Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I found Jedi Knight a struggle to get into - too much iffy FPS before you get into the 3rd person lightsaber mode. This gets right into it, so it may have aged better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I recall Jedi Academy having a less enjoyable SP experience though; you could create your own character so it lost some of that curated experience you got from a prescribed story and plot. It did start with the sabre combat much earlier though. Pity Star Wars games are such rare pearls these days, I miss the wide range of genres you could look forward to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wonder will it be as cheap as jedi Knight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

If they're doing old star wars games then KOTOR 1 & 2 would be amazing. If anyone is watching... DEW EET.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I still click into this thread with the lingering hope that either (the modern) Deus Ex or Dishonoured franchises might pop up on Switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

pixelburp wrote: »
    I still click into this thread with the lingering hope that either (the modern) Deus Ex or Dishonoured franchises might pop up on Switch.
    I'm hoping for a Metroid Prime Trilogy port :pac:. There's rumors it's in the works but no sign yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I recall Jedi Academy having a less enjoyable SP experience though; you could create your own character so it lost some of that curated experience you got from a prescribed story and plot. It did start with the sabre combat much earlier though. Pity Star Wars games are such rare pearls these days, I miss the wide range of genres you could look forward to.

Yeah, the Sabre Combat and additional disciplines are great. The actual levels are trash though, it's a huge throwback to the early days of FPS (which was old hat when it first came out, never mind now!) of "search for key, open door, search for key, open door".

that said, it's all worth it for the final level, where the dark side and light side forces clash and if you've played your cards right (or very, very wrong) every one of them wants your blood. And will die choking, lightning-burned and screaming trying to get it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Are cdkeys reliable? I know some of the key websites are not the best? Is this a good place to buy digital or are they better places with comparable prices? Thanks

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Are cdkeys reliable? I know some of the key websites are not the best? Is this a good place to buy digital or are they better places with comparable prices? Thanks

Very reliable. Used them loads of times. One of the best ones to use. They are totally legitimate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

DeSelby83 wrote: »

They just resell legit keys from cheaper regions to you. It's called the grey market. It's nothing like the dodgy sites as at least the devs get some money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/super-mario-bros-35th-anniversary/

Not confirmed, but this sounds hopeful! Mario Galaxy on Switch would be awesome, plus new Mario titles to (hopefully) look forward to!

"As part of its anniversary celebrations, Nintendo will reveal plans to re-release most of Super Mario’s 35-year back catalogue this year, remastered for Nintendo Switch, VGC was told.

Nintendo will also release several other Mario titles in 2020, including a new instalment in the Paper Mario series."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

New release

Zombie Army Trilogy ....
    Killing Nazis?
    Killing zombies?
    Killing nazi zombies + Nazi Zombie Hitler

pasta-solo wrote: »

Not confirmed, but this sounds hopeful! Mario Galaxy on Switch would be awesome, plus new Mario titles to (hopefully) look forward to!

"As part of its anniversary celebrations, Nintendo will reveal plans to re-release most of Super Mario’s 35-year back catalogue this year, remastered for Nintendo Switch, VGC was told.

Nintendo will also release several other Mario titles in 2020, including a new instalment in the Paper Mario series."

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Would be epic if true. But I won't get my hopes up just yet. Roll on the next Direct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Sounds like some one is telling lies ...

But if not I'll have Super Mario Galaxy I/II, Paper Mario 1000 year door, and Mario Sunshine. Haven't played the last 2. Maybe 3d World/Land too.

It's not too much to hope for :-) :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

No, I think this is real. There's been rumours for months about various Mario related re-releases being in the works. And since the story broke, a few sites have as good as confirmed it's true. Sure anyway, Nintendo love these sort of releases, less effort, but still charge full price.

And Colour Splash, whilst not amazing, that game engine is too gorgeous not to use again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'm glad there is a new Paper Mario game in the works but between the 3DS & Switch I think Nintendo has been getting a bit too fond of remakes and re-releases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Super Mario RPG on the SNES classic collection please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Galaxy already available in HD on Nvidia shield in China.

So that should be happening.

The music in Galaxy 1 is just the best Mario soundtrack and video game soundtrack I think. Gusty garden galaxy , buoy base galaxy , honey hive galaxy... I think Galaxy 1 is the best 3d Mario. It never lets up, music, graphics, gameplay. Hopefully it looks great in HD and they have 60 FPS. Also ... Maybe some new galaxies to explore.

Think the motion controls on Switch will be fine for the star bit pointer thingy ...

There is so much in that game. I really don't know how the hell the managed it in Wii. And still to this day, there are people who never got past Wii sports to play this magnificent game.

Ok, time to calm down. Good news !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,259 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As someone who has the HD/3DS remakes of the 3D Zelda games, as well as the originals and 3 copies of each of the 3 Metroid Prime games(1+2 on GC, 3 on Wii, Trilogy on Wii, Trilogy on Wii U), I don't know if I would get these. Will see how they're released first, I suppose.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    As someone who has the HD/3DS remakes of the 3D Zelda games, as well as the originals and 3 copies of each of the 3 Metroid Prime games(1+2 on GC, 3 on Wii, Trilogy on Wii, Trilogy on Wii U), I don't know if I would get these. Will see how they're released first, I suppose.

I currently only have a 3DS copy of OoT (Will like get MM during this pandemic) - but I would happily pay for

* Wind Waker
    * Twilight Princess
    * Super Mario Galaxy 1 + 2
    * Metroid Prime Trilogy
    * OoT
    * MM

Go on, Nintendo. That's an easy 200+ :D

According to EuroGamer, the titles will be Galaxy, Mario 64 & Sunshine as the 3 remasters for an "All Stars 2" collection.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-03-31-more-details-emerge-on-nintendos-mario-remasters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

That would be amazing, hope this happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Galaxy 2 will be released as paid DLC for "Super Mario All-Stars 2". ;) (though not beyond the realms of possibility) That's good news about Paper Mario, if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

According to EuroGamer, the titles will be Galaxy, Mario 64 & Sunshine as the 3 remasters for an "All Stars 2" collection.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-03-31-more-details-emerge-on-nintendos-mario-remasters
    Nice. Never finished Sunshine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jesus that collection would be incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Well that's an insta-buy/pre-order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Beautiful! Never had Galaxy, only the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

Mario 64 would be a dream come through for me.

• Advertisement

Mario 64 got a partial update on DS, right? I wonder if this version will build upon that or be a full remaster from the ground up. Ditto Sunshine. Never could play, or even watch, N64 games due to the awful frame-rate. Early 3D era was an eyeball tester :D

Advertisement