Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Amazon posted a Need for Speed Hot Pursuit holding page for PS4 and Xbox One too that was quickly taken down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

For anyone looking for a FF Tactics-esque RPG, Banner of the Maid is proving to be a very fun game.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

35th mario anniversary coming soon and the tokyo game show is supposed to be next month (digital event now bc covid? or called off ). i believe nintendo has stuff upcoming to show for that event if its on. maybe put it out in a direct

35th mario anniversary coming soon and the tokyo game show is supposed to be next month (digital event now bc covid? or called off ). i believe nintendo has stuff upcoming to show for that event if its on. maybe put it out in a direct

re-releases of old / existing Mario games at best.

Mario Galaxy on switch is something but still Nintendo really dragging their heels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

A Super Mario Sunshine remaster is on the way. They've hinted about it enough. I'll probably bite on it. Never bought it on GameCube back in the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

manual_man wrote: »
    A Super Mario Sunshine remaster is on the way. They've hinted about it enough. I'll probably bite on it. Never bought it on GameCube back in the day

I'd be there in a second as well. The FLUDD-less levels are heart-breaking, can't wait.

...though I'd jump for Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 first if they all appeared at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Just seen Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles doesn't seem to be getting a physical copy in the west so neither Europe or US Play-Asia have a cart up to preorder but seems to be an Asian cart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Anyone picking up PGA Tour 2K21 tomorrow? Reviews seem to be coming in at around the 7 mark.

Doesn't have the course design option on Switch also seems to be very expensive tomorrow it's released on eshop but I believe the physical cart is still about a month away so I'm holding off until that's out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Doesn't have the course design option on Switch also seems to be very expensive tomorrow it's released on eshop but I believe the physical cart is still about a month away so I'm holding off until that's out

Smyths showing as available tomorrow, €49.99. Is that a physical or just a code?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Ah flip. Didn't spot the difference in release date. That's a pain.
    Don't fancy getting it digital.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, this has finally hadaa release date announced,
    Hotshot Racing, for computers and consoles, on September 10th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, this has finally hadaa release date announced,
    Hotshot Racing, for computers and consoles, on September 10th
    Looks nice - similar aesthetic to Horizon Chase Turbo with the low poly look

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Looks nice - similar aesthetic to Horizon Chase Turbo with the low poly look

90s Arcade Racer fell into a hole somewhere, so this is as close as I'm going to get to modern Sega thrills, Virtua Racing aside.

I'm hoping that this one feels less like a mobile phone game than Horizon Chase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    90s Arcade Racer fell into a hole somewhere, so this is as close as I'm going to get to modern Sega thrills, Virtua Racing aside.

I'm hoping that this one feels less like a mobile phone game than Horizon Chase.

I know what you mean - the turning looks better on this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's from Sumo so it's going to be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

https://twitter.com/TheSixthAxis/status/1301508604785291264?s=19

Nintendo have announced the long-expected Super Mario 3D All-Stars remaster bundle, bringing together Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy into a single package to celebrate the 35th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros.

The Super Mario 3D All-Stars will be out for Nintendo Switch on 18th September, with the physical release a limited-time production and the digital version only on sale until the end of March 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The Super Mario 3D All-Stars will be out for Nintendo Switch on 18th September, with the physical release a limited-time production and the digital version only on sale until the end of March 2021.

Anyone know why that is??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

ERG89 wrote: »
    Anyone know why that is??

No idea. Watched the Nintendo Direct there and there was no explanation...

Actually. Its likely to build demand and sell loads, plain and simple. Make it more limited or people feel like they've only a limited chance to buy it and it'll rocket sales.

• Advertisement

Really hope it gets a retail release and not limited run games or one of those types selling it

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Xofpod

No idea. Watched the Nintendo Direct there and there was no explanation...

Actually. Its likely to build demand and sell loads, plain and simple. Make it more limited or people feel like they've only a limited chance to buy it and it'll rocket sales.

Any indication of price?
    I'm only kidding myself, I'm clearly buying it anyway (Galaxy 1 my favourite Mario of all, never finished Sunshine) but I don't see the physical up on any sites yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Xofpod wrote: »
    Any indication of price?
    I'm only kidding myself, I'm clearly buying it anyway (Galaxy 1 my favourite Mario of all, never finished Sunshine) but I don't see the physical up on any sites yet.
    USD$60 so I'd guess the same here
    https://supermario3dallstars.nintendo.com/buy/

Zelda 35th anniversary after Christmas dream combo like this

Minish Cap Majora's Mask Twilight Princess(GameCube)

My only decision is physical or digital, and it's only going to be physical to be honest.
    This looks fantastic, but I wonder if Super Mario Galaxy 2 will be coming at a later date.

The racing game, while I don't see myself playing it I will, no doubt, buy it, it looks remarkable.

And, lastly, the Game&Watch has to be mine, it is simply beautiful!

Not to derail the Mario hype train but

Ys Origins has been confirmed for October 1st release on Switch. Can't ducking wait for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

I like Nintendo but sometimes I hate their business practices.
    More than Likely the reason for the Mario 3D collection being limited time only is probably due to covid hampering their current games in production and needing a solid Christmas Window to rival The Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X holiday release this Christmas, and what better way to get people to rush out and buy the switch than to release probably the greatest collection of games fans wanted ported over for a limited time till the end of March 2021. :mad:

I like Nintendo but sometimes I hate their business practices.
    More than Likely the reason for the Mario 3D collection being limited time only is probably due to covid hampering their current games in production and needing a solid Christmas Window to rival The Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X holiday release this Christmas, and what better way to get people to rush out and buy the switch than to release probably the greatest collection of games fans wanted ported over for a limited time till the end of March 2021. :mad:

To take the most positive you said and restate it, this is a collection of some of the best game ever made and I would imagine the bulk of Switch owners probably missed all of them.
    So, this is a massive win for newcomers to Nintendo, especially if they have done a little work on the cameras on Mario 64.
    It's unlikely the PS5 and Xbox Series X will have anything as good as this for a long time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Zelda 35th anniversary after Christmas dream combo like this

Minish Cap Majora's Mask Twilight Princess(GameCube)

Would probably weep with joy if I could play a non-fugly version of Majora on the big screen. Dunno which sign of the apocalypse is the Mario 3D Allstars collection actually happening but I'm on board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And seems you can use the Nintendo Switch vouchers to get them cheaper, according to the email. Eshop prices are 59.99 each for HD collection and 3d World. Or 2 vouchers for 99.99

Advertisement