Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

sligeach wrote: »
    Of course it's worth sharing. It possibly shows just what Nintendo will let on the eShop or what nearly slipped through the net. I think it's junk, but I post the good and the bad. And if it's real, it'll probably get a lot more headlines. If it was coming out on the 13th July as the article says, then it should have been in this week's European downloads press release. It should be on the eShop too. I'd say someone nabbed it in the nick of time.

Nope. There's no value or contribution in sharing something so obviously garbage. It's well established all the major stores - Steam, eShop, etc. - have quality control issues so why pollute this thread when the eShop is already thus? Shovelware doesn't need more promotion out of some sense of digital egalitarianism.

Especially when the game is something that creepy and gross. I only subscribe to this thread to keep track of titles, both mainstream and of "hidden gem", not being reminded that there's Unity Asset shít out there.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

pixelburp wrote: »
    Nope. There's no value or contribution in sharing something so obviously garbage. It's well established all the major stores - Steam, eShop, etc. - have quality control issues so why pollute this thread when the eShop is already thus? Shovelware doesn't need more promotion out of some sense of digital egalitarianism.

Especially when the game is something that creepy and gross. I only subscribe to this thread to keep track of titles, both mainstream and of "hidden gem", not being reminded that there's Unity Asset shít out there.

I think you'll find it's a very recent discovery that Nintendo will allow all sorts of shovelware pish onto their platform. And of course it makes sense to highlight each individual droplet of pish, rather than focusing on the good games that are worth people's attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Some people here really are unbelievable, who contribute nothing to this thread, but take the time to whine over a headline and a video, neither of which you have to click. You were given fair warning. I post about literally everything, good, bad and indifferent. Trust me, I could have posted a far more lewd image and article about the game. But wash your eyes for reading the word "sexual".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Just news dumping for the sake of it isn't what forums are really about though, that's what Nintendolife etc. are for. In fact years ago when I first started on boards, people would get warnings and even bans for news dumping.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Some people here really are unbelievable, who contribute nothing to this thread, but take the time to whine over a headline and a video, neither of which you have to click

People can make comment if they choose to, regardless of posting history.
    There are a lot of users who come here and read, but don't post, and they have just as much right to make a comment or criticism if they like, as long as it is not personal.

You were given fair warning. I post about literally everything, good, bad and indifferent. Trust me, I could have posted a far more lewd image and article about the game. But wash your eyes for reading the word "sexual".

To be honest, there is no harm in applying a bit of a filter to the range of content you post here.
    I asked before now that people don't simply repost press releases and, in cases since, that's precisely what you have done.
    As I said then, I'd rather hear your opinion, not simply some other sites opinion, so use a link and tell people what you think, instead of a lift from elsewhere.

I get this is likely to offend you, but we are all equal here, as posters and users and no one has more rights to post material than others, and no one gets to call time on a debate, aside from the moderator.

So, keep up posting here everyone, but be mindful that others need to enjoy the experience, not just you.

• Advertisement

This is the "Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases" thread. Newsreaders don't give their impressions or views on news. Why is my opinion needed on every press release or video? There is a general Switch discussion thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057712473

I also don't believe "we are all equal here". I think some Mods can say what they like without recrimination, that’s what it looks like to me. And you should know what I'm talking about, it's not the Mods in charge of this part of the site for anyone wondering.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This is the "Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases" thread. Newsreaders don't give their impressions or views on news. Why is my opinion needed on every press release or video? There is a general Switch discussion thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057712473

I also don't believe "we are all equal here". I think some Mods can say what they like without recrimination, that’s what it looks like to me. And you should know what I'm talking about, it's not the Mods in charge of this part of the site for anyone wondering.

Okay, so I get that you aren't happy, so we will let this go.
    But arguing with a mod is against the terms of the site and can lead to an infraction.

Unless it is a mod of this forum, they are posting like any other user, with the same rights and restrictions.

No user has a "role" here to post news, that's not what it is for.
    If you want a place that is a simple collection of press releases, Nintendo Life is right there.
    We post news of interest to the group and look for discussion, not just pasting in tweets and images from other sites.

This is a community, we are all a part of it, and we all abide by the rules, or shouldn't take part.
    This includes arguing with a moderator of the forum.

So, no one should be insulted here, but should keep in mind what I have said in this post and my previous one.

And, if anyone is interested in reading this far, myself and Mr E are the only moderators who are active in moderating the Nintendo forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Treehouse Live tomorrow at 6pm Irish time. Gameplay of Paper Mario and a first look at a new game from Wayforward.

The rumoured 2D Metroid came to mind when they mentioned about the new game. Especially the way it's worded "...in a franchise new to developer Wayforward" Would like to see Warioland possibly resurface too.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1281332462040186880?s=19

Paper Mario is possibly the first game on the Switch in a long time I've been quite excited for, maybe not to this degree since Mario Odyssey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Corholio wrote: »
    Treehouse Live tomorrow at 6pm Irish time. Gameplay of Paper Mario and a first look at a new game from Wayforward.

The rumoured 2D Metroid came to mind when they mentioned about the new game. Especially the way it's worded "...in a franchise new to developer Wayforward" Would like to see Warioland possibly resurface too.

Won't be Metroid or Warioland unfortunately! (unless they're lying)

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1281354234328313856?s=19

• Advertisement

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Won't be Metroid or Warioland unfortunately! (unless they're lying)

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1281354234328313856?s=19

Interesting. It seems weird for Nintendo to specifically mention it being in a new franchise for Wayforward. Maybe just a way to say 'it's not a new Shantae' etc.

My unrealistic expectations are set high for a new Castlevania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I've never played a Paper Mario, what am I missing??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

fixXxer wrote: »
    I've never played a Paper Mario, what am I missing??

Games that ooze charm, humour and heart. I played Thousand Year Door first and it was a real eye opener, I didn't know games could do what it did.

Even Super Paper Mario, which wasn't especially well received compared to its predecessors, is wonderful.

I've not played Sticker Star and the paint one so this Origami one is my return to the series. Can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 is out today.

Rhyme wrote: »
    Games that ooze charm, humour and heart. I played Thousand Year Door first and it was a real eye opener, I didn't know games could do what it did.

Even Super Paper Mario, which wasn't especially well received compared to its predecessors, is wonderful.

I've not played Sticker Star and the paint one so this Origami one is my return to the series. Can't wait :)

I really enjoyed the ones on the N64 and GC, and the Wii title was very clever indeed.
    My son played the others in the series, aside from the WiiU title, and enjoyed them a lot, as well as the crossovers with Mario&Luigi.
    I've actually got Mario RPG for my SNES which I really should break out and play.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've played and enjoyed Super Paper Mario, but not any of the rest of the series. Similarly I've played the SNES Super Mario RPG but not the rest (well, I think I've got Partners In Time on the DS somewhere, but I haven't played much of it).

I'm curious about how Origami is received, as it would be nice to have a new Mario game :)

Xenji wrote: »

And I'll definitely be picking that up, the first one was such a surprise, I really enjoyed it.

It's not unrealistic at all. It's my bet. Konami are good for nothing lazy $h1t$ these days. WayForward are unlikely to be making a 3rd party game for other companies. But Konami? That's a whole different story and would definitely fit the bill. When you look at the big 3rd party games on SNES, we've had Contra and Bomberman farmed out and made by external developers for Konami on Switch. Castlevania is stage worthy and it would suit WayForward's talents. It's likely a Switch timed exclusive. Think about it, why would Nintendo single out one Indie game and give it a major stage if it's not something that's going to grab some headlines? Nintendo told developers they weren't having a Direct and to do their own thing. Now watch me fall flat on my face.

Plus, with Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 out today, the timing would be perfect.

Don't Get Caught isn't coming to Nintendo Switch. Ultimate Games said the listing was an "accident" but didn't explain why it appeared on the Nintendo eShop store front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Xenji wrote: »
    Never played a huge amount of Castlevania but tempted by this. Just gotta decide if I'll jump in on 2 or give 1 a try first

It could be anything so setting expectations low is probably best and not get disappointed when it's not a new Castlevania or Contra, or be delighted if it is :P.

Good to have the Treehouse this year again though redardless.

Here the feed to Treehouse Live.

Nintendo Treehouse: Live | July 2020

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0PSp2kktL98

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

They're really dragging the arse out of this already.

Hahaha all that for a Bakugan game.

Hadn't heard of Bakugan in years. Is it still popular somewhere? Weird one to put beside Paper Mario but wasn't much expectation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Hadn't heard of Bakugan at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bakugan looks like a higher res 3DS game, still pulls it off better than Pokémon did. The surprise announcement was underwhelming, feels like a really out of date idea.

So everybody hyped for Bakugan? I think not. :mad: Nintendo are getting a lot of abuse on Twitter and Youtube for this. The official Youtube video has over twice as many dislikes to likes. Treehouse Live was not the place for this announcement. I had some hopes, but this? Pfft! I feel sorry in a way for WayForward.

Crysis Remastered is still coming out on Switch on 23rd July. I think the other versions are still delayed.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Crysis-Remastered-1805803.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

nintendo getting people hyped for that new bakugan game. i hope this isnt a signal that they have nothing significant in terms of new games coming out and decided to hype up that game. i mean jesus christ...

Advertisement