Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »
    WxZ60.gif

I approve this message....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Retro City Rampage DX coming to Switch on July 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Boost beast looks like OK for a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Overcooked Special Edition is out this week! Instabuy!
    The BAFTA-winning Overcooked will launch on the Switch this week, it has been confirmed.

Overcooked: Special Edition includes the original game plus The Lost Morsel and Festive Seasoning additional content, as well as special support for the Switch's HD Rumble functionality.

2 to 4 player co-op is available thanks to the wonder of the Joy-Cons, and it's also possible to play against other carbon-based lifeforms in 9 special versus levels.

Overcooked: Special Edition will cost £15.99 / $19.99 / €19.99 and l(a)unches on July 27th. Will you be tucking in?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/07/overcooked_is_browning_nicely_in_the_oven_for_switch_release_this_week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I know this is the opposite of what everyone on the internet thinks, but there are almost too many good games on Switch! Seriously, the release schedule so far has been incredible. Could be my favourite console launch ever. Love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Mr E wrote: »

If anyone hasn't played this and have friends, buy it. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it wasnt for the fact that I've 3-starred every course with three different groups. My game of the year from 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

pcadhain wrote: »
    If anyone hasn't played this and have friends, buy it. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it wasnt for the fact that I've 3-starred every course with three different groups. My game of the year from 2016.

Is there online play too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

pcadhain wrote: »

Is single player any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Looks like Infinite Mini Golf is launching tomorrow instead of today as originally announced.

Banjo wrote: »
    Is single player any good?

I don't like the single player. You control 2 chefs and have to keep switching between them.

No online play.

Couch co-op is brilliant though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Ubisoft’s exuberant platforming hero is coming to Nintendo Switch on September 12 in Rayman Legends Definitive Edition. This colorful adventure sees Rayman and friends romping though gorgeous worlds within a series of enchanting paintings. The Definitive Edition takes advantage of the capabilities of the Nintendo Switch, enabling up to four players to play together over a wireless local multiplayer connection. Furthermore, players can use the undocked Switch touchscreen to move platforms, cut ropes, take out enemies, and more. There are also other new features in store, including an updated version of the raucous soccer-inspired minigame, Kung Foot.

http://blog.ubi.com/rayman-legends-definitive-edition-coming-nintendo-switch-september-12/

Better Overcooked:SE trailer than the one earlier this week.

- 44 campaign levels which can be played solo or couch co-op with up to 4 players
    - 9 versus levels to play head to head locally with either 2 or 4 players
    - 22 different chefs to play as. Choose a human, racoon, dinosaur, French bulldog, robot or even a reindeer in your quest for culinary greatness!
    - A range of crazy kitchens to play across with different recipes to master - cook soup, burritos, burgers, fish and chips and more!

Lego Worlds is out on September 8th.

https://twitter.com/WB_Games_UK/status/890578032683081728

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wonder if it'll be better received on the Switch.
    It didn't light any fires on the other consoles, already bring discounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Played the 1st on the 3ds when it came out a really good game that pushed the 3ds to the limits and shocked they got it running on it. Also it was the time with the stupid left joypad add on as well to play it.

Never played the 2nd so I hope there a retail game as it will be day 1 for me thinks as will suit the switch to a tee

Disappointed at the wording - "Switch versions" suggests there will be multiple discrete releases, but "Revelations 1+2" sounds like box set. I've already double-dipped on ResiRevs 1, but if they bundled it with 2 for a reasonable price I could be tempted...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I wonder if it'll be better received on the Switch.
    It didn't light any fires on the other consoles, already bring discounted.

There's been a certain amount of RE fatigue over the last few years. That's what stopped me playing RE:R

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

In the US it will be sold with Revelations 1 on a cart and 2 on a download voucher inside the same box.

Great to have Resi on the Switch now. Hopefuly Capcom keep coming with the support + newer titles too.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    There's been a certain amount of RE fatigue over the last few years. That's what stopped me playing RE:R

I think the comment you were quoting was about Lego Worlds. But here, my experience with the RE franchise is RE2 on PC - I never got past the 3rd or 4th screen where this big spidery yoke comes through the window or off the roof and murders me when I run out of bullets; RE4 on Wii - I don't think I beat the first boss, the fish, but if I did I didn't get very far beyond that. And it took me literally years to get that far; And RE Revelations on 3DS. ResiRevs is a different type of game. It's much faster, and while it's tense, and gross, and spooky it's also more about blowing **** up than being sensible, conserving ammunition or - crucially - running away from certain death. That last bit is what made me terrible at RE games, I just couldn't get my head around the idea that sometimes you were supposed to run like hell instead of popping caps in mofos' domes. Give it a go! It's cheap this week on 3DS and WiiU

Banjo wrote: »
    I think the comment you were quoting was about Lego Worlds. But here, my experience with the RE franchise is RE2 on PC - I never got past the 3rd or 4th screen where this big spidery yoke comes through the window or off the roof and murders me when I run out of bullets; RE4 on Wii - I don't think I beat the first boss, the fish, but if I did I didn't get very far beyond that. And it took me literally years to get that far; And RE Revelations on 3DS. ResiRevs is a different type of game. It's much faster, and while it's tense, and gross, and spooky it's also more about blowing **** up than being sensible, conserving ammunition or - crucially - running away from certain death. That last bit is what made me terrible at RE games, I just couldn't get my head around the idea that sometimes you were supposed to run like hell instead of popping caps in mofos' domes. Give it a go! It's cheap this week on 3DS and WiiU

Ah Fair enough, my mistake. I don't have a 3DS or a WiiU but I'll probably get them when they are on the Switch. That's if I ever get a go on it again. Mario Kart and Splatoon 2 seem to be the only things allowed these days with the family :)

fixxxer wrote: »

Yeah, I was talking about Lego Worlds, but Resi 4 seemed to be, for the longest time, the only Resi game worth playing in these modern times for many.
    Even though we have had REsident Evil on the GC being brought to every console know to man, and still being excellent.
    We can't understate just how damaging Resi 5 and 6 were, if it wasn't for Revelations the franchise might well have been abandoned.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Yeah, I was talking about Lego Worlds, but Resi 4 seemed to be, for the longest time, the only Resi game worth playing in these modern times for many.
    Even though we have had REsident Evil on the GC being brought to every console know to man, and still being excellent.
    We can't understate just how damaging Resi 5 and 6 were, if it wasn't for Revelations the franchise might well have been abandoned.

Forgetting RE7?
    A great RE Game

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Forgetting RE7?
    A great RE Game

Off Topic: The VR version is great :D

On Topic: I would probably get RE7 on the Switch as well.

I don't think the opportunity to produce a reinvention like REVII would have happened were it not for Resi Rev making the games relevant again.
    I reckon people had gotten jaded with the endless ports of Resident Evil 4 and the non-events of 5 and 6.
    The same rot that killed the Dead Space franchise, the move from an action horror to an all out action title with horror window dressing, had happened to the Resi series.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I am pleasantly surprised by the Sonic Mania digital price. A mere 20 quid. Happy out with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

chrislad wrote: »
    I am pleasantly surprised by the Sonic Mania digital price. A mere 20 quid. Happy out with that.

When is it out today ?

Let me know how you get on as I might be buying it if any good.

As I did enjoy sonic 4 when it came out a few years back

Out on the 15th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

When is it out today ?

Let me know how you get on as I might be buying it if any good.

As I did enjoy sonic 4 when it came out a few years back

Out the middle of August, but it's showing in the Coming Soon section of the eShop with the price.

Advertisement