Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't want to beat Nook I want to humiliate him

I hate Nook with a passion, the lousy fecker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Xenoblade chronicles up on the eshop now... No release date though.

Hinting for an immediate drop post surprise covid19 direct this week?

I think some shop had previously listed it for 31 March release, then taken it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It was 29th May and was listed by 2 Scandinavian retailers, Coolshop and Spelbutiken. It was also listed on the Australian eShop at the same time. I think it's been up on the American eshop for a while, I could be wrong though. The South Korean ratings board approved it a few weeks ago, so you can say with near certainty that it'll be out in 2 or 3 months at most. It's a brilliant game, one of the best, but you all know my feelings on high priced ports or remasters. I own a couple of solus copies on Wii, 3 Collector's Editions with red Classic Controllers Pro and digitally on Wii U, so I did my bit for its sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

The museum looks beautifully rendered in the new animal crossing. Given current world events I think this game will do incredibly well. It's like bottled joy. Well done Nintendo.

Looks like ring fit adventure is about to become extremely popular ... and people will buy a switch just to play it.

(Edit)
    Hmmm that post sounds insensitive to the tragedy in the world at the moment ... just to be clear I didn't mean it that way. I was just pointing out that that Nintendo has another huge hit and system seller on their hands.

Also I like this game as it gives people who might not normally exercise a kick start in their home. Plus it's a great game for non gamers and older people to get moving and gaming ...just like Wii sports was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It's sold out in most Dublin stores I went out today to find one as I need to keep rehabbing my foot and leg somehow cancelled my animal crossing deposit and took eshop cards instead as if things close down I'm buying it on eshop picked up my hero for switch too. It looks interesting

It's sold out in most Dublin stores I went out today to find one as I need to keep rehabbing my foot and leg somehow cancelled my animal crossing deposit and took eshop cards instead as if things close down I'm buying it on eshop picked up my hero for switch too. It looks interesting

Smyths Letterkenny has 8. Looks like Donegal is not a Nintendo stronghold :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,259 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I got mine already so I left those 8 for other people

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

When I was buying Trine the other day there was a couple trying to buy a Switch, to no avail as they were all sold out
    Edit: Seems their website suggests they have them in stock, they must have been after a specific edition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sold my switch lite in preparation of getting a phone but no phone in stock so now I want an animal crossing switch on Friday this might be my apathy speaking but I hope I get one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

With the new animal crossing rating so well .. it looks like the switch will have the best versions of the Nintendo franchises ...Smash, Kart, 3d Zelda, AC, 3d Mario, 2d Mario maybe, Mario Maker, Fire Emblem, Splatoon, Luigi mansion ...

Looks like they dropped the ball with Mario party. Hasn't even been DLC for it. Ditto for Mario tennis. Also Yoshi should have got the love that Maker, AC, etc received. It really needed something fresh and new. Still waiting for a proper fresh new top down Zelda. Eg expand on what they started with a link between worlds.

Another retailer has listed the Xenoblade Chronicles remaster releasing on 29th May, this time it's Amazon Mexico. That's at least 3 now that have mentioned that exact date and it's a Friday.

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/product/B085WV7H7W/

medium_Shadow.JPG

N64 Favorite Shadow Man Remaster Announced for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
    Party like it's 1999.

https://ie.ign.com/articles/n64-favorite-shadow-man-remaster-announced-for-pc-ps4-xbox-one-and-nintendo-switch

I loved that game on the N64. It was kind of scary too. I unfortunately never finished it as I got stuck and didn't know what to do next. It's one of the few games where that happened, I was young and it wasn't like jumping on the Internet these days for a solution. I hope this remaster turns out well and I will for certain buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Preordered Doom in Gamestop AGES ago, what are my options on Friday to actually get it?

Yes i realise, in the scheme of things it's not that important...

Preordered Doom in Gamestop AGES ago, what are my options on Friday to actually get it?

I'm in the same boat for Animal Crossing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

The Switch version is not released this Friday - which console did you order for? Gamestop may be releasing pre orders tomorrows, based on their Twitter post today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

pasta-solo wrote: »
    The Switch version is not released this Friday - which console did you order for? Gamestop may be releasing pre orders tomorrows, based on their Twitter post today.

Well, that is crushing

Well, that is crushing

Doom 64 is releasing for Switch on Friday, and is only a fiver, so that's good news! Also, some little indie by the name of Animal Crossing looks good, I'm predicting big things for the devs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Emailed Smyth's last week about ACNH
    No change so far

Thanks for getting in touch.

Your question is an entirely reasonable one. We share your view that we all need to be particularly careful given the current concerns expressed by public health authorities.

In the unlikely event, that the Smyths Toys store you placed your pre-order with is closed, alternative arrangements will be made regarding your pre-order collection

Sunset Riders, Gradius & Trigon announced as coming to the Switch as part of the Arcade Archives series. Sunset Riders is great fun!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/03/konamis_cowboy_classic_sunset_riders_is_galloping_to_switch_soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Emailed Smyth's last week about ACNH
    No change so far

Thanks for getting in touch.

Your question is an entirely reasonable one. We share your view that we all need to be particularly careful given the current concerns expressed by public health authorities.

In the unlikely event, that the Smyths Toys store you placed your pre-order with is closed, alternative arrangements will be made regarding your pre-order collection

Just a quick update to confirm our stores will be open for you to collect your order. You will receive an email and a text message when your order is ready for collection. Please only come to our store to collect your order when you have received notification that it is ready.

To ensure the health and safety of all our customers and staff we will be implementing social distancing in our stores. Social distancing is where we keep two metres apart to help stop the spread of the virus. Therefore, we will be restricting the number of collections at any one time. If there is a queue when collecting your order, please keep a distance of two metres between you and other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Folks, anyone hear any update on a Bios hock release date? If I'm going to be social distancing, might as well be at the bottom of the ocean, blasting crazed clowns...

Xofpod wrote: »
    Folks, anyone hear any update on a Bios hock release date? If I'm going to be social distancing, might as well be at the bottom of the ocean, blasting crazed clowns...

I don't think it's even been formally announced yet, just heavily rumoured. There are also rumours that we'll get a Nintendo Direct next week, so if that happens I imagine it will be announced and dated then.

‘Resident Evil 3 Remake’ Datamine Rumored To Suggest Nintendo Switch Port

https://www.inquisitr.com/5960144/resident-evil-3-nintendo-switch/

Capcom are lazy *****, so if it does happen, I could see it being streamed like Resident Evil 7 in Japan. And if it does come West, you can forget about a proper physical release on a cartridge. It would take some big sacrifices too if it's not streamed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    ‘Resident Evil 3 Remake’ Datamine Rumored To Suggest Nintendo Switch Port

https://www.inquisitr.com/5960144/resident-evil-3-nintendo-switch/

Capcom are lazy *****, so if it does happen, I could see it being streamed like Resident Evil 7 in Japan. And if it does come West, you can forget about a proper physical release on a cartridge. It would take some big sacrifices too if it's not streamed.

I played the demo on PC the other day and the game is really good looking. It's hard to know how it'd run on the Switch without that streaming solution.

Resident Evil 2 remaster was a brilliant game and I'd imagine this one will be just as good.

It doesn't make sense at all unless they use cloud streaming. Also, why would they do the remake of 3 first instead of 2? Revelations 2 was heavily downgraded on Switch, this would be on a whole other level.

The Wonderful 101: Remastered is coming to Switch, PS4 and Steam! (60sec Trailer)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HFjU9y3uUtg

• Advertisement

CANADIAN SWITCH ESHOP LISTING CONFIRMS STAR WARS: JEDI KNIGHT: JEDI ACADEMY AS LAUNCHING ON MARCH 26TH, 2020
    Buy it, you must

https://gonintendo.com/stories/357858-canadian-switch-eshop-listing-confirms-star-wars-jedi-knight-je

If only there were some sort of presentation where Nintendo could officially announce this later today. ;)

Advertisement