Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

sligeach wrote: »

....wow, that game looks very much like the gameplay core of And Yet It Moves filtered through the visual style of LIMBO with the serial numbers filed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

XIII remake launches November 10

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/06/xiii-remake-launches-november-10

There'll be a new trailer for XIII during the IGN Summer of Gaming 2020 live stream later on tonight.

BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Asia is pleased to announce that NAMCO MUSEUM ARCHIVES Volume 1 and 2 will be coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC Digital on June 18th, 2020. Check out the details below for more information!

WHAT IS NAMCO MUSEUM ARCHIVES?

Gathering NAMCO’s hits and long-lost treasures, each volume of NAMCO MUSEUM ARCHIVES features 10 historic arcade hits such as PAC-MAN and Galaga, and also includes some classics that were never before released in the West, such as Dragon Spirit: The New Legend and Mappy-Land.

TITLES IN NAMCO MUSEUM ARCHIVES: Volume 1

– Galaxian

– Xevious

– Mappy

– Dragon Buster

– Pac-Man

– Dig-Dug

– The Tower of Druaga

– Sky Kid

– Dragon Spirit: The New Legend

– Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti

– Pac-Man Championship Edition

TITLES IN NAMCO MUSEUM ARCHIVES: Volume 2

– Battle City

– Pac-Land

– Dig Dug II

– Super Xevious

– Galaga

– Rolling Thunder

– Mappy-Land

– Legacy of the Wizard

– Dragon Buster II

– Mendel Palace

– Gaplus

Developed in partnership with B.B. Studios, NAMCO MUSEUM ARCHIVES takes the retro gaming experience to the modern consoles with new features for improved playability, including rewind, save points and wide-screen support.

PR e-mail

Edit: It should be noted that Pac-Man Championship Edition is the 8-bit demastered version and Gaplus is the 8-bit console version. It's not made clear above.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

PR e-mail

Edit: It should be noted that Pac-Man Championship Edition is the 8-bit demastered version and Gaplus is the 8-bit console version. It's not made clear above.

That's okay,

I already own this beauty
    https://www.play-asia.com/namco-museum-encore-limited-edition-complete-with-all-games/13/70243g

namcomuseumbox-s.jpg

Referring back to the Hamster story, it just dawned on me that there are more Nintendo Switch Hamster Arcade Archives than there are NES and SNES games on Nintendo Switch Online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Have you considered starting a game collector youtube channel ?
    Maybe you could be an Irish alternative to Metal Jesus Rocks!
    MJR is quite uncomfortable to watch.
    We need better game collecting channels :)

Or the Aussie guy with the biggest game collection in the world. (perhaps)
    (I have no idea where he got the cash for all that - plus he's collecting in Oz).
    Also, really annoying.

I think Happy Console Gamer is actually quite good without being creepy or too annoying.
    He seems to have a love for the games; without just jumping on a youtube bandwagon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Referring back to the Hamster story, it just dawned on me that there are more Nintendo Switch Hamster Arcade Archives than there are NES and SNES games on Nintendo Switch Online.

All yours for the low low price of €699. :o

Mr E wrote: »
    All yours for the low low price of €699. :o

Ha. I thought someone might say that. But you do own them and for that much you'd want to. Some have been on sale as well. Nah, that price is bonkers whatever way you look at it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

nintendoo wrote: »
    Have you considered starting a game collector youtube channel ?
    Maybe you could be an Irish alternative to Metal Jesus Rocks!

Nope,
    My stuff is all in my gamesroom up in my converted attic and it's all a bit messy!
    One or two regulars here have been to my place for a Beers night and the collection is pretty great but all over the place.
    I had plans for a better gamesroom but I seem to be building an art studio for myself instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Got BioShock and Borderlands today, just installed BioShock hoping it is still as good as I remember.

Opening seems smooth. Just need a good hour with it.

• Advertisement

Project Warlock Console Announcement Trailer

The game releases on 11th June and will cost €14.99. It looks promising and has reviewed well on other platforms.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Project-Warlock-1786735.html

seems decent. like the art style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,321 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Got BioShock and Borderlands today, just installed BioShock hoping it is still as good as I remember.

Opening seems smooth. Just need a good hour with it.

The first two are amazing games I really enjoyed them back in the day!!

XIII Remake - Official Gameplay Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WJU0lA-rkwA
    The cult classic cel-shaded FPS game XIII returns, remade for Xbox One, PS4, Switch and PC - and features music and voice work from the original game.

It’s been 17 years since Ubisoft released XIII (or Thirteen for those who don’t know roman numerals) on Playstation 2 (PS2), GameCube, Xbox, and PC. The XIII game utilized the cel shading art style to adapt the 1984 Belgian graphic novel series into the cult classic FPS.

Now, the XIII game remake is being released for PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One, so be sure to check out the new XIII gameplay in this new XIII Remake gameplay trailer.

At long last, we finally see some gameplay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ah. The unmistakable leaden delivery of David Duchovny.

Studios are really hitting the remakes hard these days. Just makes one sad the IP rights for No One Lives Forever are in limbo, it'd be a prime candidate *sniff*

Windbound - Official Gameplay Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Gfcxpb5kTR8
    A new day dawns on the Forbidden Islands. Kara, driven to find the path that leads her back to her tribe, pushes on in her extraordinary odyssey into the unknown.

The islands are alive with magic and enchantment telling the tales of their origin and revealing the role Kara unknowingly plays in it as each artifact that she unearths unlocks a new clue to her past.

Witness Kara’s evolution in survival as she scavenges for resources and gains the skills to craft and equip her with the ultimate sea vessel and the strongest combat-ready attire and weaponry. Increasingly ferocious battles on land and now at sea will transform her into the hardened warrior she was born to become.

All the while, a storm unlike any she has ever seen, is pulling her through the treacherous waters to face a mystical presence that lies beneath the sea.
    EaQYAl8X0AA1h3o?format=jpg&name=small

A new gameplay trailer. I don't how it hopes to compete with BOTW and The Wind Waker, but it does look nice.

Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2 - Official Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lWdXKwNEjLk
    The Nicktoons are back and ready to race! Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2 features new tracks, online play, and brand new characters (Including Aang and Korra from Avatar the Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra). This sequel is hitting PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch in October 2020.

Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2: Grand Prix is ready to help players indulge in all their ‘90s nostalgia as players race around the slime-covered tracks as famous Nickelodeon cartoon characters like Spongebob Squarepants, Chucky from Rugrats, Arnold from Hey Arnold, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and many more.

Eagle-eyed viewers of the Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2 trailer will also notice characters like Heffer from Rocko’s Modern life and Invader Zim.

Prepare to give into your need for mild cartoon violence as Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2 whips around turns and lets you wreck havoc on other Nickelodeon icons like the Leo (and the other ninja turtles from TMNT) and Patrick from Spongebob.

This may be the first Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2 Grand Prix trailer, but be sure to keep checking out IGN for more trailers featuring your favorite Nicktoons soon.

TRANSFORMERS: BATTLEGROUNDS | TEASER

https://youtube.com/watch?v=oFeasgfDw9o
    Are you ready for a game that is more than meets the eye?! TRANSFORMERS: BATTLEGROUNDS is coming to PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Xbox and PC, this October 23rd.

Assemble your squad and roll out for a battle that will rage from Central City to Cybertron.

Foreclosed - Official Reveal Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yo8YgdJdHkM
    In the stylish comic book-inspired world of Foreclosed, humans are implanted with identity chips at birth, but when corporations can buy your entire identity, what do you have left to loose by fighting back against the system?

This Foreclosed gameplay trailer introduces audiences to its unique combat system, where players have the ability to modify both their symbiotic pistol as well as their superhero-like abilities which are provided by the character’s brain implant. That’s not all the Foreclosed game trailer revealed; it also highlights an original story surrounding identity loss that’s based on the real-life experiences of the devs at Antab Studios.

The release date is planned for the 2nd quarter of next year. Funnily enough it reminds me of XIII.

Gods & Monsters dev build leaks, first early footage emerges

https://nintendoeverything.com/gods-monsters-dev-build-leaks-first-early-footage-emerges/

BOTW x Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Behold the Kickmen: ULTIMATE FOOTBALL EDITION | Switch Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=euE6jnSoix4
    Behold the Kickmen: ULTIMATE FOOTBALL EDITION is coming to Nintendo Switch on the 18th of June!

• Advertisement

Spellbreak - Announcement Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SZgcmMDAGYk
    Spellbreak is coming to Nintendo Switch! Spellbreak is an epic fantasy action spellcasting game where players fight to become an all-powerful battlemage. Weave spectacular spell combinations, craft strategic builds, and master your environment as you dominate the Hollow Lands solo or with friends in a non-stop quest for survival.

The first few seconds reminded me of BOTW, particularly the chime.

XIII will launch on the 10th November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Spellbreak - Announcement Trailer - Nintendo Switch

The first few seconds reminded me of BOTW, particularly the chime.

The first few seconds screamed Fortnite at me, tbh. Looks cool though!

EaaM4TIXYAI_PHV?format=jpg&name=small

Now this is taking the proverbial P1$$. Bad enough that the collection of 22 ancient games is divided in two. Now Bandai Namco won't even use a 1GB cartridge. Each collection is 137MB in size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

EaaM4TIXYAI_PHV?format=jpg&name=small

Now this is taking the proverbial P1$$. Bad enough that the collection of 22 ancient games is divided in two. Now Bandai Namco won't even use a 1GB cartridge. Each collection is 137MB in size.

Namco have always been bastards for this. They just see the Switch as another hole to shovel their poop into.

I'm quite fond of some of those games but I was also a fan the other hundred times they've been released.

West of Dead - Announcement Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0qVlE_cHO1s
    West of Dead is coming to Nintendo Switch on August 5. Descend into the grim and gritty world of Purgatory in this fast-paced cover shooter which combines the fluidity of twin-stick controls and tactical cover usage. Dodge behind cover as you try to outgun your enemies in the unknown procedurally generated hunting grounds.

I haven't had to say this for a while,
    But...
    Two things

You don't have to buy it
    And
    There's tons of other ways to play these games.

OUTBUDDIES DX - Console Launch Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=LUZNx_KvGl4
    Outbuddies DX is coming soon to Nintendo Switch and Xbox One with the PS4 version planned for later this year. Developed by Julian Laufer over the course of seven years Outbuddies is a feature-packed otherworldly adventure with deadly enemies and an ever-trustworthy robot sidekick, Buddy.

Set deep in the Ocean and infested with hostile Lovecraftian creatures and lethal environmental hazards, players must dash, dodge, and blast through Bahlam, a danger-filled sunken fortress of the Old Gods. By deploying the Buddy unit to manipulate and scout the surroundings through hacking, scanning and telekinesis, the players will discover ancient weapon systems and gear upgrades to battle through a gigantic sunken labyrinth. Outbuddies’ local co-op mode allows a second player to control Buddy with an expanded tool set.

Based on the feedback from core-speedrunners and Metroid-enthusiasts since the game‘s PC release, Outbuddies DX now offers vastly improved visuals and a variety of new features added to the well-received original.

Shadow Man Remastered Teaser Trailer - Nightdive Studios

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pK3NjzOjQf4
    Shadow Man Remastered trailer from Nightdive Studios, revealed at the PC Gaming Show 2020. This remaster adds 4K support, restores cut content, and more.

I know it's not coming out until next year, but I hope they work more on the graphics, especially the textures.

• Advertisement

Cris Tales Trailer - Future Games Show

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0nBZtEnZngw
    Here's an exclusive look at Cris Tales coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch and Stadia later this year.

Advertisement