Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My only decision is physical or digital, and it's only going to be physical to be honest.
    This looks fantastic, but I wonder if Super Mario Galaxy 2 will be coming at a later date.

The racing game, while I don't see myself playing it I will, no doubt, buy it, it looks remarkable.

And, lastly, the Game&Watch has to be mine, it is simply beautiful!

I never got to play it the first time around and since SMG is probably my favourite Mario game it's disappointing to see it missing in the collection, and completely ignored in the Direct.:(

I'd say it'd probably have been a smarter decision to release Mario 64 for free on Nintendo Switch Online, and bundle Sunshine and the Galaxy games instead.

I suppose they could always tack it on as a DLC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

Disappointed its just an optimised sm64 and its not much texture wise but ill take it. Any kind boardsie thats also getting the all stars physical edition. Please post here an say when its available please. Id like to pick one up too and would hate to miss it. I"ll do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

GameStop Twitter are looking into availability Smyth's don't seem to have anything up yet only other Bricks and Mortar option is Argos they're all more focused on next gen than this and it looks to have been pulled from thin air by Nintendo so maybe it'll be Monday before there's info from these three

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Disappointed its just an optimised sm64 and its not much texture wise but ill take it. Any kind boardsie thats also getting the all stars physical edition. Please post here an say when its available please. Id like to pick one up too and would hate to miss it. I"ll do the same.

It is up now on Amazon, just pre ordered it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Never actually played any of those games that are part of the new All Stars pack, but a tad disappointed none are proper remasters (by the looks of things). Mario 64 looks very prototypical of the sub-genre of Mario games seen later with Galaxy & Odyssey; and those early 3D platform games were kinda notorious for having awful cameras - no idea if that included Mario 64.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »

I love you. Thanks! Its a balls ya have to parcel motel it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Do you have a link? I can't find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭itsa_me_mario

It's unlikely the PS5 and Xbox Series X will have anything as good as this for a long time!

Well, it's 35 years, and there is still nothing like these on other platforms.
    (I've just put a post on the "new Nintendo direct" channel about the brilliance of these games.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭GreyAlien

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the delivery address or delete the item from your order.

Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the delivery address or delete the item from your order.

Wonder if Smyths will do it cheaper ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You have to Parcel Motel it unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

You have to Parcel Motel it unfortunately.

Thanks for the link, pre-ordered. Must keep an eye out now for cheaper options. The Game Collection are normally good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just pre-ordered from Amazon but, if Smyth's have a better deal I'll cancel and buy from them instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Smyths for 59.99 so will go with that. Think Parcel Motel cancels out any savings with amazon. Plus amazon has become really unreliable for me lately.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

God's help me but I've ordered both the Game and Watch and Mario Kart Live from Nintendo.co.uk
    £149.99 for the two...
    I'm in deep folks, no hope of rescue

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Smyths for 59.99 so will go with that. Think Parcel Motel cancels out any savings with amazon. Plus amazon has become really unreliable for me lately.

Just cancelled the Amazon order and going with Smyth's, at least I'll have release day instead of the mucking about Amazon have been up to lately

Just cancelled the Amazon order and going with Smyth's, at least I'll have release day instead of the mucking about Amazon have been up to lately

I got my Wii + Galaxy , my Wii U + 3d World and my Switch + Odyssey in Smyths. Mainly because they were the cheapest and I could drive there and pick those suckers up in person!

Yeah Smyths are handy and rarely much more expensive than online prices.
    When once I would go to amazon as my first port of call, they've gotten really bad lately and only use them if necessary.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah Smyths are handy and rarely much more expensive than online prices.
    When once I would go to amazon as my first port of call, they've gotten really bad lately and only use them if necessary.

Never had a problem with Amazon until recently. Couple of games lost by DPD and a desk that's not getting shipped for some reason. No problem getting my money back though.

Early on Amazon were great, delivering to Irish addresses ahead of the release date.
    But lately they've been terrible, for games at least.

Smyth's is handy, as said, I can nip off to the local branch and pick up my goodies.

I'm hoping they've got something nice as a pre-order bonus...

That's just it. They lost an SSD that I had to reorder. They stopped tracking Last of Us 2 and thought it was lost but turned up a couple weeks after the original date I was given. So if this is limited, I would rather know I was getting it rather than have it get lost with no way to replace it.
    And due to their lack of reliability I didn't buy any Christmas presents from them last year since no guarantee they would've made it here in time, if at all.

Early on Amazon were great, delivering to Irish addresses ahead of the release date.
    But lately they've been terrible, for games at least.

Smyth's is handy, as said, I can nip off to the local branch and pick up my goodies.

I'm hoping they've got something nice as a pre-order bonus...

Those mario pins look really nice ... But US only it seems.

What do you need for Nintendo store uk to ship to Ireland address ... ?

Those mario pins look really nice ... But US only it seems.

What do you need for Nintendo store uk to ship to Ireland address ... ?

I'm using Parcel Motel, but they've shipped to my home address before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

The Game & Watch is there for pre-order on the GameStop.ie website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I've gone for Smyths myself too. Just ordered the 3D All Stars and Luigi Kart Live. Didn't think Nintendo was gonna get any money off me for the remainder of the year. Now they got €170. Eeep!

i kinda want the game and watch smb but i know the damn thing would just sit in my drawer after a a week or two :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I dont see it on Smyths website anywhere..

Edit:Never mind,... found it

• Advertisement

i kinda want the game and watch smb but i know the damn thing would just sit in my drawer after a a week or two :/

We're meant to use these things? I thought it could just sit nicely by my unopened NES and SNES minis

Advertisement