Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Mr E wrote: »
    I had a look at their showcase. Don't recognise any of their games.

https://defold.com/games/

Looks like they're mostly mobile or browser games, so presumably the news sligeach linked to means we can look forward to more ports of mobile games to the eShop.

Huzzah...? No, that's not the reaction I'm looking for...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I suppose someone should post about it

Team Up to Battle in Pokémon UNITE!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=dgWeEGBbJDQ
    Pokémon UNITE is a strategic team battle game being developed jointly by The Pokémon Company and Tencent Games' TiMi Studios. Pokémon UNITE is planned as a cross-platform game for Nintendo Switch and mobile devices and will be free-to-start.

In this game, players face off against each other in 5-on-5 team battles. During battles, players will cooperate with teammates to catch wild Pokémon, level up and evolve their own Pokémon, and defeat opponents' Pokémon while trying to earn more points than the opposing team within the allotted time.

Pokémon UNITE introduces a new kind of Pokémon battle—one that requires teamwork and strategy. It is simple and yet full of intricacies waiting to be unpacked. Be sure to check out the video on this page for the first footage of Pokémon UNITE's gameplay.

I think even the most ardent Pokemon fans aren't impressed with this. The video itself has over 3 times as many dislikes compared to likes.

I don't give a damn about Pokemon. I'm sure I'm not alone in that. These past few weeks have been very disappointing from Nintendo. Pokemon Sword and Shield DLC, don't care. Pokemon Snap. Don't care. This. Don't care.

It was the same yesterday with Min Min. I'm bored of Smash and I'm not interested in a paid DLC character from a 3 year old game in a game that’s a year and a half old itself. Had it been Twintelle, I might have cared for about 15 minutes.

There's a lot of people not interested in Smash and Pokemon. Or Animal Crossing, but I'll leave that alone. Where's their fix?

There's Paper Mario: The Origami King which looks nice but we still don't know if they've fixed the mistakes of past games. And that's out in 3 weeks.

Nintendo could have given us something, as a watered down substitute for E3. The second half of the year, what's the story? It's bugged me for the last while, just had to get it off my chest.

Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate - Announcement - Nintendo Switch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rYsjKRykwAA
    Lead Shiren the Wanderer and his sidekick Koppa in their quest to conquer the Tower of Fortune! Coming to Nintendo Switch™ in 2020.

Classic Roguelike Gameplay - Each defeat brings you closer to victory as you learn new strategies and skills.
    Gorgeous Retro Graphics - Beautiful 2D graphics and colorful characters highlight your quest.
    Enhanced Port - Contains bonus dungeons not found in the original release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

sligeach wrote: »

I think even the most ardent Pokemon fans aren't impressed with this. The video itself has over 3 times as many dislikes compared to likes.

I don't give a damn about Pokemon. I'm sure I'm not alone in that. These past few weeks have been very disappointing from Nintendo. Pokemon Sword and Shield DLC, don't care. Pokemon Snap. Don't care. This. Don't care.

It was the same yesterday with Min Min. I'm bored of Smash and I'm not interested in a paid DLC character from a 3 year old game in a game that’s a year and a half old itself. Had it been Twintelle, I might have cared for about 15 minutes.

There's a lot of people not interested in Smash and Pokemon. Or Animal Crossing, but I'll leave that alone. Where's their fix?

There's Paper Mario: The Origami King which looks nice but we still don't know if they've fixed the mistakes of past games. And that's out in 3 weeks.

Nintendo could have given us something, as a watered down substitute for E3. The second half of the year, what's the story? It's bugged me for the last while, just had to get it off my chest.

Got an Xbox one x on sale to tide me over to BOTW2 or equivalent. :) Nothing happening Nintendo wise for me either. There are a load of AAA games going cheap on other platforms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm not a Pokémon or animal crossing fan but Nintendo know there are a lot out there. Look at Japan sales numbers for a start. Why cater to the small Metroid fan base when you have those numbers?
    I've played Smash and completed the campaign. I enjoy the reveals but haven't bought any of the dlc.

But they need to do something soon. Think I read they have a shareholder meeting soon? With the news that they're stepping back from mobile, they'll have to give them something. Though the impressive AC numbers should keep them a bit happier.

As you say, we have Paper Mario next month and no other first party games I can think of for the rest of the year.

They're possibly sitting on Metroid Prime HD trilogy and Mario collection at least. I know not new but would fill the void.
    Other games coming out are more niche like No More Heroes and Deadly Premonition, as well as Bravely Default

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Aren't you the same guy who is still refusing to buy a Switch because you're (understandably) annoyed about the short lifespan of the Wii U? Or is there a somewhat sane reason for you to be annoyed about a company that you seem to enjoy hating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm not a Pokémon or animal crossing fan but Nintendo know there are a lot out there. Look at Japan sales numbers for a start. Why cater to the small Metroid fan base when you have those numbers?
    I've played Smash and completed the campaign. I enjoy the reveals but haven't bought any of the dlc.

But they need to do something soon. Think I read they have a shareholder meeting soon? With the news that they're stepping back from mobile, they'll have to give them something. Though the impressive AC numbers should keep them a bit happier.

As you say, we have Paper Mario next month and no other first party games I can think of for the rest of the year.

They're possibly sitting on Metroid Prime HD trilogy and Mario collection at least. I know not new but would fill the void.
    Other games coming out are more niche like No More Heroes and Deadly Premonition, as well as Bravely Default
    Every time I see a new post n this thread I'm hoping it's an announcement for this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Thank God for the modding scene it's the only way you can find a new pokemon game that is good at this stage, its Tencent that are making this so there is less rose tinted views of it. Its beyond stale but nothing they are doing is promising, this is a MOBA so will probably make a lot of cash for them.

Ninjala - Launch Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Pgqyhc3ax4I
    Ninja-Gum
    Use Ninja-Gum to blow bubbles that can be tossed at your foes, craft all sorts of weapons, and dash across stages.

The appearance and variety of your weapon will vary depending on the type of Ninja-Gum you use.

Competitive Player
    Take part in Battle Royale-style matches of up to 8 players and vie for supremacy with ninja around the world. The player who earns the most points over the course of the match will be declared the winner. Score points by defeating your opponents, obtaining items, destroying drones positioned across the stage, and more. Earn extra points by taking down your opponents with an IPPON—impressive finishing techniques.

Cooperative Play
    Join up with friends and take part in a 4-on-4 team battle. Cooperate with your teammates and earn more points than the opposing team to be declared the winner.

A colorful variety of costumes and accessories from an array of unique fashion brands are available. Choose from a wide variety of avatar items which can be combined as you see fit. You can stick to one brand for a consistent look, or mix and match to create a style all your own!

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Ninjala-1390525.html

Mr DRILLER DrillLand - Launch Trailer - Switch/PC

https://youtube.com/watch?v=--esz_GtHCg
    Mr. DRILLER returns in Mr. DRILLER DrillLand, now available on Nintendo Switch and Steam! Explore and conquer the attractions in Drill Land and play with up to 3 friends in multiplayer mode. Try the demo today!

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Mr-DRILLER-DrillLand-1749058.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Anyone given Ninjala a go? Looks like a fun little game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I did. Found it to be very button mashy. It's free though so worth a download to test it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭BuyersRemorse

Earth Defense Force coming to Switch sometime later this year with a new voxel style art design:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Earth Defense Force coming to Switch sometime later this year with a new voxel style art design:

Those games are insane, I've a couple on PS2/3 and 360.
    EDF! EDF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Those games are insane, I've a couple on PS2/3 and 360.
    EDF! EDF!

EDF5 is only €25 in the Steam sale. Best the series has been, cant go back to 4.1 due to all the quality of life changes. Framerate still falls to "early moving picture slideshow" tier when the Air Raider starts throwing beacons around, though.

This Switch game looks interesting, think you can switch characters so maybe less based on your loadout and more which characters you pick. Hopefully still the same level of destruction, game could devolve into Team America levels of "razing cities to save them" very quickly.

NINTENDO SAYS THE CORONAVIRUS CURRENTLY HAS NO IMPACT ON GAME RELEASES THIS FISCAL YEAR

https://nintendosoup.com/nintendo-says-the-coronavirus-currently-has-no-impact-on-game-releases-this-fiscal-year/

They must be games we don't know about because beyond Paper Mario: The Origami King which releases in 3 weeks, today, their slate is blank for the rest of the year. Can't see BOTW 2 coming out this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Actually, did you see the teaser for EDF 6 at the end of the trailer?

I wonder if that will be Switch-bound?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭BuyersRemorse

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Actually, did you see the teaser for EDF 6 at the end of the trailer?

I wonder if that will be Switch-bound?

I'm guessing that the voxel style one will be Switch and EDF 6 will go to the PS4, although I'd love to be wrong as the more EDF the better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

NINTENDO SAYS THE CORONAVIRUS CURRENTLY HAS NO IMPACT ON GAME RELEASES THIS FISCAL YEAR

https://nintendosoup.com/nintendo-says-the-coronavirus-currently-has-no-impact-on-game-releases-this-fiscal-year/

They must be games we don't know about because beyond Paper Mario: The Origami King which releases in 3 weeks, today, their slate is blank for the rest of the year. Can't see BOTW 2 coming out this year.

They could get it out this year, but really they don't need to. Switch can do no wrong at the moment. Maybe March 2021, 4 years after the first game ? Really, they don't need to ship it until Switch 2.

Also, there are a ton of people still buying BOTW1 at full price!

nintendoo wrote: »
    They could get it out this year, but really they don't need to. Switch can do no wrong at the moment. Maybe March 2021, 4 years after the first game ? Really, they don't need to ship it until Switch 2.

There's an argument that they won't want to release it this year - they're still selling the first one at full whack 3 years on, so why would you want to derail that gravytrain?

• Advertisement

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 - Official 2nd Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=C5eVKsmguKY
    Classic-style Bloodstained action from Koji Igarashi and INTI CREATES is coming July 10th, 2020 to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam with Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2!

http://www.curseofthemoon.com/en/2/

In this new trailer, allies from the past are revealed with the inclusion of Zangetsu's allies from the original Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - Miriam, Alfred, and Gebel.

With the inclusion of a two player co-op mode, friends can take the battle against demonkind to new heights. Combine the abilities of different characters and create a near limitless amount of new ways to traverse stages and defeat tough bosses.

Azure Striker GUNVOLT 3 - First Look Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MZjYTwG2_mI
    Inti Creates announced the newest title in their “Azure Striker GUNVOLT” series with the reveal of “Azure Striker GUNVOLT 3” at the online indie game event “BitSummut Gaiden”.

This game is a true blue sequel to “Azure Striker GUNVOLT” (2014, 3DS) and “Azure Striker GUNVOLT 2” (2016, 3DS), and sees the return of action supervisor Keiji Inafune (LEVEL5 comcept CCO), who worked together with director Yoshihisa Tsuda on the first two games, reprising his role for GUNVOLT 3. Together, they aim to bring the ultra-refined 2D action the series is known for to the next level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I wonder if that guy kept a straight face during that voice over.

Looks like a big game though.

I was thinking while watching it, was he in a sound booth and told to say "coming soon" and then immediately after, now we'd like you to say "coming July 10th 2020"? The 2 trailers are literally days apart. I always find those staged deep voices odd in ads. "In a world where..."

Bravely Default 2 Enters Its Final Stages of Development

https://www.dualshockers.com/bravely-default-2-almost-complete/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Deadly Premonition 2 is out in 2 weeks and like the original still looks like a low effort HD remake of a PS2 game. The skateboarding looks like it murdered the framerate, maybe that is this games mystery.

Standard, Classic and Premium Editions of Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer for the Nintendo Switch will be available to pre-order starting 10th July from Limited Run Games.

CRYSIS REMASTERED GAMEPLAY TRAILER LEAKS
    Whoops!

https://gonintendo.com/stories/364096-crysis-remastered-gameplay-trailer-leaks

You'll find an embedded PC version of the trailer at the link.

CRYSIS REMASTERED MAY LAUNCH ON JULY 23RD, 2020, NEW SCREENS AND INFO RELEASED
    Crysis might be coming sooner than expected

https://gonintendo.com/stories/364091-crysis-remastered-may-launch-on-july-23rd-2020-new-screens-and

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

That doesn't look very remastered to me.

• Advertisement

I came across this Tweet a few days ago but wasn't sure if I should say anything, because, well, who are these people and are they trustworthy? Also, when I tried Google Translate, it wasn't clear that a Switch Monster Hunter game is in the works.

Now a major site is reporting on Capcom's AGM and the possibility of a new Monster Hunter game for Switch, so I thought I'd mention it at least. Though, again, they're making assumptions and there's nothing official.

Did Capcom Just Hint at a New Monster Hunter for Nintendo Switch?

https://www.siliconera.com/did-capcom-just-hint-at-a-new-monster-hunter-for-nintendo-switch/

Advertisement