Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Remothered: Broken Porcelain release date trailer - Future Games Show

https://youtube.com/watch?v=16IHYGIHTb4
    Remothered: Broken Porcelain comes to PS4, Xbox One, Switch and Windows August 25th 2020

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I haven't had to say this for a while,
    But...
    Two things

You don't have to buy it
    And
    There's tons of other ways to play these games.

I think it's fair to point at this one as a scummy practice. There's no reason for the separation of volumes other than the desire on Namco's part to get paid twice. Compare it to the Mega Drive Collection and it looks pretty rubbish - the collection in total has half the games, yet (if Vol 2 is priced equivalently) will cost a fair bit more.

No, nobody has to buy these releases, but that doesn't mean the publisher is immune from criticism of the release.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wasn't telling people not to express their views.
    I was just making a different point about it.
    As an owner of Namco Museum collections on nearly every system I own I also don't appreciate the taking of what are legacy titles and squeezing every last cent out of an obliging public.
    As a fan of Namco there is, as you say, no reason they couldn't have stuck 40 of their hits onto a single cart and we would have been good to go.
    Sega were a great example, as you point out.
    I won't be buying them again, I think I bought their Namco museum collection already, in a sale, and I felt hard done by.
    But there was nothing on that collection I didn't already own on multiple consoles, so it was my own judgement at fault, as much as Namco's stingy-ness.

What should be more concerning is that the carts show are just cases, and the games are download only, I wonder if they are getting a genuine physical release here at all?

Are we doing better than the release in Japan?
    It's a single volume, but the games are bought as DLC within the game... not sure how the pricing works out there, it's all a bit mad really.

The file sizes are even smaller than I thought. I'd pulled the previous information from Microsoft's Xbox Live page as it hadn't been disclosed yet what size they are on Switch.

Namco Museum Archives Vol 1 – 49.0MB
    Namco Museum Archives Vol 2 – 49.0MB

https://nintendoeverything.com/switch-file-sizes-mr-driller-drillland/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    The file sizes are even smaller than I thought. I'd pulled the previous information from Microsoft's Xbox Live page as it hadn't been disclosed yet what size they are on Switch.

Namco Museum Archives Vol 1 – 49.0MB
    Namco Museum Archives Vol 2 – 49.0MB

https://nintendoeverything.com/switch-file-sizes-mr-driller-drillland/

Sure, you'd fit the entire Namco catalogue, from that era, in a 1gb card, still be left with most of the space too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Get ready for a voxel art action game featuring an unprecedented level of freedom! A whole range of cute girl monsters are waiting to punch, kick, wrap you up, suck your blood, and eat you right up.

Seems family friendly....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Interesting to see the "misdirected horny boy" market is still catered for in this more progressive age lol :rolleyes: :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

pixelburp wrote: »
    Interesting to see the "misdirected horny boy" market is still catered for in this more progressive age lol :rolleyes: :D

I still find it weird that, when all the filth anyone could want is generally no more than about 3 clicks away, there are still apparently audiences who want/need this kind of thing in their games (or at least, developers are willing to bet on those audiences existing).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The most excellent Invisible Inc (from the Devs of the equally excellent Mark of the Ninja) has been released on Switch; turn based stealth em up with a really good core loop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Shadow Man Remastered Teaser Trailer - Nightdive Studios

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pK3NjzOjQf4

I know it's not coming out until next year, but I hope they work more on the graphics, especially the textures.

The existence of that game blows my mind. I thought it was awful the first time around, can't ever imagine wanting to play it on newer hardware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I really enjoyed Shadowman back in the day, but this genuinely looks like they just took the PC version from the time and ported it directly...

Next Mario Kart title on Switch likely delayed until 2021(Rumour)

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/mario-kart-switch-delayed-2021/

It's hard to know with this. I said for so long that MK9 wouldn't be on Switch, for a few reasons like there's never been 2 original Mario Kart games released on the same system and that the game was selling well on Switch, it's still the best selling game on Switch. A new game would potentially cannibalise sales, maybe of each other. Would Nintendo reduce the price of 8? That goes against their very being. Is MK8 reduced on Wii U? Exactly.

There's reasons for and against. Nintendo need big games for the remainder of the Switch, but it would be releasing late or late enough into the Switch's lifecycle. Releasing MK9 as a launch title for the Switch successor would boost sales. It could be a powerhouse showcase? But then how much more powerful will the Switch successor be? Maybe it could release on both. MK8's sales weren't hurt by it being on Wii U first. People seem to buy Mario Kart regardless.

If MK9 doesn't release on Switch, then it will be the first Nintendo system without a new MK game. Either way, we're in uncharted waters. It's 6 years since MK8 released.

Jump Rope Challenge

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/jump-rope-challenge-switch/
    REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Get up and get moving in the simple new Jump Rope Challenge game, now available for free as a limited-time release until the end of September in Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch system and on Nintendo.com.

By using a pair of Joy-Con controllers and imagining them as the handles of a jump rope, players can virtually jump rope every day. It’s all the fun of jumping, but there’s not a rope in sight! Two household members can jump in and play together to try to reach a high score, with each person holding one Joy-Con. With hopping bunnies as the characters, simple menus and no tutorials to jump through, it’s quick and easy to learn the ropes and get started.

For those who aren’t able to jump, or are worried about disturbing the downstairs neighbors, players can bend their knees or move their arms to play the game without creating any noise.

Jump Rope Challenge was created by a small group of Nintendo developers while working from home in Japan as a simple game to add some quick and fun movement into their daily lives.

For more information about Jump Rope Challenge, visit https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/jump-rope-challenge-switch/.

Little Devil Inside Dev Criticized Over Racist Stereotypes and PS5 Exclusivity

https://www.dualshockers.com/little-devil-inside-dev-criticized-over-racist-stereotypes-ps5-exclusivity/

I remember this game, it was going to release on Wii U at one point. It's one of those Indie games that stood out, I hope it still makes it to a Nintendo system, whatever that is. Though, I don't know if it's possible on Switch. The game still doesn't have a release date and we don't know how long the exclusivity deal will last.

Sign of the times for sure, but changing a single enemy design is no great shakes in the scheme of a development cycle: part & parcel of design TBH. Design iterates, and it's rare games' aesthetics look the same from Proof of Concept to release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Advertisement

Kingdom Hearts is coming to the Switch. Great you might think. I wouldn't get too excited just yet though. It's a spin-off and it's a rhythm game.

"Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory" Title Announcement Trailer(Japanese)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=L6_PF9DUP6E

Google Translate:
    "Kingdom Hearts" series first rhythm action game is here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Kingdom Hearts is coming to the Switch. Great you might think. I wouldn't get too excited just yet though. It's a spin-off and it's a rhythm game.

"Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory" Title Announcement Trailer(Japanese)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=L6_PF9DUP6E

Google Translate:

would be great to get a final fantasy version like theatrythm.

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour will launch on the Nintendo Switch™ system on June 23, 2020, Gearbox Publishing announced today. This edition of the landmark first-person-shooter contains the 1996 classic Duke Nukem 3D in its full glory with classic Jon St. John one-liners, Bobby Prince’s legendary soundtrack, an all-new episode containing eight original levels from original designers Richard “Levelord” Grey and Allen H. Blum III, and Nintendo Switch specific features, ported to the new platform by SONKA Games.

"I joined the Duke Nukem 3D development team in the mid-nineties and am proud to have been a part of the emergence of the 3D First Person video game genre that would enhance the entire video game industry,” said Randy Pitchford, founder of The Gearbox Entertainment Company. “This project has made it possible for us to reconnect with first person pioneers Allen, Richard, Lee, Jon, Ken, Bobby and others to all be able to come back together to not just be nostalgic, but to have an opportunity to enhance our original work and even bring something new, including an entirely new episode added to the classic game. Today, we are thrilled to have the entire Nintendo Switch family join us on this adventure.”

From now through July 7, fans can purchase Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour on the Nintendo eShop at a 50% discount. Gearbox Publishing encouraged gamers to pre-order now to take advantage of this offer and be ready on June 23 when it releases worldwide.

Set to launch on the Nintendo Switch in the Nintendo eShop at an MSRP of $9.99, Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour contains:

Nintendo Switch Specific Features – Utilize the Nintendo Switch to its fullest with optional gyroscopic aiming, HD rumble, motion controls, and local wireless multiplayer.

All New Episode Five – Complete an all-new episode containing eight original levels created by the original designers of Duke Nukem 3D, Allen Blum III, and Richard “Levelord” Gray.

New Music and One-liners – Episode Five has original music composed by Lee Jackson, original author of Duke Nukem’s iconic theme “Grabbag” and sound designer for Duke Nukem 3D, along with new one-liners from the voice of Duke himself, Jon St. John.

In-Game Developer Commentary – All-new behind-the-scenes original development team commentary accessible in-game.

Optionally Remastered – Play the game using the Ken Silverman’s original 1996 graphics engine or toggle in real time to play with the original content rendered at high fidelity and enhanced frame rate using Gearbox’s “True3D” graphics engine.

For more information on Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour, please visit www.dukenukem.com.

Here's an old launch trailer for other platforms. There's no Switch footage yet.

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour International Launch Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=R-XvXs4K8Zk

The game is €9.99, but you can get it for €4.99(50% off) until 6th July. It releases on 23th June.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Duke-Nukem-3D-20th-Anniversary-World-Tour-1797067.html

Star Wars Episode l: Racer will release on Switch on 23rd June.

We now have a Switch specific trailer.

Duke Nukem 3D: World Tour Coming to Switch June 23rd!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NgExpBN_X-A
    Frag like it’s 1996 – this time with even more asses to kick! Join the world’s greatest action hero in Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour as he saves Earth once again, saving babes across the globe. Blast your way through hordes of ugly aliens in four classic Duke Nukem 3D episodes. An all-new fifth episode from the game’s original episode designers includes a new weapon, new music from the game’s original composer, and all-new lines from the original voice of Duke.

Switch enhanced: Come to grips with Duke with gyroscopic aiming support, motion controls, and HD Rumble, only on Nintendo Switch™
    Campaign co-op: Enjoy the full campaign with up to eight(!) players in ad hoc multiplayer or with Nintendo Switch Online
    Dukematch: Frag your friends in Duke’s take on classic deathmatch, playable with up eight players over ad hoc multiplayer or with Nintendo Switch Online
    New episode: Created by the original episode designers, Allen Blum III and Richard “Levelord®” Gray!
    New weapon: Duke Nukem roasts aliens with the Incinerator
    New Duke Voiceover: Enjoy colorful new Duke talk alongside high-fidelity re-recordings from Duke Nukem’s original voice actor, Jon St. John!
    New music: The score for Episode 5 was maestro’d by Duke’s theme song author and original game composer, Lee Jackson!
    Remastered: Play with the original 1996 look, or enjoy a remastered look in True 3D with higher fidelity and framerate.

I don't particularly feel the need to own Duke Nukem 3D on my switch, but I do like the pricing on this release - £8 RRP on the eshop, and with a 50% off promo until 6th July.

It's a good deal for €5, and they put some effort into it, it would seem. It's always a little worrying when no platform specific footage is shown close to a game's release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

sligeach wrote:
    It's a good deal for €5, and they put some effort into it, it would seem. It's always a little worrying when no platform specific footage is shown close to a game's release.

I wasn't going to... But then I watched the trailer... And saw its only €3.80 in SA....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

So who's excited about the Pokemon DLC today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

smokingman wrote: »
    So who's excited about the Pokemon DLC today?

My 12 year old has spent the last two weeks explaining it's merits to me.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Advertisement