wii era accessories! Labo scratched that itch a little, but was too expensive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The second one on the Dreamcast was an amazing game, and I have a lot of love for the Saturn original, both of which I own.
    The third one on the Xbox didn't feel as great.
    Overkill was just a totally different approach and was tons of fun, I have it on the Wii and PS3...
    I don't have Typing of the Dead, must pick that up, I have the keyboard already for the DC...

But Virtua Cop 2 is just fantastic, that I need!

Actually find the House of the Dead games perfectly fair in the same way the Virtua Cop games where. HoD 4 is a bit less forgiving due to the Uzi but you can still master it.

Would love a god proper port of HOD1. The Saturn version is grand but looks awful.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Actually find the House of the Dead games perfectly fair in the same way the Virtua Cop games where. HoD 4 is a bit less forgiving due to the Uzi but you can still master it.

Would love a god proper port of HOD1. The Saturn version is grand but looks awful.

I kind of have to post this,
    With you and the A&R Beers in mind!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Overkill was just a totally different approach and was tons of fun, I have it on the Wii and PS3...

Oh man I remember that game, that was a blast. I'd love a remaster of that. Might give it a try with Dolphin later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bro down. WE GOT OURSELVES A BRO DOWN.

Thinking of grabbing Darksiders Genesis later from Argos looks good.

I repeat We gonna have us a good old fashioned Bro Down

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I loved Typing of the Dead, especially the adult DLC :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I loved Typing of the Dead, especially the adult DLC :D

The Shakespeare one is great too, makes it quite hard though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bloodroots is a game I heard about last year and it's coming to Switch on Feb 28th. It's a twitchy fast one hit kill action game and looks great. Here is a PS4 gameplay trailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That's the 3rd April, the Americans write it the wrong way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Hey guys

Looking for some recommendations. Are there any other games on the Switch that can compete with Mario Kart for some couch co-op? Been playing it to death with the kids the last few months and its some craic.

We have Mario Party and while its alright for a short while, its just not as much fun. Also tried the Sonic Racing game but its not the same.

It doesn't have to be a racing game by the way, any genre really but that it's good for 4 player couch co op.

I've probably lost track of all the games as I've gotten older so hopefully someone can recommend some hidden gem.

Cheers

Switchwatch did a video recently on that topic...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Cheers Mr E, might actually take a look at Aces of the Luftwaffe. Something a bit different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

SK1979 wrote: »
    Cheers Mr E, might actually take a look at Aces of the Luftwaffe. Something a bit different.

Unravel two supposed to be great for 2 players and it's going cheap in eshop sale at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I've enjoyed Overcooked 1&2, sniper clips and unravel 2 for couch co-op.

Warface is out now on Switch. Free download, MMO, Call of Duty style.
    Nintendo Online subscription not required to play.

Runs on CryEngine (first game on Switch to run on that engine), so it looks nice too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The Witcher 3 edition of the Switch is now indispensible for me. Cross platform saves with Steam/GoG and adjustable graphics options! Unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

platform saves with Steam/GoG

Wow when did that happen :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Digital Foundry look at Metro Redux. Best quote "from what I've played it is basically perfect".

If you didn't play these on PS3 or the Redux on PS4, then this is a great purchase as they are great games.

4A game made this port themselves, it is cut to 30fps and has some concessions but on par with the PS4 version not the PS3 one.

Interestingly they say the controls are really good and responsive.

https://youtu.be/CXP3t3uPeTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Some seriously good development teams porting to switch at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Digital Foundry look at Metro Redux. Best quote "from what I've played it is basically perfect".

If you didn't play these on PS3 or the Redux on PS4, then this is a great purchase as they are great games.

Just finished the Redux pack on PS4 this month, having had it sitting there unplayed for years. I could have waited another few months!

The games are showing their age a little bit, but I really liked them - especially Last Light.

• Advertisement

tailgunner wrote: »
    Just finished the Redux pack on PS4 this month, having had it sitting there unplayed for years. I could have waited another few months!

The games are showing their age a little bit, but I really liked them - especially Last Light.

It took me a few goes to get through the first one as I kept starting it getting distracted, restarting it, but once I got a good go I really liked it. The ending was great. Last Light was great too. They are of their time alright. Lots of "movie moments" but I don't have a decent shooter on Switch so I'm looking forward to it. Especially since Outer Worlds got delayed.

Advertisement