Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,843 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

xckjoo wrote: »
    The FAQ on preorders say that payment is preauthorized on the card 2-7 days before release. You can change the card details before that but you might have the same issue there. I'd say ring them and see what they say but there's no obvious way of doing it

just occurred to me that I might be able to buy a gift voucher using my Me2You card ... then I should be able to pay for it online.

Worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    3D All stars looks to be a remaster as well with textures being redrawn and videos totally remastered.

Must be the laziest remasters I've ever seen. Mario 64/Sunshine will likely run at 30fps and all the games really look their age now.
    Tony Hawk last week now that was a remaster these in comparison are half-assed. When Activision know how to do remasters better than Nintendo its a sad state of affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

ERG89 wrote: »
    Must be the laziest remasters I've ever seen. Mario 64/Sunshine will likely run at 30fps and all the games really look their age now.
    Tony Hawk last week now that was a remaster these in comparison are half-assed. When Activision know how to do remasters better than Nintendo its a sad state of affairs.

u ok hun?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Tony Hawk is a full on remake, not a remaster. But yeah, maybe Nintendo could have done a little more for a collection like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

i think you have a point to be fair. My first major exposure to Mario was the first All-stars package on the SNES and that has always been my reference point for those 4 games. The odd time I have went back to the NES versions and find it so jarring from what I remember from my youth.

Those games had vastly updated graphics and sound as well as the ability to save your game to battery back-up.

One of the many comparison videos here:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Tony Hawk is a full on remake, not a remaster. But yeah, maybe Nintendo could have done a little more for a collection like this.

It genuinely says on the front and the back of the game's box they are remasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

It genuinely says on the front and the back of the game's box they are remasters.

Fair enough. But they're built from the ground up with new assets and a complete overhaul to everything, pretty much completely remade. Remaster seems to have become a fairly loose term anyway.

There was never any chance of getting something similar from Nintendo anyway. The only reason Activision gave this treatment to Crash, Spyro and Tony Hawk is because they were dead franchises. Mario still sells as well as ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity announced!

Prequel to Breath of the Wild. Released. 20 November.

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1303332755800043520?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Very nice, loved the first Hyrule Warriors.

I wonder what other playable characters there will be beside Link, Zelda and the 4 Champions? Impa in her prime? Purah, back when she was young the first time? Hestu..maraca based combo attacks?

Uses BOTW engine. Very excited for this.

Hyrule-Warriors-Age-of-Calamity-A-story-100-years-before-The-Legend-of-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

dribbble-02.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, that's pretty much a guaranteed buy for me. Hyrule Warriors was great, and this looks even better.

There's no way to have a 'good' ending though, unless they're going for alternative timeline kinda thing...

Star Lord wrote: »
    Yeah, that's pretty much a guaranteed buy for me. Hyrule Warriors was great, and this looks even better.

There's no way to have a 'good' ending though, unless they're going for alternative timeline kinda thing...

I dunno. Halo Reach was probably the best Halo game and that was never gonna have a happy ending. (I know this isn't a proper Zelda game but still)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭itsa_me_mario

OK - so BOTW2 won't be out for a while folks. :(
    It's kind of like what they did with Wind Waker HD on WiiU when BOTW was delayed ...
    Sounds like it'll be one hell of a game when it does arrive.

Great they they are trusting the BOTW engine out to other companies.
    Maybe Mario Odyssey 2 using this engine. Open World MARIO. :)

Anyone who thought BOTW2 was coming out this year clearly hasn't been following/Playing Nintendo games very long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭itsa_me_mario

I still think they've one or two more big announcements lined up for December time.
    MS firing off big announcements, Sony very soon.
    Nintendo will go "nice hardware guys, we have some actual games here...pow!" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I wasn't a big fan of Hyrule Warriors - it was fine, just a bit boring.

However, this looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

This looks great. Didn't like the look of Hyrule Warriors gameplay a few years back but the setting of this one as a prequel to BOTW has me all in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

Heard the debates on remastering quality but the release of those 3 games in an all star package is enough to get a casual like me to buy the switch!

Now to figure out if I want the lite or the normal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

35th Zelda anniversary next year. You'll see BotW 2 then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Coybig_ wrote: »
    Heard the debates on remastering quality but the release of those 3 games in an all star package is enough to get a casual like me to buy the switch!

Go for the normal. I had the normal, and I got rid of it for a while. I then bought a Lite and I couldn't get on with it. Currently in the process of swapping it for a normal one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

35th Zelda anniversary next year. You'll see BotW 2 then.

Or, if the 35th Mario Anniv is anything to go by, a Zelda 3D All Stars with Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Coybig_ wrote: »

I like the Lite. Never get a chance to play on the TV anyway so it suits better. The full size is nice but IMO the Lite feels a little sturdier.

I'm slightly worried that some of the remastered games will need the detachable joy cons for the best controls but I'll deal with that if it happens.

I think first party wise, that'll be this years releases done now. Should be one or two more Partner Directs with third party announcements, along with random third party announcements too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Gunmonkey wrote:
    Or, if the 35th Mario Anniv is anything to go by, a Zelda 3D All Stars with Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Or oracle of seasons and ages with the new links awakening engine.... Ohhh ohhh start the rumourmill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I like how Nintendo decide to apologise for a delay to a Zelda game by releasing a Zelda game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

3D All stars looks to be a remaster as well with textures being redrawn and videos totally remastered.

They're not gonna f*ck with the music, are they?

Please don't f*ck with the music.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Please don't f*ck with the music.

Probably my favourite Val Doonican song...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My take away from this article is that we seem likely to see a 4k capable Switch successor.
    The only thing that makes it seem more likely is the suggestion that developers have been asked to retask their efforts in that direction by Nintendo, according to Verge's sources.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/9/21428580/nintendo-switch-production-new-model-4k

Advertisement