Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Potata: Fairy Flower - official Nintendo Switch gameplay trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mGtKfuQCmck
    OverGamez and Potata Company are pleased to reveal Potata: Fairy Flower for Nintendo Switch. In this adventure platform game, you will join the quest of Potata, an oddly-named young witch who travels deep into a magical forest in search of herself. Immerse yourself into a picture-perfect fantasy – solve numerous puzzles, search for treasure, fight enemies, and reveal all the secrets.

The game releases on June 6 for $12 – and is already available for pre-purchase with a 25% discount.
    The magical world of Potata: Fairy Flower is inhabited by fantastic creatures, each with their own personality and story. Learn what secrets your village is hiding and make new friends — or maybe new enemies.

Help Potata become the strongest witch in the village – and don’t forget to save the world, of course!

Key features

- A picturesque fairy tale. Immerse yourself in a world of fantasy adventures along with Potata, a novice witch-in-training.

- Prepare for the quest. Potata: Fairy Flower offers more than 10 hours of the story campaign, where you’ll have to make decisions that affect the outcome of the game.

- A branching patch. Moreover, each level has different side stories and puzzles that can help you avoid encounters with the most dangerous enemies.

- Reveal Potata’s secrets! Solve puzzles and uncover hidden treasure.

- Don’t forget to save the world! It is a quest to find yourself and to protect your home.

Potata: Fairy Flower will be out on Nintendo Switch on June 6. Starting today, the game is available for pre-purchase with 25% off – for $9 or €8.99.

I like the tune in the trailer.

Journey to the Savage Planet brings its Metroid Prime vibes to Nintendo Switch
    It's on the eShop today with a physical Switch edition to follow

https://www.destructoid.com/journey-to-the-savage-planet-brings-its-metroid-prime-vibes-to-nintendo-switch-591608.phtml

Journey to the Savage Planet Nintendo Switch Launch Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PoalPYb3mJk

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Journey to the Savage Planet brings its Metroid Prime vibes to Nintendo Switch
    It's on the eShop today with a physical Switch edition to follow

https://www.destructoid.com/journey-to-the-savage-planet-brings-its-metroid-prime-vibes-to-nintendo-switch-591608.phtml

Journey to the Savage Planet Nintendo Switch Launch Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PoalPYb3mJk

Saw this and just bought it, can't wait for it to install!

Infliction: Extended Cut - Coming to Nintendo Switch on July 2nd!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jUKrwrnVqC0
    Infliction: Extended Cut, the psychological horror game from developer Caustic Reality and publisher Blowfish Studios exploring the darkness haunting the remnants of a suburban family home, brings fear to Nintendo Switch™ on July 2, 2020. Digital pre-purchases are available on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch now.

The “Extended Cut” builds upon Infliction’s acclaimed original PC release with bone-chilling new content and additional endings. Twisted souls keen on facing fresh fears can confront the New Game Plus mode, which includes a range of additional features such as remixed scares, new puzzles, increased difficulty, and other shocking surprises.

Enter an interactive nightmare as a tormented father determined to piece together the mystery behind the tragedy that befell his young family. Investigate their haunted home while avoiding the evil spirits who have taken up residence within its walls.

Uncover hidden paths, secrets, and clues throughout the house while avoiding supernatural pursuers. Duck for cover, crawling beneath beds or hiding in closets to evade the malevolent forces attempting to drag players to hell. Summon the courage to confront these entities, manipulating light sources like camera flashes to momentarily escape their grasp.

Dive into an immersive horror experience blending supernatural dread with contemporary anxieties. Infliction’s terrifying story is grounded in relatable fears that strike close to home. Experience a haunting narrative while navigating dynamic environments and surviving blood-curdling events that will leave even seasoned horror veterans with lingering uneasiness.

“Infliction began as a way to express my fears and anxieties,” said Clinton McCleary, founder of Caustic Reality and mission designer at Blowfish Studios. “I’m ecstatic horror fans can play Infliction at home or on the go when we summon the Nintendo Switch version on July 2.”

Infliction: Extended Cut is now available for pre-purchase on the Nintendo eShop for $19.99 / €17.99 / £15.99 and will release on July 2. The game features support for English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese language options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Saw this and just bought it, can't wait for it to install!

Me too, installed now, I just need to get some time to sit and play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,321 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Another game that's available on GamePass. What a service that is.

Project Warlock Console Announcement Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7y8YrxjancA
    One man and his guns. Become a mysterious Warlock who embarks onto a dangerous mission to eradicate all evil. Put your finger on the trigger and travel through time and space to wreak havoc like in the golden days of fast paced, adrenaline-pumping first person shooters, hooking you for hours of super fun carnage. Let’s rock and roll!

Explore 60 vast levels in five settings, from frozen Antarctic base to the sands of Egypt to the medieval castles’ courts and graveyards. Find keys to unlock passages, reveal secret caches with ammo and gold, use lifts and hidden buttons to access new areas. Finally descend to hell to face the ultimate challenge and emerge victorious.

Combat tons of enemies from flying demons to five-storeys robots, splashing walls and floors with their blood and chunks. Dodge bullets and projectiles, figure out strategies and weapons that work best against each of the nasty villains. Learn their moves and stay one step ahead to survive through the levels. Face megabosses in vast final arenas to complete each world.

Expand your arsenal with new weapons found along your way. From powerful blades to massive guns, collect and develop your favourite gear and master the craft of carnage. Reach into vast arsenal of 38 types of weapons and learn their secret tricks to deliver maximum damage, fast! Grab ammo and spit out series of bullets, walls of flames, and bursts of magic shots to bring down enemies foolish enough to stand in your way.

Develop your hero the way you like, by assigning upgrade points and perks to the favourite skills between each level. Develop and upgrade spells and weapons to create your unique character through the game, and use their powers to master the game in higher difficulty modes.

The game releases on 11th June and will cost €14.99. It looks promising and has reviewed well on other platforms.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Project-Warlock-1786735.html

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Another game that's available on GamePass. What a service that is.

It amazing an getting better. I have it an yet I still will hold off playing a free game on my Xbox to buy it on Switch :)

I struggle to get enough time to sit and play the Xbox but the switch I can grab 10 mins here and there, before I know it I'm clearing games.

It amazing an getting better. I have it an yet I still will hold off playing a free game on my Xbox to buy it on Switch :)

I struggle to get enough time to sit and play the Xbox but the switch I can grab 10 mins here and there, before I know it I'm clearing games.

I don't get to play my Switch anymore :( herself won't stop playing Animal Crossing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone seen any gameplay of all the 2k games coming out next week? Very interested in borderlands but want to see how it runs first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Speaking of Paper Mario, I can't believe they've never re-released the Gamecube version Thousand Year Door, it was brilliant. It's 16 years old now, majority of switch owners won't have played it.

Do Not Feed the Monkeys - Trailer [EN]

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7spCYORYT4w

This was supposed to release last November, instead it's coming out on the 1st June, there's a 20% discount if you pre-order, making it €10.40, as opposed to the usual €13.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Do-Not-Feed-the-Monkeys-1776716.html

There's only a few scores on review Metacritic, it's 9/10 on Steam, but almost everything has an inflated score there.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/do-not-feed-the-monkeys

RETAILER WHO STATED METROID PRIME TRILOGY WAS COMING TO SWITCH BACK IN 2018 UPDATES THEIR LISTING, NOW CLAIMS JUNE 19TH RELEASE
    Second time's a charm?

https://gonintendo.com/stories/361696-retailer-who-stated-metroid-prime-trilogy-was-coming-to-switch-ba

I feel like Nintendo are going to announce some port to Switch next week, it may not be this, just yet. Pac-Man's 40th anniversary may have delayed it by a few days.

Played a nice but if Savage planet, it is great. Really fun, reminds of of starlink a bit in the way I'm amazed it fits and plays so well on the switch.

BORDERLANDS: LEGENDARY COLLECTION PHYSICAL RELEASE REQUIRES A DOWNLOAD OF AT LEAST 42 GB, BIOSHOCK: THE COLLECTION REQUIRES 31 GB, XCOM 2 COLLECTION REQUIRES 24 GB

https://gonintendo.com/stories/361708-borderlands-legendary-collection-physical-release-requires-a-dow

SMH. They're not physical releases. That's nearly 100GB of a download between them. I know what I hope happens to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I hope they at least let you download the games separately rather than forcing you to download everything together.

SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO COLLECTION (North America)- Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=d02OqwH-Q5E
    It all began in ‘94. And now, the weapon-based fighting game series that swept the world is ready to be taken home as a stellar collection! Six NeoGeo titles as well as one mysterious, unreleased game are featured! What is more is that each game features online battle modes as well as a Museum Mode and music player! This collection is a must-have for all Samurai Shodown fans across the globe!

Get paired up with warriors of a similar level with Ranked Match, or just blow some steam off on Casual Match. Invite your friends (or foes) for a beat-down in Challenge Friend. Take on Samurai Shodown fans across the world with the push of a button.

*Note, online battle modes are only available for English ver. Samurai Shodown titles.

Museum

The museum within this collection is packed with over 2,000 precious development documents and images; it is everything a fan would want! There are even candid videotaped interviews with the developers as they discuss what happened during development. Prepare to dive straight into the world of Samurai Shodown with this collection!

Music

Relive the excitement of the Samurai Shodown series by listening to its wonderful soundtracks. There are over 200 tracks to choose from spanning six titles in the Music Player found inside the museum.

It will release on 28th July for €40 I believe. A physical version for Switch is planned at a later date.

Weaving Tides - Crytivo Announcment Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mC25DRv1BiE
    Indie game publisher Crytivo today announced their partnership with Follow the Feathers to publish Weaving Tides, a unique adventure game that wraps Zelda-like dungeons, puzzles, exploration, and a mythical story together into a soul-soothing game experience.

Set in a world of magic and textile, the game urges players to dive into an enchanting, woven world and reveal its secrets. Players can stitch and cut their way through the landscape and wrap foes up tight using their unique weaving abilities. Of course, there's also plenty to explore and many textile puzzles to solve. Expect a charming storyline to tie you up, complete with odd characters, witty puns, and themes of family and morality.

About the game

Dive into a magical woven world on the back of your own carpet dragon! Explore the textile landscape, solve puzzles, challenge quirky creatures and unravel the great mysteries of a long forgotten past in Weaving Tides!

An adventure puzzle game that focuses on great feel!

Key Features:
    • Dive into an enchanting, woven world and reveal secret pathways.
    • Stitch and cut your way through the textile landscape and wrap up your foes using your Weaver's unique stitching abilities.
    • Solve tricky textile puzzles which are scattered across the world.
    • Conquer Zelda-like dungeons but beware of their fearsome guardians!
    • Befriend three different Weavers, choose the one that fits your playstyle.
    • Outfit your Weavers with mystic embroideries to enhance their abilities.
    • Uncover hidden mysteries packed in a charming story.

Collect, solve, and explore in a unique mythical world!

Toy Soldiers 2: Finest Hour announced for Switch alongside HD collection, coming Spring and Summer 2020

https://nintendoeverything.com/toy-soldiers-2-finest-hour-announced-for-switch-alongside-hd-collection-coming-spring-and-summer-2020/

More details and a couple of trailers are after the link.

Wholesome Direct - Indie Game Showcase 5.26.2020

https://youtube.com/watch?v=AwCNzOPR8Ck
    Join Wholesome Games on May 26th at 1pm ET for the first-ever Wholesome Direct, hosted live on YouTube! We'll be showing exclusive footage, developer interviews, and announcements from over 50 cute and cozy indie games. Game List: https://www.wholesomegames.com/

01:08 - Button City
    02:07 - Errand Boy
    03:45 - Ooblets
    04:48 - Kind Words
    05:50 - Snacko
    06:56 - Chicory
    08:16 - The Spirit and the Mouse
    09:40 - Spiritfarer
    10:32 - Sayri
    11:46 - Mondo Museum
    12:35 - Bird Alone
    13:36 - Little Witch in the Woods
    14:41 - TOEM
    16:04 - Winding Worlds
    17:23 - TokoToko
    18:08 - When the Past was Around
    19:02 - A Space for the Unbound
    19:33 - Book of Travels
    21:08 - Garden Story
    22:13 - Depanneur Nocturne
    23:22 - Calico
    24:36 - Rainy Season
    25:47 - Wayward Strand
    26:58 - Montage
    33:45 - Hoa
    35:40 - Credits

So far, these are confirmed to be getting a Switch release.

Errand Boy
    Snacko
    Spiritfarer
    Little Witch in the Woods
    When the Past Was Around
    A Space for the Unbound
    Calico
    Hoa
    Weaving Tides
    A Fold Apart
    SkateBIRD
    Haven
    Later Daters
    Pushy and Pully in Blockland
    Onsen Master
    Roots of Pacha
    Alchemic Cutie
    Orange Island

Many of the trailers didn't mention any platform, so it's possible Switch will get even more of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

sligeach wrote: »
    BORDERLANDS: LEGENDARY COLLECTION PHYSICAL RELEASE REQUIRES A DOWNLOAD OF AT LEAST 42 GB, BIOSHOCK: THE COLLECTION REQUIRES 31 GB, XCOM 2 COLLECTION REQUIRES 24 GB

https://gonintendo.com/stories/361708-borderlands-legendary-collection-physical-release-requires-a-dow

SMH. They're not physical releases. That's nearly 100GB of a download between them. I know what I hope happens to them.

At this point, 2K should be shipping those games with a memory card, considering that Switch could just about store XCOM without having that accessory.

No reviews or anything for their performance, and they're out tomorrow, which is concerning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I see the US pricing is up for Borderlands and Bioshock collections now. I assume it will be $ for €.

Bioshock Collection (3 games) - $49.99
    Each individual game - $19.99

Borderlands - No bundle for all 3 yet.
    Borderlands Game of the Year (just B1) - $29.99
    Handsome Collection (B2+PS) - $39.99

Putting both on the wishlist for now. Hoping for a chunky discount in a Summer/Thanksgiving/Christmas sale.

Mr E wrote: »
    I see the US pricing is up for Borderlands and Bioshock collections now. I assume it will be $ for €.

Bioshock Collection (3 games) - $49.99
    Each individual game - $19.99

Borderlands - No bundle for all 3 yet.
    Borderlands Game of the Year (just B1) - $29.99
    Handsome Collection (B2+PS) - $39.99

Putting both on the wishlist for now. Hoping for a chunky discount in a Summer/Thanksgiving/Christmas sale.

Bio Shock and Borderlands Legendary Collection are £35 from The Game Collection.

They'll probably be a bit cheaper in a few weeks on Gamivo/CD Keys etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

XCOM is the only one I have an interest in really, as I've played BL 1 and 2 to death already, and the Pre Sequel was ****e. Bioshock is excellent but again, I've played them a few times each, and it's just be speed running at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Bio Shock and Borderlands Legendary Collection are £35 from The Game Collection.

Excuse the ignorance but are either of those options offering physical?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling is getting brilliant reviews. It wasn't on my radar but it goes straight onto the wishlist now.

It's basically Paper Mario with insects...
    (Or Paper Mario before debugging) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Arlo raving about it on YouTube. It'll be interesting to see how the new paper mario with a much bigger budget and twice the price stacks up.

Xofpod wrote: »
    Excuse the ignorance but are either of those options offering physical?

The game collection ones are physical but both games require a download

similar price on Amazon if anyone has prime. I'm not sure if the Game collection is posting to Ireland, I know some are not.

• Advertisement

FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition - Release Date Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=x-gBaEQOS7A
    FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition releases on August 27, 2020 on Nintendo Switch!

FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition is an enchanting action RPG that follows a young group, known as the Crystal Caravans, as they embark on an epic journey to search for myrrh, a precious and rare liquid needed to cleanse and maintain a crystal protecting their world from the deadly gas, miasma.

Call upon magic and might and team up with faraway friends to take down fearsome foes! Enlist comrades to your crystal caravan in online multiplayer mode with up to four players.

Adventure and exploration await your caravan. Featuring new areas inside dungeons, even those who played the original version will have rewarding surprises in store!

With enhanced visuals, memorable voiceovers, cross-platform play, and more, FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition offers RPG fans of all ages new experiences to discover.

All aboard the caravan on August 27!

Advertisement