Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The Witcher 3 edition of the Switch is now indispensible for me. Cross platform saves with Steam/GoG and adjustable graphics options! Unreal

Being able to turn off the heavy blur in handheld mode was a game changer for me, as handheld it just looked like vasoline-o-vision previously. Tweaking the settings now gives a pretty damn impressive presentation, and is much more playable (for me at least) because of that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'll have to give Witcher another go with all these updates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Same, couldn't get into Witcher at all when I last tried. Maybe nicer graphics will help, but I'm still not sure its the game for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The Witcher 3 edition of the Switch is now indispensible for me. Cross platform saves with Steam/GoG and adjustable graphics options! Unreal

Boo-urns to me! Looks like I finished the Witcher 3 before the cloud saves, or I didn't enable it, so I have nothing despite a few dozen hours invested! Ah well. I can do it all again! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Same, couldn't get into Witcher at all when I last tried. Maybe nicer graphics will help, but I'm still not sure its the game for me.

Presume you've played BOTW - so why couldn't you get into the Witcher. Interested, as I'd like to get the Witcher. Also I'll have to give up my day job to play it and the kids can eat cornflakes. But, such is life. :)

But I'll probably wait until I grab a cheap PS4 or XBOX 'cause I rarely play handheld on switch ... and want to play this on a big screen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

nintendoo wrote: »
    Presume you've played BOTW - so why couldn't you get into the Witcher.

I couldn't get into The Witcher BECAUSE I played BOTW :D

It just felt a little stiff and took itself so seriously. I hear very good things about it though, so its worth a try for sure. If I'm not enjoying a game after a few hours, I'm prety quick to drop it in favour of something I like. Life's too short to struggle through games/books/tv shows you're not into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭peter4918

pasta-solo wrote: »
    I couldn't get into The Witcher BECAUSE I played BOTW :D

It just felt a little stiff and took itself so seriously. I hear very good things about it though, so its worth a try for sure. If I'm not enjoying a game after a few hours, I'm prety quick to drop it in favour of something I like. Life's too short to struggle through games/books/tv shows you're not into.

I agree with this, my playtime is limited these days so I need to play stuff I enjoy. I started Skyrim after BOTW and just could not get into it and traded it shortly afterwards. I’ve only a few hours gone into The Witcher 3 and it’s not grabbing me either so I started Darksiders instead on the Switch and really enjoying that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Witcher 3 can take a while to see its full potential though. A lot of the side quests interlink with the main quests and each other so it can take a while to see the effects of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

BOTW puts a bit of a downer buzz on other open world efforts to be honest. Basic **** like being able to climb just about anything in BOTW makes everything else seem half-outdated.

That said, I'm a very recent convert to the school of "Witcher 3 is one of the GOATs." Just an absurdly involving game up and down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

peter4918 wrote: »
    I agree with this, my playtime is limited these days so I need to play stuff I enjoy. I started Skyrim after BOTW and just could not get into it and traded it shortly afterwards. I’ve only a few hours gone into The Witcher 3 and it’s not grabbing me either so I started Darksiders instead on the Switch and really enjoying that.

Is that the new Darksiders Genisis game. It looks interesting. I loved Darksiders 1 and this looks in the same light just different camera angle.

• Advertisement

I bought it haven't tried it yet have Snack World too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone playing the Witcher on the switch lite? Just wondering how the text size is in game, (I usually play with subtitles on) and the in game menus in terms of readability?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Anyone playing the Witcher on the switch lite? Just wondering how the text size is in game, (I usually play with subtitles on) and the in game menus in terms of readability?

Have zero problems with the text, an also playing on a lite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

i recently got Witcher 3 (not on Switch). I started and did the tutorial, and then just left it. It's not that i don't think it would be good - i think it would! It's just one of those games that demands your total attention and quite a chunk of your time, and i'm not willing to give it that at the moment. Maybe at some point in the future!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Is there any reason at all to think there might be a new Mario Kart ever?

MK8 is flippin 6 years old by now.

Any hint of a rumour or anything?

Servers still hopping so probably new character dlc would be best hope. Still haven't bought it myself it's on the list for summer I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time out in the summer. Looks class! :)

Looks great! Great character for a video game too.

Is there any info on Panzer Dragoon yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

manual_man wrote: »
    i recently got Witcher 3 (not on Switch). I started and did the tutorial, and then just left it. It's not that i don't think it would be good - i think it would! It's just one of those games that demands your total attention and quite a chunk of your time, and i'm not willing to give it that at the moment. Maybe at some point in the future!
    I find it good for pick-up-and-put-down playing. There's loads of small quests you can do if you only have 5-10mins and even the main story line bits can be paused and resumed if you just hit the power button.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Started the Witcher 3 last night after trying and failing for the 4th time to get into Witcher 2. Not sure why but I just found the combat clunky and inaccessible in Witcher 2. Even basic fights resulted in death and a lot of back-tracking. Not sure I've the patience for it. Witcher 3 has good depth but the combat seems more fluid and accessible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yesterday's Yacht Club Games presentation (12mins)

Trailer for Cyber-Shadow
    Shovel Knight Retrospective
    Patch Notes for the next update to Treasure Trove
    Shovel Knight Dig delayed to 2021
    2 new games in development (no details yet)
    Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon announced (no release date yet)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A Ninja-Gaidan-alike eh? Well I'm terrible at those sorts of games, so I immediately hate it :D Part of me had wondered if Yacht Club's next release might dabble in a 16-bit palette instead of keeping with the 8-bit form.

Started the Witcher 3 last night after trying and failing for the 4th time to get into Witcher 2. Not sure why but I just found the combat clunky and inaccessible in Witcher 2. Even basic fights resulted in death and a lot of back-tracking. Not sure I've the patience for it. Witcher 3 has good depth but the combat seems more fluid and accessible.

Got into W3 until the point where you answer the questions to outline your path in W2. Couldn't do it in good conscience. Trying W2 for the 5th time. Going better than before tho. Think I might stick.

Got into W3 until the point where you answer the questions to outline your path in W2. Couldn't do it in good conscience. Trying W2 for the 5th time. Going better than before tho. Think I might stick.

Hooked.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/03/were_getting_serious_captain_toad_vibes_from_new_switch_puzzler_mekorama

Mekorama ... Captain toad like puzzler ...
    But just doesn't have that crystal clear design, super smooth animation, gorgeous music and beauty of captain toad.

I'm just saying that Nintendo have the chops and the cash to polish the **** out of their first party games.

Thinking a captain toad treasure tracker adventure RPG would be cool. Shame to waste those Mario 3d world graphics and aesthetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

nintendoo wrote: »
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/03/were_getting_serious_captain_toad_vibes_from_new_switch_puzzler_mekorama

Mekorama ... Captain toad like puzzler ...
    But just doesn't have that crystal clear design, super smooth animation, gorgeous music and beauty of captain toad.

I'm just saying that Nintendo have the chops and the cash to polish the **** out of their first party games.

Thinking a captain toad treasure tracker adventure RPG would be cool. Shame to waste those Mario 3d world graphics and aesthetic

Played Mekorama about 5 years ago on Android (might be an exaggeration). It is a fun puzzler and all but really is a mobile game. If anyone wants to try it get it much cheaper in their phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The Persistence, previously a PSVR exclusive, is releasing on all other 'flat' platforms including Switch.

Really good game on PSVR, quite tough too. Will be a nice addition to Switch catalogue, especially for anyone looking for that Alien, Dead Space etc type game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Advertisement

I don't want to beat Nook I want to humiliate him

Advertisement