Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

The BOTW engine looks cool as always, but those "dynasty" games are absolute tosh.

BTW anyone worried that MArio Sunshine looks to be a straight emulation because they have the Gamecube "X" button on all the graphics which looks lazy as hell.

I remember playing the Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask versons on the Gamecube (Remember that cool zelda's collector's edition disc they gave away), and they were able to map the Gamecube controller scheme onto the game instead of the N64. It looks like they didn't even bother doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Ubisoft event is on tomorrow. Current rumour du jour is Prince of Persia remake, which seems to be skipping the Switch in the current form of said rumour.

I’d love if they announced the Ezio Trilogy. I’ve replaying AC3 (not as bad as I remembered) and I would love to replay 2 through Revelations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Honestly hopefull we will see a third South Park game

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Is there any point in Nintendo releasing a "more powerful" Switch at this time?

Like I think people happily accept it's limitations, and feel like the handheld feature and quality of games make up for that. Would people really be persuaded to go for a Switch over xbox/sony because they beefed up the specs.

BOTW and SMO sold the Switch imo, a new Zelda game would go farther towards sustaining success I think.

I suppose if they want to keep bringing games like Doom etc. they need to, and you need to keep moving forward, but seems a little soon to me. I like consoles to get a decent lifespan to cement their library and uniqueness, especially something as odd as the Switch, they're not PCs yet imo despite what people say. Unless they continue this endless porting making console generations meaningless...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the delivery address or delete the item from your order.

I have ordered 3D All Stars again and they are delivering to ROI so no need for Parcel Motel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

No More Heroes 3 delayed to 2021 due to 2020 being 2020.

https://twitter.com/Grasshopper_EN/status/1303876111667871744

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mucashinto wrote: »
    Is there any point in Nintendo releasing a "more powerful" Switch at this time?

Like I think people happily accept it's limitations, and feel like the handheld feature and quality of games make up for that. Would people really be persuaded to go for a Switch over xbox/sony because they beefed up the specs.

BOTW and SMO sold the Switch imo, a new Zelda game would go farther towards sustaining success I think.

I suppose if they want to keep bringing games like Doom etc. they need to, and you need to keep moving forward, but seems a little soon to me. I like consoles to get a decent lifespan to cement their library and uniqueness, especially something as odd as the Switch, they're not PCs yet imo despite what people say. Unless they continue this endless porting making console generations meaningless...

I think the Switch is bumping into the hard limit of it's abilities and, in order to compete for more market share it needs to offer something a little more.
    Perhaps it's the slow rate of AAA titles that is spurring them on.
    I mean, you aren't wrong, the 1st party stuff has, as usual, been stellar and often better than anything the PS4/XB1 has to offer, but it is an expensive and slow business making games of that quality and, if anything, the AAA release rate on the Switch is low.
    With 3rd parties bringing their best to the console, and making that console a cheaper device to bring games to, by making the console more on a par with existing formats, it could find EA/Activision/Ubi bringing their content to the next Nintendo console, as they do with the PS4/XB1 right now.
    This can only make it more attractive to new buyers, especially as the XBsX and PS5 are going to be needing two years before you have to own one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

I think at this stage Nintendo aren't intending to release any big 1st party games before Christmas.

Now maybe there's some strategy behind that. With the new consoles coming there really isn't much room for anything else.

Maybe in the new year there'll be more room to breathe. They could have an upgraded version of the switch maybe.

At this stage I'd just love some indication that new Mario, Zelda and Mario kart are coming soonish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

SK1979 wrote: »
    At this stage I'd just love some indication that new Mario, Zelda and Mario Kart are coming soonish.

God love the crew that has to try top Mario Kart 8 DX. Man, that game actually doesn't get old at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭itsa_me_mario

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    God love the crew that has to try top Mario Kart 8 DX. Man, that game actually doesn't get old at all.

It's probably the same team. It's really is class. Maybe they could go open world like Forza Horizon. Although ... Mario kart is about instant fun. The Mount Wario track makes me think we need an open would skiing/snowboarding game from Nintendo ... And that 1080 game on the N64 which was great. Sequel perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seem s the Prince of Persia remake is coming to Switch but later than the other platforms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

Coybig_ wrote: »
    Heard the debates on remastering quality but the release of those 3 games in an all star package is enough to get a casual like me to buy the switch!

Now to figure out if I want the lite or the normal.

Right I've pre ordered the Mario 3d all star game for next week so a switch is definitely getting bought but still deliberating on normal vs lite. Is it true that some games dont play that well on the lite? Smash Bros for example?

Coybig_ wrote: »
    Right I've pre ordered the Mario 3d all star game for next week so a switch is definitely getting bought but still deliberating on normal vs lite. Is it true that some games dont play that well on the lite? Smash Bros for example?

Much more options with normal switch. Portable , docked , couch multi player, table top ... Some games are hard to play portable as the fonts can be too small. Also, you can't really play 4 player mario kart/smash/etc on a little screen ... The AAA Nintendo games deserve a big screen at least sometimes ... certainly mario galaxy/Odyssey/BOTW/kart/... You can replace the joycons if they break ... dock is handy for charging controllers ... HD rumble in joycons ... larger portable screen ... Classic switch Neon blue/red... The original and best colours :)

Unless you are die hard portable only ...

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Much more options with normal switch. Portable , docked , couch multi player, table top ... Some games are hard to play portable as the fonts can be too small. Also, you can't really play 4 player mario kart/smash/etc on a little screen ... The AAA Nintendo games deserve a big screen at least sometimes ... certainly mario galaxy/Odyssey/BOTW/kart/... You can replace the joycons if they break ... dock is handy for charging controllers ... HD rumble in joycons ... larger portable screen ... Classic switch Neon blue/red... The original and best colours :)

Unless you are die hard portable only ...

What he said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Unless Even if you are die hard portable only ...

There ya go :cool:

[I played on tv for first time since launch yesterday.... felt weird....

Grassey wrote: »
    There ya go :cool:

[I played on tv for first time since launch yesterday.... felt weird....

So, weird good or weird bad .. ?

I guess what I meant to say was ... with the lite you only have the portable option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I felt dirty and reverted back to handheld

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I only use the detached joy-cons when in TV mode, so no custom controller or anything: been meaning to look but as we're chatting about TV mode ... are there any known issues with the default cons around latency issues? I kinda avoid using TV mode, 'cos it felt a lot laggier on some games. The analogue stick a bit foggier and less snappy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

For anyone with Amazon Prime, Mario 3D All Stars is now showing delivery to Ireland. For some reason it hadn't been when it was put on the site. You get the £5 off Prime discount too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

pixelburp wrote: »
    I only use the detached joy-cons when in TV mode, so no custom controller or anything: been meaning to look but as we're chatting about TV mode ... are there any known issues with the default cons around latency issues? I kinda avoid using TV mode, 'cos it felt a lot laggier on some games. The analogue stick a bit foggier and less snappy.

Check the mode on your TV, could be picture processing on the TV. If it has a 'game mode', make sure to enable that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Ryath

Corholio wrote: »
    For anyone with Amazon Prime, Mario 3D All Stars is now showing delivery to Ireland. For some reason it hadn't been when it was put on the site. You get the £5 off Prime discount too.

I contacted chat about it but they just said some items couldn't be delivered to Ireland, could give no reason and couldn't do anything about it.

Where do you see the £5 discount? I'm tempted to get it but I can still play Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy on my Wii U. Have never played Mario Sunshine though. Extra fiver could sway me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah wheres the discount? I just see £49.99 price, no £5 discount and im all primed up.

pixelburp wrote: »

There were connectivity issues originally, but don't see that issue cropping up anymore. Think they fixed that. Make sure to update your joycons too. I've never noticed any issues. Apart from the joycons being fiddly and small. Much prefer the pro controller.

nix wrote: »
    Yeah wheres the discount? I just see £49.99 price, no £5 discount and im all primed up.

Same, where is this magic discount? I'm on prime at the moment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think the Switch is bumping into the hard limit of it's abilities and, in order to compete for more market share it needs to offer something a little more.
    Perhaps it's the slow rate of AAA titles that is spurring them on.
    I mean, you aren't wrong, the 1st party stuff has, as usual, been stellar and often better than anything the PS4/XB1 has to offer, but it is an expensive and slow business making games of that quality and, if anything, the AAA release rate on the Switch is low.
    With 3rd parties bringing their best to the console, and making that console a cheaper device to bring games to, by making the console more on a par with existing formats, it could find EA/Activision/Ubi bringing their content to the next Nintendo console, as they do with the PS4/XB1 right now.
    This can only make it more attractive to new buyers, especially as the XBsX and PS5 are going to be needing two years before you have to own one.

Yeah, the Switch's age/limititation is probably really going to start to show now with AAA titles so they might need to do something. I suppose I never think of playing these type of games on a Nintendo system so it's not catering to me. Would be annoyed if I had to uppgrade my Switch to play a first party game though. Nintendo aren't perfect, despite what some on this forum might suggest ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ryath wrote: »
    I contacted chat about it but they just said some items couldn't be delivered to Ireland, could give no reason and couldn't do anything about it.

Where do you see the £5 discount? I'm tempted to get it but I can still play Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy on my Wii U. Have never played Mario Sunshine though. Extra fiver could sway me!

There was a promotion in the item description that if you spent £25 or more on Prime you'd get £5 off, and it was taken off at checkout. Googling it there and it seems maybe total amount of promotional codes were reached. Worth keeping an eye out though, they seem to have these things off.

This was my order detail:

2020-09-12-122626.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

There was a promotion in the item description that if you spent £25 or more on Prime you'd get £5 off, and it was taken off at checkout. Googling it there and it seems maybe total amount of promotional codes were reached. Worth keeping an eye out though, they seem to have these things off.

This was my order detail:

2020-09-12-122626.png

You sure that wasnt from doing something else? Like the make a wish list promo?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Anyone pick up Nexomon: Extinction ?

Looks fairly good for a Pokemon knock off and only 20 euros on the Eshop is it worth picking up ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭peter4918

Advertisement