Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Journey to the savage planet is coming to switch in June. £23 on Game collection

https://www.thegamecollection.net/journey-to-the-savage-planet-switch/?sqr=Savage%20planet&

https://youtu.be/SKdROYLe2yc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

_3161173b.jpg?sid=cc01f9c8d04e832bafcfb00a4658bb9b
    Natsume Inc., a worldwide developer and publisher of family-oriented video games, and Rising Star Games, video game publisher and long-standing partner of Natsume, today announced their latest title, Harvest Moon: One World for Nintendo Switch. Harvest Moon: One World will be launching later this year, distributed by Nintendo of Europe in European countries.

Fledgling farmers will explore an entire world full of new and familiar faces, unique villages, and adventurous challenges while managing their growing farm. The new title is being developed with an all-new engine and graphics.

“Harvest Moon: One World features a brand-new way of exploring Harvest Moon that seasoned players and new generations will both enjoy,” said Hiro Maekawa, President and CEO of Natsume. “Over the decades, Harvest Moon has evolved but has always retained the traditional, family-friendly farming fun that the franchise is known for. The new engine and new graphics will upgrade this experience for 2020. We are so excited to share more about the features of Harvest Moon: One World in the coming months.”

Can you imagine a world without tomatoes, strawberries, or even cabbage? In the latest entry in the Harvest Moon series, that’s the situation players will find themselves in. Only an old book gives hints of what once was… Buoyed by a mysterious discovery, players will find themselves setting out on an adventure that spans not only their hometown but the whole world! What kind of people and places await? From the gorgeous beaches of Halo Halo to the snowy mountains of Salmiakki, there’s literally an entire world to explore.

“Rising Star Games has been partnering with Natsume for nearly two decades.” said Brjann Sigurgeirsson of Thunderful Publishing and Rising Star Games. “Harvest Moon is the very series that started the farming genre, always innovating and bringing fresh ideas whilst attracting new players. With the invaluable support of Nintendo of Europe, we will continue to carry the torch of this successful series into 2020 and beyond for Pan-European regions with the release of Harvest Moon: One World for Nintendo Switch.

PR Announcement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

sligeach wrote: »
    _3161173b.jpg?sid=cc01f9c8d04e832bafcfb00a4658bb9b

PR Announcement

They've been seeing the $$$ that animal crossing is making , and want a piece of that action !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

nintendoo wrote: »
    They've been seeing the $$$ that animal crossing is making , and want a piece of that action !

Jokes on them, we already have Stardew Valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Rhyme wrote: »
    Jokes on them, we already have Stardew Valley.

Harvest Moon has been around since the SNES and basically been the same game since then. A lot of what Animal Crossing does is basically derived from it. When Stardew Valley was released they basically addressed the longterm issues of the HM series with ease.
    I find that the likes of Stardew are a more interesting game than Animal Crossing as the days are shorter, you can rear poultry/animals, you are kept on your toes with the maintaining/running of a farm, you have mining and its not actively made worse by in game events.

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Harvest Moon has been around since the SNES and basically been the same game since then. A lot of what Animal Crossing does is basically derived from it. When Stardew Valley was released they basically addressed the longterm issues of the HM series with ease.
    I find that the likes of Stardew are a more interesting game than Animal Crossing as the days are shorter, you can rear poultry/animals, you are kept on your toes with the maintaining/running of a farm, you have mining and its not actively made worse by in game events.

Stardew valley developer based his game on HM. There is an article online of him talking to HM developer. He did the game engine, graphics, music himself. Big achievement , plus he got his reward. Good indie dev story !

The Wonderful 101 is getting mixed reviews for its Remaster. From IGN giving it 9/10 to Gamespot giving it 4/10. It's on 70% from 6 reviews thus far.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/the-wonderful-101-remastered/critic-reviews

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

The Wonderful 101 is getting mixed reviews for its Remaster. From IGN giving it 9/10 to Gamespot giving it 4/10. It's on 70% from 6 reviews thus far.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/the-wonderful-101-remastered/critic-reviews

Think I’ll hold out until that bastion of impartiality reviews it, your favourite website, Nintendo Life! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I predict an 8. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I'm getting excited for this despite Colour Splash and Sticker Star being a thing. It looks to be like Super in that the turn-based is gone again?

July 17th! Wow. That looks amazing. :)

Short combat sequence.
    I wonder if all battles are on this circular playing field? Looks like a great evolution of the Paper Mario battles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Was that a Metroid 4 tease/trolling effort at the end of the main trailer?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Never played a Paper Mario before, and watching that trailer, I find myself wondering ... why? That looks absolutely great fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

svipvpcjdtf2pnryimi6.png

Another screen of the combat. Looks to be that you might only have a certain amount of moves for the rings, and a timer to get the most amount of enemies lined as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Definitely would have been kept for a Direct in normal times. Really looking forward to this, hopefully a return to form.

Looks like there may be a Demo coming soon too.

Edit: Demo just a rumour it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That looks superb, and a not-too-distant release!
    Loved 1000 year door and Super Paper Mario, the others I could take or leave, but judging from what they've shown there, it looks great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Metroid Prime 4's new art style revealed :P

Annotation-2020-05-14-130414.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Metroid Prime VR for Labo VR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I never noticed the Donkey King mask in the bottom right of the shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,498 ✭✭✭Nollog

I am excited to get the new Paper Mario.

Please do the series justice Nintendo...
    Corholio wrote: »
    Metroid Prime 4's new art style revealed :P

Annotation-2020-05-14-130414.png

My guess is amiibo support.

That looks fun, different and clever. Looks like the kinda thing that could be a smash on the Switch. New audience for the series. And nice that they created an entirely new game and not a remake.

Here's to a few more announcements in the coming weeks ...

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

Please paper mario be good, please be good, pleeeeese be goooood!

I'm getting strong Colour Splash vibes off this, aesthetically. I said before that the game engine was gorgeous and they'd be foolish not to use it again. GameXplain will have a field day on this trailer, there's so much packed in, I've been watching it over and over. Another thing Colour Splash and The Origami King have in common is the same colours in their logos.
    EX_fITNXQAAi-do?format=jpg&name=small

EX_e2iVX0AE950f?format=jpg&name=medium

PGA Tour 2K21 - Official Announcement Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UsfYeLABYgo
    PGA Tour 2K21 will release worldwide on August 21, 2020 for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC and Stadia.

It's 2K, so they'll probably put a golf ball on the Switch cartridge, with the rest as a 72GB download. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,322 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

PGA Tour 2K21 - Official Announcement Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UsfYeLABYgo

It's 2K, so they'll probably put a golf ball on the Switch cartridge, with the rest as a 72GB download. :p

Will be full of micro transactions as well.

LIBERATED - Nintendo Switch Release Date Announcement Trailer [ESRB]

https://youtube.com/watch?v=d1LkSI7JL5w
    Join the revolution and fight the system in this hand-drawn comic adventure shooter. Anytime and anywhere on Nintendo Switch.
    Welcome to a brave new world. Undeniable truth and personal freedoms are dying. The revolution is near. Rise in the bloodstained struggle for a land of the free.

Forget everything you know about comics. Immerse yourself in a dark, rain-soaked city. Use your wits, hack the system, sneak, and solve puzzles. And when the hell breaks loose, dispense picturesque headshots for great justice. Let the stunning hand-drawn art and action unite on the pages of this noir cyberpunk story.

You are watched every minute of every hour of every day.
    Accept it. Or start a fire.

What is Liberated?

- Side-scrolling action - Intense adventure brimming with gunfights, stealth, puzzles, and platforming action.
    - Cyberpunk Near-future - Social networks, facial recognition, fake news, citizen credit systems. A familiar world in which technology empowers control over the people.
    - Order & Revolution - A story of authoritarianism—how it is born in a democracy and consumes it. Liberated men and women rise against the new world order, but at what cost?
    - Multiple Perspectives - A dramatic story told through unique points of view. Play as individuals locked in a clash of ideals. This is not a simple tale of good versus evil, and you must witness what transpires from many points of view to parse the truth.

https://imgur.com/a/DADcGt6

Releases on 2nd June.

This site is so unbelievably slow at times.

• Advertisement

Pinch of salt at the ready. So we heard the rumours before about Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario All-Stars 2, Pikmin 3 and Paper Mario coming to Switch. We've had the latter's announcement, but it's possible that the others are coming as well and that they're Nintendo's lineup for the rest of the year.

I still can't see Nintendo being that generous and putting several titles in Super Mario All-Stars 2, though they do need something at Christmas and to combat the new consoles. But the other 2, ya, I could see it happening. It's disappointing to me if this is their schedule, they're all existing games. Pikmin 3 is supposed to be the next announcement and it's happening this week.
    "Other Nintendo studios will have games ready for release soon, as well. That includes the 3D Mario remasters, but it should also include Pikmin 3 Deluxe."

https://venturebeat.com/2020/05/14/paper-mario-the-origami-king-revealed-with-july-launch-date/

He says don't expect any more than the above games from Nintendo this year.

Advertisement